Any bald guys who've 'inspired' you?

SimianDysfunction

Reaction score
A bit nerdy but I'd nominate Alexander Grothendieck.

Grothendieck.jpg

In case anyones wondering, he was the greatest and most influential mathematician of the last century - he made revolutionary advances across so many fields of mathematics.

And of course Dara Ó Brian

Dara_172298t.jpg

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
SimianDysfunction said:
And of course Dara Ó Brian

Dara_172298t.jpg

deffo
[youtube:10743a7i]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMvMb90hem8[/youtube:10743a7i]

also tim burners-lee
if it wasn't for him we wouldn't be here so he definately belongs here
tim-berners-lee.png

SuperBaldy

Reaction score
Hunter S. Thompson, definitely. He was never ashamed or anything about his hairloss. He didn't care, neither do his fans, because he is such a great writer. I think he was even proud of his balding, because he wore that Las Vegas -visor that drew more attention to his bald head.
hunter-s-thompson.jpeg

Viens

Reaction score
SimianDysfunction said:
A bit nerdy but I'd nominate Alexander Grothendieck.

Grothendieck.jpg

In case anyones wondering, he was the greatest and most influential mathematician of the last century - he made revolutionary advances across so many fields of mathematics.

somone uk said:
tim burners-lee
if it wasn't for him we wouldn't be here so he definately belongs here
tim-berners-lee.png

Thank God you posted these. I was getting really worried when I saw every person mentioned was a celebrity actor or musician.

Roald Dahl, Charles Darwin, Milt Kahl, Paul Dirac..

SuperBaldy

Reaction score
dudemon said:
SuperBaldy said:
Hunter S. Thompson, definitely. He was never ashamed or anything about his hairloss. He didn't care, neither do his fans, because he is such a great writer. I think he was even proud of his balding, because he wore that Las Vegas -visor that drew more attention to his bald head.
hunter-s-thompson.jpeg

That looks like Johnny Depp as "Rauol Duke" in "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas":
Wow. I thought everyone knew that the movie "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" is based on a book with the same title, written by Hunter S. Thompson.

To make it clear, Raoul Duke is the alter ego of Hunter S. Thompson.

SuperBaldy

Reaction score
But you really didn't know it was based on a book? If so, I suggest you read it, it's a true masterpiece.

Shadow333

Reaction score
Marilyn Manson is going bald a bit , but for his age I dont really mind anyways.
Most inspirational person that there is.

s.a.f

Reaction score
dudemon said:
Anyways, as far as him being an inspiration, I don't get how you think such a thing. I personally think MM is a :gay: ... I mean any guy who has his ribs removed so he can suck his own c*ck has got to be :gay:

And you actually believe that?? :doh: :wow:

s.a.f

Reaction score
dudemon said:
He had 4 of his own ribs removed so he can suck himself off. True story. :mrgreen: .

And you know that because you read it on the internet??? :whistle:

For one thing removing ribs does'nt make your spine more flexible. I thought at your age you would'nt fall for this kind of Bull5hit.

BTW I think the guys an idiot who just tries to shock people for the sake of it, and I think his music sucks and he has'nt been relavant since the 90's but anyway ....

Reaction score
Was MM really in the Wonder Years btw? :shock:

Anyway to try and steer this topic back on track when I think of bald guys that inspire me I look no further than my Dad. I know that may be somewhat maudlin but its the truth and I can relate to my Dad much more than any of the other guys posted in this thread to date. My Dad lost both his parents in his teenage years and then started balding when he was 19. Now I know there are far worse things that can happen to a young person (debilitating disease or illness) but nonetheless I think that's still quite a tough break for a young guy. Anyway, long story short he didn't let it hold him back and still managed to obtain a good career, wife and family (me and the rest of my siblings) and give us a very comfortable existence. In fact, I often feel pathetic when I complain and whine about my hairloss when I consider that at least I have a loving family to fall back on for support whereas my Dad had no such luxury.

kejan

Established Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say inspired as such, but I've seen a few men who sport the bald-look well.

Pep Guardiola is pretty awesome, but he's dark, still got a bit of his hairline. He seems to shave it maybe with a razor and then lets it grow in for a month or so. He is a man who actually looks better with no hair at all than his thinning shaved bits of hair growing in.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Hmm, how about a thread entitled 'Bald guys you'd choose to look like'. :whistle:

SuperBaldy

Reaction score
Almost forgot this guy!
urho+kekkonen.bmp

Urho Kekkonen, Finland's president 1956-1982. This man is the greatest, he prevented Finland from becoming a part of Soviet Union for many times.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
monty1978 said:
The Rock is bald now or at least shaves it all off cos he's norwood 3.

He's cool! I'd happily look like him, though I wouldn't want to be so big!
Are you sure he is a norwood 3?
He already had a very high hairline when he was young, I suspect it has gotten worst in the last years.
I was trying to figure out what kind of Norwood he had during Wrestlemania, but he shaves too close to notice it.
Wrestlers are very good at shaving their heads, I have never seen Stone Cold's horseshoe, if he even has one, he had diffuse thinning when he started to shave.
Kurt Angle is starting to grow a stubble now after a decade of shaving is head