Any Celebrities On Fina And Minoxidil With Good Looking Hair?

Stigabe

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you know any? I think it will be good motivation for all of us.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ashton Kutcher took Avodart (Dutasteride) for 10 years.

Ashton-Kutcher-Long-Hair.jpg

Matthew Mcconaughey has admitted to being on finasteride. So has Bradley Cooper.

Trump also takes finasteride. :cool:

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ashton Kutcher took Avodart (Dutasteride) for 10 years.

View attachment 88612

Matthew Mcconaughey has admitted to being on finasteride. So has Bradley Cooper.

Trump also takes finasteride. :cool:

Dax Shepherd implied he is on propecia in the Ashton interview

When did McConaughey say he was on finasteride? I've only ever heard him hype up that snake oil looking product regenix or whatever it's called

I think it's obvious many/most dudes in Hollywood are. We see a lot of them hit NW2 or so and then lose no further hair after that....way more 35+ year old fullheads in hollywood than out here in the civilian world(granted some of them go the piece route)

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I go anywhere in the real world around me and look around, like 40-60% of dudes in their late 20's are NW2.5. In hollywood, tons of late 30's+ showing zero or minimal signs of hairloss....NW1 or been maintaining a NW2 for the last decade or so. To me the explanation that makes the most sense is most of them have to be on fina/duta, or wearing hair pieces. It's way too much of a coincidence to assume that THAT many guys in hollywood just have good hair genes

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
When did McConaughey say he was on finasteride? I've only ever heard him hype up that snake oil looking product regenix or whatever it's called

You're right. I mistook him with someone else. What he promotes just seems like pure garbage, lol. Some random shampoo lol

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tosh.0 is also on the good stuff....really solid recovery too:

Sounds like he may have also been going to the same guy Dax and Ashton were going to for their prp treatments lol...."needles to the head"

abcdefg

Reaction score
I think we should be looking at the hair on girls at 40. Katie holmes has amazing hair and she is 40! Well lets think why do so many girls have amazing hair at 40 compared to so many balding men of same age? Hmm what do men all have common different from women. What about hormones maybe like much higher T/DHT? Maybe that is why men go bald I cant think of any other major difference other than genes.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think we should be looking at the hair on girls at 40. Katie holmes has amazing hair and she is 40! Well lets think why do so many girls have amazing hair at 40 compared to so many balding men of same age? Hmm what do men all have common different from women. What about hormones maybe like much higher T/DHT? Maybe that is why men go bald I cant think of any other major difference other than genes.

r8pkw8.jpg

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I go anywhere in the real world around me and look around, like 40-60% of dudes in their late 20's are NW2.5. In hollywood, tons of late 30's+ showing zero or minimal signs of hairloss....NW1 or been maintaining a NW2 for the last decade or so. To me the explanation that makes the most sense is most of them have to be on fina/duta, or wearing hair pieces. It's way too much of a coincidence to assume that THAT many guys in hollywood just have good hair genes

Meh I don't know about that. Come to Denmark. People in there 20's here dont have hairloss. And 30's generally don't have either. Many in their 40's have better hair than me ffs. It makes me sick to my stomach to walk the streets and study hairlines.

I do agree many celebs must be on treatment. I reckon a lot use hair pieces and we don't even realise it also (still think Clooney belongs in that camp). It's rare you see someone let it go to sh*t like Jude Law.

Drew442

My Regimen
Reaction score
Chris Evans. He even opened up about losing his hair but never admitted to using treatments.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Meh I don't know about that. Come to Denmark. People in there 20's here dont have hairloss. And 30's generally don't have either. Many in their 40's have better hair than me ffs. It makes me sick to my stomach to walk the streets and study hairlines.

That's Savage man....must be "something in the water" as they say. Here in the states, both in the north East and other places I've been, my observation has been if you make it to 35, maybe even 30 with zero sign of male pattern baldness, you're in the minority.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's Savage man....must be "something in the water" as they say. Here in the states, both in the north East and other places I've been, my observation has been if you make it to 35, maybe even 30 with zero sign of male pattern baldness, you're in the minority.

Agreed...that is why we really should not feel too bad. I would say the majority of men in my office are thinning or receding or completely bald. It is like death---we all die but the dying is the scary part lol...

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Russell Brand, Mark McGrath and Eddie Cibrian. Eddie still has some thick hair but his hair has receded some.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really dont understand the credit that people in this forum gives to finasteride (or even dutas). I was taking it so long and it had zero effect on me, just zero. also tried dutas, same sh*t.
I also know some people (from real life) that take it, and just keep receding. so it isnt just me
If it was such magic pill then everybody would take it and I wouldnt see so many patetic bald guys everywhere I go.

No, I believe it either good genes / hair pieces / transplant

If you read the info that Merck released on the drug and the studies you can see it is not really a miracle drug at all. One statistic I remember reading is that in 5yrs, 100% of the people lost hair in the placebo group and 35% did in the Finasteride group. So definitely buys time but certainly not magical.

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
If you read the info that Merck released on the drug and the studies you can see it is not really a miracle drug at all. One statistic I remember reading is that in 5yrs, 100% of the people lost hair in the placebo group and 35% did in the Finasteride group. So definitely buys time but certainly not magical.
I want more in-depth studies that cover everything regarding finasteride. I'm not sure what study you're talking about, but I believe the numbers would be even lower if the study was done solely on guys 18-25(probably 90% of the people on this site). I know there's a 10-year study that shows great success-rate, especially in older guys. But I can't help to think those aren't accurate. I mean it's not really hard to publish a "study" and studies like this are perfect for a hair transplant-surgeon to show a patient.

finasteride is basically all we have so it's not like like there's a choice to make if you want to save your hair. But long-term efficiency is crucial if you need a hair transplant.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I want more in-depth studies that cover everything regarding finasteride. I'm not sure what study you're talking about, but I believe the numbers would be even lower if the study was done solely on guys 18-25(probably 90% of the people on this site). I know there's a 10-year study that shows great success-rate, especially in older guys. But I can't help to think those aren't accurate. I mean it's not really hard to publish a "study" and studies like this are perfect for a hair transplant-surgeon to show a patient.

finasteride is basically all we have so it's not like like there's a choice to make if you want to save your hair. But long-term efficiency is crucial if you need a hair transplant.

https://www.merck.com/product/usa/pi_circulars/p/propecia/propecia_pi.pdf Page 11 at the top.

abcdefg

Reaction score

65 percent didnt lose any hair in 5 years is a bad statistic? That is almost 3/4 of every man trying it especially when you consider a lot of guys are already well on the way to male pattern baldness by the time they try it, and we know AAs are most effective in stopping/preventing male pattern baldness not reversing the process once its started. If all men started at Norwood 1 at 20 years old its efficacy might be even higher.
Also finasteride leaves almost 30 percent of the main 5-ar 2 enzyme so dutasteride would work even better. I still think testosterone contributes to male pattern baldness certainly in some people that are more sensitive than others. Its hard to believe two androgens and only the DHT does anything.