any topicals that DONT need to be applied 2x daily?

mothernature

Established Member
Reaction score
Ideas posted here

Is there any topicals that reverse or stop balding that only need to be applied a few times a week or less and not 2x a day?

I really would like some ideas on this. I cannot use minoxidil as it caused side effects. I have a receeding hair line.. :dunno:

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Proxiphen. Once daily.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Revivogen. Once Daily.

Jacob

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Proxiphen. Once daily.

Bryan is so eager to push Prox he didn't bother to read the whole post.

He said he cannot use minoxidil. Proxiphen contains minoxidil.

Dermatopoietin only needs to be applied 4 days in a row. Then 10 days off. Then repeat.

Then there's some of the DermaHeal products...and HR3 Matrix ...and Bioclin Phydrium Advance...and Crescina Stem Regrowth...and Phytolium 4..etc. Just posting the ones I'm aware of that aren't constant daily applied topicals.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jacob said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the original poster didn't have any problem with using Proxiphen. Dr. Proctor has admitted in the past that he saw no difference in performance in versions of Proxiphen WITH minoxidil, compared to versions WITHOUT minoxidil. Maybe that includes "side effects", too.

Nene

Reaction score
Jacob said:
Bryan said:
Proxiphen. Once daily.

Dermatopoietin only needs to be applied 4 days in a row. Then 10 days off. Then repeat.

Then there's some of the DermaHeal products...and HR3 Matrix ...and Bioclin Phydrium Advance...and Crescina Stem Regrowth...and Phytolium 4..etc. Just posting the ones I'm aware of that aren't constant daily applied topicals.

LOL. When I saw Bryan had posted on here, I was certain there was talk of Dr. Proctor's products.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Nene said:
LOL. When I saw Bryan had posted on here, I was certain there was talk of Dr. Proctor's products.

I'll tell you what we can do: for every post I make in which I talk about Dr. Proctor's products, I'll give you a dollar. For every post I make in which I don't talk about Dr. Proctor's products, YOU give ME a dollar. Do we have a deal?

Nene

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Nene said:

I'll tell you what we can do: for every post I make in which I talk about Dr. Proctor's products, I'll give you a dollar. For every post I make in which I don't talk about Dr. Proctor's products, YOU give ME a dollar. Do we have a deal?

No, because not every thread would be appropriate to discuss Dr. Proctor and his products.

Jacob

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Jacob said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the original poster didn't have any problem with using Proxiphen. Dr. Proctor has admitted in the past that he saw no difference in performance in versions of Proxiphen WITH minoxidil, compared to versions WITHOUT minoxidil. Maybe that includes "side effects", too.

Another great selling point. BRAVO ! :punk:

No difference in performance? I'd believe that. Just look around :whistle:

Jacob

Reaction score
Nene said:
Bryan said:
Nene said:

No, because not every thread would be appropriate to discuss Dr. Proctor and his products.

How about just on products others could or should use? I'd take that bet. It's always Prox 'n Nano etc. Revivogen if Revivogen or related topic(FFFA's..etc) is being discussed.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Nene said:
Bryan said:

I see you were wise to turn down THAT offer! :mrgreen:

But what exactly was your point? :dunno: As I've said myself in the past, I generally only mention Dr. Proctor when his products are very obvious and called-for; for example, when another poster complains about sexual side effects from Propecia, and asks rather desperately what he can use instead. Or he complains about getting less benefit after using Rogaine by itself for a few years, and asks how he can make his simple regimen more effective. I give him the obvious answers. See how it works?

Jacob

Reaction score
Obvious? Where is there any evidence out there that it would be so obvious to mention Prox in each of those situations?

It seems it's more obviously other reasons...why someone would be doing this for 10+ years.

patagonia

Established Member
Reaction score
Shampoos. 1x day

No topical is easier/convenient to use than shampoos and they are good at penetrating and delivering active ingredients.

Just to name a few you could rotate or use simultaneously:

keto, piroctone olamine, tee trea oil shampoo, Nano, coal tar, folligen-copper peptides, Alpecin double effect (PO/caffeine) and others.

Leave on scalp at least 5 minutes or more before rinsing.

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
OP still has not replied on his so called minoxidil side-effects.

Fact is he asked for topicals that can be applied once daily that stop or reverse balding, other than minoxidil.

Simple answer. There aren't any.

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Stop or reverse balding = significant inhibition of DHT.

There aren't any topicals that are available* in the sense I believe the OP intended, that are proven to do that.

*with the exception of ordering RU or CB from chem. companies which is very risky.

Nene

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Nene said:
Bryan said:

I see you were wise to turn down THAT offer! :mrgreen:

But what exactly was your point? :dunno:

I didn't really have a point. When I saw the topic, and I saw that you had posted, I just assumed you were talking about a Dr. Proctor product. When my suspicion was proven correct, I just commented on it.