any topicals that DONT need to be applied 2x daily?

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
patagonia said:
Shampoos. 1x day

No topical is easier/convenient to use than shampoos and they are good at penetrating and delivering active ingredients.

Just to name a few you could rotate or use simultaneously:

keto, piroctone olamine, tee trea oil shampoo, Nano, coal tar, folligen-copper peptides, Alpecin double effect (PO/caffeine) and others.

Leave on scalp at least 5 minutes or more before rinsing.

I know you didn't claim this to be the case but just so people know:

Just because it's more convenient doesn't mean it's more effective. Topical should be chosen over a shampoo. Use shampoo as supplement.

patagonia

Established Member
Reaction score
ripple-effect said:
patagonia said:
Shampoos. 1x day

No topical is easier/convenient to use than shampoos and they are good at penetrating and delivering active ingredients.

Just to name a few you could rotate or use simultaneously:

keto, piroctone olamine, tee trea oil shampoo, Nano, coal tar, folligen-copper peptides, Alpecin double effect (PO/caffeine) and others.

Leave on scalp at least 5 minutes or more before rinsing.

I know you didn't claim this to be the case but just so people know:

Just because it's more convenient doesn't mean it's more effective. Topical should be chosen over a shampoo. Use shampoo as supplement.

Based on the studies Ive seen on PO-keto-zinc shampoo studies, the caffeine shampoo studies done in Germany, Proctor Nano shampoo pics, the finasteride studies where the placebo group got results using only coal tar shampoo, just to name a few. Its been shown that shampoos are effective topical treatments on their own.

They are meant to stay on the scalp considerably less than say minoxidil but given the conditions in which the scalp receives the shampoo/medicated ingredients - wet scalp absorbs 4x more according to what I've read. This is just one of the reasons we have seen measurable results from shampoo therapies in the treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia and other scalp conditions like psoriasis, dandruff, seb derm.

Compliance to a regimen is key for a regimen to work long term. Shampoos allow for this in the sense that there is no topical treatment IMO that is easier to apply than a shampoo. You leave it on the scalp 5 minutes or more and that's that. If someone uses finasteride as well then I think you could cover most bases and would see better results over time.

Bottom line I believe that a rotation/mix of medicated shampoos are a good option for someone who does not want/cant use leave in topicals.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Nene said:
Bryan said:
But what exactly was your point? :dunno:

I didn't really have a point. When I saw the topic, and I saw that you had posted, I just assumed you were talking about a Dr. Proctor product. When my suspicion was proven correct, I just commented on it.

That was just a big guess on your part?? As I found in that recent experiment I did in which I actually measured the number of posts I had made in which I had mentioned Dr. Proctor's products, the actual number was something on the order of 6% or 7%, if I remember correctly.

Nene

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Nene said:
Bryan said:
But what exactly was your point? :dunno:

I didn't really have a point. When I saw the topic, and I saw that you had posted, I just assumed you were talking about a Dr. Proctor product. When my suspicion was proven correct, I just commented on it.

That was just a big guess on your part?? As I found in that recent experiment I did in which I actually measured the number of posts I had made in which I had mentioned Dr. Proctor's products, the actual number was something on the order of 6% or 7%, if I remember correctly.

Bryan, you are a prolific poster. You post about various topics on various threads. I don't accuse you of posting about Dr. Proctor when it's not gemane to the topic. However, when discussing alternative treatments to the big 3 and/or topicals etc. You almost always mention Dr. Proctor. Not sure why you love his stuff, especially because you are very knowledgeable about studies and usuallly are very skeptical. But you're entitled to your opinion.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Nene said:
...However, when discussing alternative treatments to the big 3 and/or topicals etc. You almost always mention Dr. Proctor...

Again, I repeat what I said in my previous post: I measured my actual number of posts where I even so much as mentioned his products, and THE ACTUAL MEASURED NUMBER WAS ONLY SOMETHING LIKE 6% or 7%. Your memory is failing you, and miserably.

Jacob

Reaction score
Why do you keep posting that idiotic "I measured my actual number of posts.." nonsense..when we all know that when it comes to products that you just happen to push..it's always Proctor's. And less frequently- Revivogen. The other 90% of your posts are arguing with ppl like S Foote or talking about stumpied tailed midgets and the like. You *seem* to be very knowledgeable, as Nene mentioned...but you're still stuck on pushing the same stuff you've been pushing for 10+ years.

It'd be at least a bit different if there were more evidence that Proctor's or even Revivogen did much..and/or if they were really that unique and worth using compared to the numerous other things out there these day,.

Nene

Reaction score
I'm thinking about switching to once a day, I'm afraid my results will suffer. However, I've been using the stuff so damn long, I'm not sure using it twice a day matters anymore. The results seemed to have maxed out long ago.

Nene

Reaction score
FredTheBelgian said:
You will be only maintaining with once a day, like I do, I think :)

I hope so. I might try it once a day and then if I feel I"m losing ground I will switch back to twice a day. Do you guys apply once at night or morning?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
Why do you keep posting that idiotic "I measured my actual number of posts.." nonsense..when we all know that when it comes to products that you just happen to push..it's always Proctor's.

I don't particularly care if you believe me or not, Jacob. Why don't YOU go to as much trouble as I did, and count my posts that same way yourself? I'd get a BIG kick out of that!! :mrgreen:

Jacob said:
The other 90% of your posts are arguing with ppl like S Foote or talking about stumpied tailed midgets and the like.

Ahh...you're starting to get a little smarter! :) A good many of my posts _do_ have to do with people who have various oddball interpretations of the balding process, and quite a few of them are dialogues I'm having with those kooks. But that's happening less and less nowadays, as I'm becoming bored with many of those people. You still see me post a lot, though, about specific things that interest me; an obvious recent example would be that post I did recently about percentages of minoxidil in products like Rogaine, and how that percentage changes when you apply it to your scalp. Another recent example was when I actually defended Propecia (oddly enough) against the outrageous claims being made by another poster.

Jacob said:
You *seem* to be very knowledgeable, as Nene mentioned...but you're still stuck on pushing the same stuff you've been pushing for 10+ years.

As I've already told you in the past, I generally only mention that "stuff" when there's a damned-good REASON to mention it, like when somebody is fretting about having to stop using Propecia, and has no idea what else to use. You can bet your sweet *** that I'm going to mention what Dr. Proctor says is even better than Propecia. Better get used to it (it only happens 6% or 7% of the time, anyway)! :smack:

Jacob

Reaction score
Bryan said:
I don't particularly care if you believe me or not, Jacob. Why don't YOU go to as much trouble as I did, and count my posts that same way yourself? I'd get a BIG kick out of that!! :mrgreen:

Why would I waste my time doing that when I explained why it's idiotic that you keep bringing it up?

Ahh...you're starting to get a little smarter! :) A good many of my posts _do_ have to do with people who have various oddball interpretations of the balding process, and quite a few of them are dialogues I'm having with those kooks. But that's happening less and less nowadays, as I'm becoming bored with many of those people. You still see me post a lot, though, about specific things that interest me; an obvious recent example would be that post I did recently about percentages of minoxidil in products like Rogaine, and how that percentage changes when you apply it to your scalp. Another recent example was when I actually defended Propecia (oddly enough) against the outrageous claims being made by another poster.

Yeah, we don't see you post a lot. Yet whenever you get a chance to promote Proctor..you're there. Again..reread what I said about your counting. Maybe you'll get a little smarter.

As I've already told you in the past, I generally only mention that "stuff" when there's a damned-good REASON to mention it, like when somebody is fretting about having to stop using Propecia, and has no idea what else to use. You can bet your sweet *** that I'm going to mention what Dr. Proctor says is even better than Propecia. Better get used to it (it only happens 6% or 7% of the time, anyway)! :smack:

Better get used to it? 10+ years and I'm not used to it? :shock: Dr. Proctor makes up so much garbage..the last thing anyone should believe is his claims. 10+ years and nothing to prove them with. Many of the newer products these days have more "studies" and information on their ingreds/products than Dr. P has ever been able to provide. They even have patents :woot:

Jacob

Reaction score
Who cares if they're fakes or not..just longer hair....before/after haircut...etc. The quality is terrible. And that's all there is for 10+ years of the stuff.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
Bryan said:

Why would I waste my time doing that when I explained why it's idiotic that you keep bringing it up?

AWWWW, Jacob...don't you want to PROVE that what you said about how often I post about Dr. Proctor was correct, and what _I_ said was incorrect? Come on, Jacob, why don't you try to PROVE it, by doing your own count? Should be good for a laugh! :)

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
FredTheBelgian said:
Sorry Bryan, you lose here, Jacob and Nene win, I'm seeing it myself, it's pathologic really, or you are paid by this Proctor guy! I saw the picture on his website, they are just fakes, all that regrowth, without finasteride, AND minoxidil?! come on!

prt0.jpg

prt8.jpg

I'm impressed that you find those Proxiphen before-and-after photos sooo impressive, you just can't believe that they are real!! :mrgreen:

Says a lot for Dr. Proctors products, when you can't even believe his pictures! :)

Jacob

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Jacob said:
Bryan said:

AWWWW, Jacob...don't you want to PROVE that what you said about how often I post about Dr. Proctor was correct, and what _I_ said was incorrect? Come on, Jacob, why don't you try to PROVE it, by doing your own count? Should be good for a laugh! :)

Guess I'll have to repeat myself...and I'll repost the rest of it again as well..

Yeah, we don't see you post a lot. Yet whenever you get a chance to promote Proctor..you're there. Again..reread what I said about your counting. Maybe you'll get a little smarter.

Better get used to it? 10+ years and I'm not used to it? :shock: Dr. Proctor makes up so much garbage..the last thing anyone should believe is his claims. 10+ years and nothing to prove them with. Many of the newer products these days have more "studies" and information on their ingreds/products than Dr. P has ever been able to provide. They even have patents :woot:

Jacob

Reaction score
Bryan said:
FredTheBelgian said:
Sorry Bryan, you lose here, Jacob and Nene win, I'm seeing it myself, it's pathologic really, or you are paid by this Proctor guy! I saw the picture on his website, they are just fakes, all that regrowth, without finasteride, AND minoxidil?! come on!

prt0.jpg

prt8.jpg

I'm impressed that you find those Proxiphen before-and-after photos sooo impressive, you just can't believe that they are real!! :mrgreen:

Says a lot for Dr. Proctors products, when you can't even believe his pictures! :)

It actually says a lot about Dr. Proctor. You might want to reread what you said there :woot:

10+ years....

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jacob, why did you simply re-post all that garbage again? Is that a tacit admission that what I said in the past (about posting about Dr. Proctor's products only 6% to 7% of the time) was correct all along? :dunno: :)

Jacob

Reaction score
Absolutely not...completely the opposite. Play stupid again and I'll just repost it..again.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Honesty doesn't mean much to you, does it, Jacob? You just can't admit that the count I did earlier was completely honest and accurate...