Any Experience With Very Low Dose Oral Minoxidil (less Than 5 Mg)

Warmer82

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont think there are any clinical trials with both topical and oral minoxidil together. I dont even think there is a trial for topical minoxidil once aday.
For all we know, topical once a day could be as effective as twice a day.

Its all trial and error with combination teatments. If your serious with oral minoxidil start off with a low dose for a few weeks and increase if you have no side effects.

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont think there are any clinical trials with both topical and oral minoxidil together. I dont even think there is a trial for topical minoxidil once aday.
For all we know, topical once a day could be as effective as twice a day.

Its all trial and error with combination teatments. If your serious with oral minoxidil start off with a low dose for a few weeks and increase if you have no side effects.
My minoxidil pills are coated, & the instructions that came with them said that these pills are not meant to be cut.... so I guess cutting them is out of the question.

Maybe it's the fact that I'm using foam minoxidil...Maybe I need to switch to liquid for better results?
I've tried liquid in the past & it dried my scalp out with flakes. Maybe i should give it another shot

el_duterino

Reaction score
Guys FYI I stopped using the oral 5mg minoxidil a few weeks ago

While it worked for hair loss it gave me a lot more of the minoxidil skin sagging face effect - no big surpise

I am back on foam, it's more expensive and more of a pain but the skin looks much better for a similar effect on hair

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys FYI I stopped using the oral 5mg minoxidil a few weeks ago

While it worked for hair loss it gave me a lot more of the minoxidil skin sagging face effect - no big surpise

I am back on foam, it's more expensive and more of a pain but the skin looks much better for a similar effect on hair

5mg just seems too much to start with. People have even struggled with 2.5mg.

Oral seems like a last resort for people who don’t respond to topical.

Don’t forget, a majority don’t have enough of the enzyme required for topical;

‘In fact, research shows that only about 38.3 percent of patients using the medication will witness its benefits. One possible explanation has to do with an enzyme in our bodies needed for Minoxidil to work. Without proper levels, the blood vessels near the scalp will not be able to enlarge.’

Warmer82

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
5mg just seems too much to start with. People have even struggled with 2.5mg.

Oral seems like a last resort for people who don’t respond to topical.

Don’t forget, a majority don’t have enough of the enzyme required for topical;

‘In fact, research shows that only about 38.3 percent of patients using the medication will witness its benefits. One possible explanation has to do with an enzyme in our bodies needed for Minoxidil to work. Without proper levels, the blood vessels near the scalp will not be able to enlarge.’

I read somewhere that oral 1.25mg daily, stopped hair shedding in 33% patients and hair increased in 28%, so 1.25mg is effective for 61% of users.
Also 1 year mark is the maximum results, then efficiency declines after this. So probably increase dosage after a year

coco_304

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I read somewhere that oral 1.25mg daily, stopped hair shedding in 33% patients and hair increased in 28%, so 1.25mg is effective for 61% of users.
Also 1 year mark is the maximum results, then efficiency declines after this. So probably increase dosage after a year

how to cut 5 mg into 1.25 mg ?
its possible?

vinnievandall

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
is this the Thailand pharmacy you are talking about? https://www.thailandpharmacy.net/product-category/hypertension/

if so i think you just must have really strict customs in belgium, i have ordered from them before with no problems.
I ordered it with another thai pharm and yeah kinda weard because my ru58841 and cb0301 and minoxidil 15% came in without any problems i could try again but im worried because i got a warning now from the police