Any bald guys who've 'inspired' you?

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score
Or encouraged, given hopen etc?

One that does it for me every now and then is Moby:
moby_2461172.jpg

I'm sure you've all heard of him, if not his music. While i think he's got some awesome songs, i also admire him for having achieved what he has in his life, and all the while being completely bald. I don't think it particularly suits him, but he has this quirky/cool type of character going that suits his image quite well i think.

There's also Vin Diesel then again he has a good shape.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Patrick Stewart has been one of my favorite actors and all around awesome person since I was probably 11 or 12. Him being bald only made him cooler to me growing up.

It's funny how now I wish to avoid his genetic fate...though I don't think I'd be a solid NW6 like he is, it'd just get thin and whispy on top in NW4-ish style :(

Belmondo

Established Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't call him an 'inspiration' but I definitely admire Bruce Willis.

He's handsome, charismatic and a brilliant actor - he should have been nominated for an Oscar for his performance in The Sixth Sense.

Boondock

Reaction score
Wouldn't necessarily say he's an 'inspiration', but I definitely draw upon a lot of the ideas and experience of UCMan.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I dont get this thread, :dunno: sure you can admire someone who happens to be bald for their talents or achievements.

But in any case the fact that they are bald is merely coincidence and makes no difference to our own situation.

I cant imagine having extra respect for someone just because they happen to share the same genetic trait as me.
To say yeah I admire that guy because he's a baldy seems a little strange to me.

FSHGLD

Established Member
Reaction score
Boondock said:
Wouldn't necessarily say he's an 'inspiration', but I definitely draw upon a lot of the ideas and experience of UCMan.

LOL.

It sounds cheesy but my dad...He was NW6 by about 27 and he seems to have a pretty good attitude about it. I'm not sure if it ever got to him the same way it's gotten to me. I'm also not sure my life will be as 'successful' as his.

nerdwood

Established Member
Reaction score
A lot of the Sly Bald Guys inspire me, they have successful careers, beautiful

wives/girlfriends and they're not ashamed to use their real photo in avatars.

:punk:

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
I dont get this thread, :dunno: sure you can admire someone who happens to be bald for their talents or achievements.

But in any case the fact that they are bald is merely coincidence and makes no difference to our own situation.

I cant imagine having extra respect for someone just because they happen to share the same genetic trait as me.
To say yeah I admire that guy because he's a baldy seems a little strange to me.
What i was getting at is that...many of us (or just some) seem to think that since we're on the direct path to baldness, and since many of us are having a hard time accepting that fact, it will most likely strike at our confidence and hence we'll have a harder time trying to succeed in life. I've noticed a few members here have said that being bald lowers your chances of getting a job, along those lines..i figured that since there are successful people out there who are also bald, that they could be someone to 'look up to' so to say, since they prove that it is possible to be successful and bald.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dudemon said:
Joe Satriani. I just wish I was smart like him, and just went the shaving route instead of getting transplants.

Tom Morello is also bald and extremely talented and he is a hat-prisoner too :)

the guy in my avatar is an inspiration, one of the pioneers to shave his head at the time.

Boondock

Reaction score
Satriani wears hats sometimes, but he's not a complete prisoner like Morello is.

Another bald hero:

[youtube:8nm1mhve]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsD4UK_-jeE[/youtube:8nm1mhve]

[youtube:8nm1mhve]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIn60Ry_qCs[/youtube:8nm1mhve]

[youtube:8nm1mhve]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA0qhhIxrQY[/youtube:8nm1mhve]

s.a.f

Reaction score
Ori83 said:
dudemon said:
Joe Satriani. I just wish I was smart like him, and just went the shaving route instead of getting transplants.

Tom Morello is also bald and extremely talented and he is a hat-prisoner too :)

the guy in my avatar is an inspiration, one of the pioneers to shave his head at the time.

Hat prisoners dont really count, since they're not being open about it.

I did'nt think that Patrick stewart was a shaving pioneer he just kept a short horseshoe until a few years ago when he shaved it completley to play Xavier in X men.
Its funny though baldness actually enhanced his career but he was getting parts for characters 20 yrs older than his actual age. I suppose theres less competition to play parts opposite the leading roles than there is to actually get the top billing. I'm sure his younger years though though he'd have preferred to have had less success but been able to play romantic leads.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Boondock said:
Another bald hero:

[youtube:1oqeazai]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIn60Ry_qCs[/youtube:1oqeazai]

Sorry but theres a guy with a severe psychological disorder about his baldness, he comes on a show and has to bring up the subject immeadiatly. Almost like he's apologising for it in advance.

I'm sure Larry would agree with every one of UCmans theories on how bald people are percieved by the general public.

qball01

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Boondock said:
Another bald hero:

[youtube:2pn0dr1z]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIn60Ry_qCs[/youtube:2pn0dr1z]

Sorry but theres a guy with a severe psychological disorder about his baldness, he comes on a show and has to bring up the subject immeadiatly. Almost like he's apologising for it in advance.

I'm sure Larry would agree with every one of UCmans theories on how bald people are percieved by the general public.

yeah, hes quite the neurotic man...especially in regards to hairloss. He doesn't even consider head-shaving bald guys as being bald because we're "hiding" the fact we're bald according to him. So him and U-man likely wouldn't even get along.

Either way though, the irony is that despite the alleged persecution he has faced, he has become one of the most celebrated, lauded, and wealthiest comedians of all time.

Belmondo

Established Member
Reaction score
OMG I forgot to mention Richard O'Brien! How could I?!

He's a wonderful actor, a fantastic singer and the brilliant mind behind some of the greatest musicals ever (Rocky Horror Picture Show, Shock Treatment).

Moreover, he was actually able to use baldness in his favor - the look of Riff Raff in RHPS is amazing and unique.

Here's a small sample of Richard O'Brien's immense talent:

[youtube:1vgibecq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3M3jcZvkg0[/youtube:1vgibecq]

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:

Ofc he would. UCman has always told the truth. Some in here have accused him for having just a great sense for imagination, but he knows his stuff because he and countless others around the world have experienced and are experiencing what he has been trying to tell everybody in here for some years. Maybe some people dont like him cause he is telling the truth, which in turn is destroying their hope, cause the truth is unfortunately a very depressing one...generally.

qball01

Established Member
Reaction score
I had long post all written but deleted it because whats the point really?

All I will say is that in response to your assertion that he speaks the truth of bald men...

I've read a lot of posts on the internet from bald men over the years and U-man is pretty much the only guy I've ever seen who views reality for bald men the way he does. I have never seen it argued by another bald man that they get gawked and stared at on the street.

He doesn't just have a crazy imagination...he has clear signs of clinical paranoida. Look up Paranoid Personality Disorder....tell me he doesn't fit that description to a T.

Like I've said before....I'm not gonna argue there aren't rough aspects to being young and bald....but please, for the love of God...stop listening to the ravings of a 35 year old unemployed delusional loser and thinking that they represent reality! Its like the 0.00005 percent of people who claim that "Propecia turned my penis into a vagina and gave me Double D breasts!" Since they scream the loudest, its very easy to think that they're making the most valid points when the reality is that for 95 percent of people on the drug (even those who do get some side effects) its not nearly as bad as my humorous example.

Boondock

Reaction score
I agree with superfrankie.

Everyone thinks UCMan is crazy, but then they shave their heads and try it out themselves. They find out that he's right.

Most of UCMan's theories have been right on the mark, which is why I listed him as one of my inspirations. He doesn't bullshit and lie about the situation. He tells it how it really is.

If I didn't realize what he was saying, I would long ago have shaved my head and just denied all the problems I encountered with it. Because, after all, being bald makes no difference to how you're perceived. Right?

Larry David would of course share UCMan's views, and I respect him for that for the same reasons. The only difference is that Larry David frames it into a comedy, and has managed to make shitloads of money over it. People think he's joking, but he isn't.

Listen to his interviews and he comes up and reveals things like "I'm probably have the record as the longest time a man in the world with a major network television show has gone without sex."

Even watch Curb Your Enthusiasm, and you'll see him come out with the truth all too often.

As a matter of fact many of his theories are strinkingly similar to UCMan's, and I think they're both on the mark. Both are at the forefront of the theoretical side of hair loss in society.

Nene

Reaction score
Boondock, I think you've finally lost your mind. I shaved my head for over a year, and sure I liked having hair better, I got less attention from girls, but it wasn't a death sentence either. UCman is NOT an inspiration. He's delusional and has severe OCD. An inspiration to me is a man in his 30s who is successful and happy in spite of his baldness, and doesn't walk around hating himself and the world because he is bald. Baldness sucks, but life is more than whether or not one has hair.

Boondock

Reaction score
Well I said in my first post that 'inspiration' might be the wrong word, but I definitely think UCMan is a leading visionary at the forefront of the hair loss community. His no nonsense critiques and experiences get to the heart of the hair loss conundrum. And look at his impact here: imagine how different this forum would be without UCMan.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
there is no question that UM speaks the truth, but he is also an over sensitive guy who lets it get to him more then it should, and it blocks him in many aspects... for example, hair loss will lower your chances with women (significantly imo) but you still can find someone if you try hard enough, yet in UM's (and the likes) minds there is no point even trying and add to that the fact that he is depressed and that's something every sane girl would run from.

change in attitude just by itself would make a HUGE difference for UM, on the other end there is Qballl and the slybald guys who literally live in a state of denial.. saying things like "girls dont care about hair loss" is by far more delusional then UM's experiences if you ask me :dunno: