Any bald guys who've 'inspired' you?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Boondock said:
imagine how different this forum would be without UCMan.

Yeah without him to redress the balance, this place would be like slybaldguys. :puke:

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score
Some of you should really get off UCman's back/case...the way i'm reading some of these posts gives me the impression that some of you are like those self-righteous people who have everything to say about anyone but don't stop for a second to take a look at themselves...everyone obviously experiences hair loss in their own way.

Anyway this thread was meant for bald guys you admire :)

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
Boondock said:
Well I said in my first post that 'inspiration' might be the wrong word, but I definitely think UCMan is a leading visionary at the forefront of the hair loss community. His no nonsense critiques and experiences get to the heart of the hair loss conundrum. And look at his impact here: imagine how different this forum would be without UCMan.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

One of the dumbest things I've ever read. Ever. I thought you had more sense than that.
UCMan is a paranoid whiny loser who refuses to do anything about his situation that might help him. Why hasn't he gotten a hair piece? Surely it must be better than the horrors bald men like himself face every day?

That man needs a big kick up the backside and someone to tell him to stop acting like a little girl. But he probably won't get it, not here anyway, when people like you keep telling him that all the delusional crap he comes up with is the truth.

In my opinion there's nothing more pathetic than the grown men on this site who b**ch and whine constantly about their situation, yet refuse to do anything about it. Because it's easier to do nothing and make yourself out to be a victim instead, right?

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
Ori83 said:
there is no question that UM speaks the truth, but he is also an over sensitive guy who lets it get to him more then it should, and it blocks him in many aspects... for example, hair loss will lower your chances with women (significantly imo) but you still can find someone if you try hard enough, yet in UM's (and the likes) minds there is no point even trying and add to that the fact that he is depressed and that's something every sane girl would run from.

change in attitude just by itself would make a HUGE difference for UM, on the other end there is Qballl and the slybald guys who literally live in a state of denial.. saying things like "girls dont care about hair loss" is by far more delusional then UM's experiences if you ask me :dunno:

You should try reading some of qball's posts. I've never seen him say anything of the sort. He has a very sober outlook on this whole issue.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ori83 said:
there is no question that UM speaks the truth, but he is also an over sensitive guy who lets it get to him more then it should, and it blocks him in many aspects... for example, hair loss will lower your chances with women (significantly imo) but you still can find someone if you try hard enough, yet in UM's (and the likes) minds there is no point even trying and add to that the fact that he is depressed and that's something every sane girl would run from.

change in attitude just by itself would make a HUGE difference for UM, on the other end there is Qballl and the slybald guys who literally live in a state of denial.. saying things like "girls dont care about hair loss" is by far more delusional then UM's experiences if you ask me :dunno:
He doesn't speak the truth, he speaks his opinion based on his own experiences and reaction to those experiences.

I'd argue there is no 'truth' about baldness. I guarantee you there is a man out there with identical hair loss to UCman who is perfectly happy and considers himself a successful person.

Back on topic: while I don't find these guys to be inspirational per se, I do find them intriguing that they have overcome the perceived wisdom on here that they should have a second rate life and have made something of themselves regardless.

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
so to summarize: baldness does not mean anything in our superficial society, its only in your head. Cause positive attitude alone can make you lift a house, right? Everybody in here should now A) get da f*** out of this forum ASAP or B) take a gun and blow themselfs up. incl me.

but before...why are guys like qball in here posting every other day if hairloss is not a problem? why continue to discuss with/convince guys like UCman that he is only imagining things. Why dont you guys just leave this place and live your life. I mean, why waist time on something that does not matter? why burn energy on "dellusional" people? It does not make any sense.

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
superfrankie said:
so to summarize: baldness does not mean anything in our superficial society, its only in your head. Cause positive attitude alone can make you lift a house, right? Everybody in here should now A) get da f*ck out of this forum ASAP or B) take a gun and blow themselfs up. incl me.

but before...why are guys like qball in here posting every other day if hairloss is not a problem? why continue to discuss with/convince guys like UCman that he is only imagining things. Why dont you guys just leave this place and live your life. I mean, why waist time on something that does not matter? why burn energy on "dellusional" people? It does not make any sense.

A nice straw man summation. Well done to you sir.

Why am I here? Because I myself had a very hard time not too long ago (and I still do occasionally), and it was thanks to people like qball, who made me realize that even though hair loss can be hard it doesn't have to be the end of the world, that I managed to push through it.

There are people reading UCMan's delusional crap, and I don't want them to think that that will become the reality once you are bald. It's bullshit.

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
hairloss is not the end of the world, but the end of the individual. :woot: (irony)

sandsclap, think like this: the more you dont help, the more girls for yourself :punk:

Petchsky

Reaction score
I certainly wouldn't want to hold him up as an inspiration, everything UCman says is negative and comes back to his victim mentality. Nobody is saying hairloss is a piece of cake, but he takes it to an extreme.

He has also said that he suffers from BDD, which warps his view of himself as ugly and useless, he's far from objective, and what Nashville Hairline said "He doesn't speak the truth, he speaks his opinion based on his own experiences and reaction to those experiences."

For me, Hunter S Thompson is a cool bald guy,

thompson.jpg

thompson.jpg

hunter.jpg

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
superfrankie said:
hairloss is not the end of the world, but the end of the individual. :woot: (irony)

sandsclap, think like this: the more you dont help, the more girls for yourself :punk:

No, I don't think like that. Now grow up, because this is getting embarrassing.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Nashville Hairline said:
He doesn't speak the truth, he speaks his opinion based on his own experiences and reaction to those experiences.

^ This is what I have said all along. I never claimed that my experiences are universal for all bald men like certain members here assert.

Nashville Hairline said:
I'd argue there is no 'truth' about baldness.

Again, this is accurate. Truth is subjective, which is why I prefer to use the term truism as opposed to an absolute truth. I've never claimed that everyone is starring and laughing at me just as Q himself has admitted that there will be the occasional assholes who find it appropriate to make fun of me for my baldness.

PS. Like HP, I have a job now and I am living back with my family where I belong.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
[quote="Nashville Hairline":180qnftu]

^ This is what I have said all along. I never claimed that my experiences are universal for all bald men like certain members here assert.

Nashville Hairline said:

Again, this is accurate. Truth is subjective, which is why I prefer to use the term truism as opposed to an absolute truth. I've never claimed that everyone is starring and laughing at me just as Q himself has admitted that there will be the occasional assholes who find it appropriate to make fun of me for my baldness.

PS. Like HP, I have a job now and I am living back with my family where I belong.[/quote:180qnftu]
Fair play..yeah 'truism' is a good word and they do exist about baldness and a lot of other things for sure.

I wasn't picking on you btw, I just find on message boards the tone of posts are written like they are dispensing incontrovertible truths when actually its all just an opinion whether you have 1000 posts to your name or 1 post.

Its really intriguing to me how two people with the exact same situations can have wildly different reactions to them..I have to remind myself of this every time I look at my dwindling hairline in the mirror and start to feel sh*t.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My current fave baldie is Jack Nicholson:

Cuckoos_Nest.jpg

I saw One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest again recently and he's absolutely amazing in it. In most of his roles he seems to have been pretty honest about his hair situation - not much wearing wigs etc.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Nene said:
An inspiration to me is a man in his 30s who is successful and happy in spite of his baldness, and doesn't walk around hating himself and the world because he is bald. Baldness sucks, but life is more than whether or not one has hair.

Nailed down to a T for me. :punk:

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
[quote="Nashville Hairline":13bsjkcg]

Nashville Hairline said:

PS. Like HP, I have a job now and I am living back with my family where I belong.[/quote:13bsjkcg]

how are you feeling UCman ? It seems like you are more vivid now than just a couple of months ago. Its great to hear that you are back with your family.

I try to stay away as much as possible from this place, try to focuse on things I can change with my life and not dwell on things I have no control over. Like my hair loss. Anyway, I hope you are feeling great. Greetings from Sweden.

Ps! you are absolutely right on the above. Your experiences are not universal for ALL bald men. Ofc, thats silly to assert.

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
Nashville Hairline said:
Its really intriguing to me how two people with the exact same situations can have wildly different reactions to them..I have to remind myself of this every time I look at my dwindling hairline in the mirror and start to feel sh*t.

Like Dr.Phil assert: "there is no reality, only perceptions"

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Thanks SF. I'm feeling better, more relieved now that I'm working again and earning my way. I still have to deal with other people and their reactions to my baldness but I think of my daughter and remain as professional as possible. I'm learning quickly and I've already received praise from my bosses and colleges. I like the people I directly work with. The only incident I've had is this one c*** that works with me called me a "skinhead" in front of our clients and I found that to be super inappropriate, so I mentioned it to my superior and she has laid off me since but overall it has been great so far. I just didn't want to come out and make a big deal out of it here because I didn't want to jinx anything.

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
That is very nice to hear. I know your struggle with hair loss and its warming to hear you have started to have a more objective view on your situation (taking your daughter into account for example). You have a responsibility towards her to take care of her, and if you do I promise you, you wont regret it. She is 100 000 times more valuable than the hairs on your scalp. But ofc, you already know that. :)

Yeah I know UCman, no matter how you behave there will always be c**** out there commenting or starring. I was recently called a nazi from a friends friend. But nowadays I just talk them down confidently whitout showing I am offended. Cause that is what they want. And I refuse to give them that power. The funny thing was that this bloke was quite fat so I instantly gave him my special one: "I see you are taking good care of yourself" while I looked at him from top to bottom. I clearly sent the message that he was the loser since he`s got something he has control over while I don´t.

I personaly think it is unacceptable to abuse someone for their genetics. But I have no problem with offending someone for something they can actually change. If they deserve the abuse in the first place so to speak.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Good show SF, well played my friend. And Sweden, huh? Home of one of my favorite video game developers, DICE.