Any 5mg Oral Minoxidil Users Out There?

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely works like nothing else. I've been doing 6-8 weeks cycles for the last year and half and then take a break when I cannot tolerate the cosmetic side effects. I use 2.5/day and also a little topical.

Davgogs

My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely works like nothing else. I've been doing 6-8 weeks cycles for the last year and half and then take a break when I cannot tolerate the cosmetic side effects. I use 2.5/day and also a little topical.

When did you notice it's working? I have been using in like 2.5 months and first two months I shed like crazy. Nowadays shed has stopped but my hairline never look really this bad before. Even when I started the topical. I thought about quitting cuz I don't know if it's working or not.

I'm using 10 MG btw

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
When did you notice it's working? I have been using in like 2.5 months and first two months I shed like crazy. Nowadays shed has stopped but my hairline never look really this bad before. Even when I started the topical. I thought about quitting cuz I don't know if it's working or not.

I'm using 10 MG btw

I think that like topical you need to give it 6-12 months to see full effects, i would lower your dosage to 5mg though, safer over the long term, i have been using 10mg for the mjaority of the time i have been taking oral min, went as high as 20mg before, i don't think anymore than 5mg is needed. I have been taking it since roughly september/october 2018

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Whats comestic sides?

jumpingjackgazz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that like topical you need to give it 6-12 months to see full effects, i would lower your dosage to 5mg though, safer over the long term, i have been using 10mg for the mjaority of the time i have been taking oral min, went as high as 20mg before, i don't think anymore than 5mg is needed. I have been taking it since roughly september/october 2018

And did you see any regrowth or do you have thicker hair ?

I'm under oral minoxidil 2.5 mg/day since 1.5 month, I also got nasty shed the last 2 weeks and it seems to have almost stopped now.
I'm looking at my scalp with a USB microscope and it seems that the thickening of the hair has started but i'm not completely sure, i's hard to track... My beard seems thicker already... I'm willing to continue and let oral minoxidil a chance for the next 6 to 12 month...

tato123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used oral minoxidil 5mg for 10 months, increased body hair, accelerated hair growth, beard growth but does not cause regrowth, I never saw a good result with oral minoxidil, I mean cosmetically satisfactory, all users I read say the same thing anywhere, except for a guy on youtube who got results with dermatroller and minoxidil, but I don’t believe much, the hair goes into cycles when you take oral minoxidil, I never stopped having shedding, my skin got old gray , brown eyes, think carefully before you start, this is not a miracle pill.

tato123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you want results you need to go for immunosuppression or hormonal pathways, the big problem becomes the side effects

E-nC

My Regimen
Reaction score
I honestly don't know if I should get a higher dose of topical minoxidil or get alfatradiol or oral minoxidil.

I've been using minoxidil for two years, but the hairs I've grown are only thick as my leg and arm hair. Any recommendations?

Attachments

• 20190626_041543.jpg
    20190626_041543.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 569