Any Solution To Help With Erection Quality

tysono

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Massively helped eq by taking l cit and a multi both once a day. Shedding hair though.

tysono

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone know why the shed would be occurring from taking these two supps?

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it is very unlikely that you shed beacuse of l-citrulline.
there isnt any real study proving l-citrulline can improve long term periferic circulation or that is effective as nitric booster (= that you actually can feel it)
its a very common amino acid in every gym in the world, we would know

dont know about the multi

tysono

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just weird because when taking only the multi, there was no shed. A week in to taking l cit with it and I’m shedding like crazy

tysono

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like crazy meaning? How much shedding before and after?
Went from no/very little hairs coming out when styling to an amount where I can actually see and feel the total density of my hair has reduced
Usually when I get a shed from something like this, I stop taking whatever supps I feel could be causing it, and start to feel an increase in thickness within a week. Sucks because these are helping my eq..

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know L citrulline can boost creatine levels or something, maybe that is what is causing the shedding, i didn't think it would have much impact on your hair, sorry to hear that it has.

tysono

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone that takes dutasteride use anything supplement wise? Anything that helps keep hormones a little more in balance/helps your sides? Just trying to get a few options

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone that takes dutasteride use anything supplement wise? Anything that helps keep hormones a little more in balance/helps your sides? Just trying to get a few options
there isnt any supplement that can do what you seem to need.
not even pregnolone or sexual precursors.
if you suffer from any side effect (?) you just need to drop it and then consider to balance your hormones.
dont waste money on citrulline and palliatives

Ray Baz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had the same problem when on Dust and finasteride a few years back my libido shut down and erections were semi on a good day. I took these supplements and it helped me.
Fenugreek
Zinc and magnesium tabs
Ashwagandha

These 3 made me go from almost zero libido to a teenager again whilst on dutesteride. if the recomended does on the packets for fenugreek and zinc and magnesium isnt working after 3 weeks of taking then just double the dose. they wont tell you that on the packet because they arent allowed but its ok

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had the same problem when on Dust and finasteride a few years back my libido shut down and erections were semi on a good day. I took these supplements and it helped me.
Fenugreek
Zinc and magnesium tabs
Ashwagandha

These 3 made me go from almost zero libido to a teenager again whilst on dutesteride. if the recomended does on the packets for fenugreek and zinc and magnesium isnt working after 3 weeks of taking then just double the dose. they wont tell you that on the packet because they arent allowed but its ok
Still on the meds?

Ray Baz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still on the meds?

No, I stopped after a year on them and now my libido didnt come back until i started taking the mag/zinc fenugreek and ash..

Having hair and no libido is not something i can handle and im actually more surprised that the natural oils i use work better than the finasteride and dutasteride.

Gokusan

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, I stopped after a year on them and now my libido didnt come back until i started taking the mag/zinc fenugreek and ash..

Having hair and no libido is not something i can handle and im actually more surprised that the natural oils i use work better than the finasteride and dutasteride.

What oils do u use?

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Oh, it was that bad that u had to quit your regimen.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fenugreek
Zinc and magnesium tabs
Ashwagandha

Doesn't ashwagandha boost T levels? for someone who is sensitive to t it might not be a good idea since finasteride/dutasteride is also boosting them. You had no detrimental effects on your hair from it?

Last edited:

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dutasteride actually protects your penis in the long term. If you're in the USA, go to e.g. Cleveland or other top research clinics. They're likely to change your opinion. Vasolidators (tadalafil etc) are a good option as well to provide a better erection and maintain your penis 'size' longer as you age. You can also assume that this things happen in your head, managing your stress (associated with the very fact that you're taking a powerful drug dutasteride) can be helpful. If you have early signs of atherosclerosis, you should target this at first. A good erection is about proper vessels condition and blood supply.
First time I hear/read about duta protecting the penis. By what mechanism?

Anatoly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My point was about the importance of psychology when one considers dutasteride and erection quality. A placebo effect is a powerful thing: assume, you take Avodart and you know that it can impede your erection (although, to my view, the evidence is of low statistical significance) and, moreover, you read all these scary stories (rather subjective things) and you're far more likely to experience all these scary side effects. My attitude to Avodart has changed over time. At first I was quite neutral, no better, no worse with respect to erection etc. Then I started to read more and more about various sides and a lot of scary stories - and .... my erection and libido became really impaired))). I was really stressed and my libido really dropped. Then I started to assume that things may not be so bad. I read further and found evidence about positive effects of dutasteride on these aspects. Plus I simply stopped thinking about scary sides of avodart and excessive reading of scary stories)) ... and now I live normally, taking SOME pill that helps me look better and stay healthier rather than a powerful drug that is bound to ruin my penis. This has helped. Now I have no problems with libido and erections at all. Sometimes I feel that these have become even better. Psychology is an important aspect to consider.