anti gray supplements

saturnsc2

Established Member
Reaction score
has anybody tried those anti-gray supplements that are supposed to bring back your normal hair color? sounds hard to believe, but i'm curious.....

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
I have found that when I take zinc and magnesium my grey is drastically reduced, Im not sure which one is doing it or both in combination but after a couple months I hardly have any grey. I usually double the daily recommended amount because I drink beer on the weekend which severely depletes those minerals.

Reactions: tzt

skmr

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. Have you tried any herbs for grey hair?

Rudolphus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Grey hair is entirely genetic, and the truth is that there is nothing that can be done to treat it. There is no known substance in this world, either natural or pharmaceutical, that is able to reverse or prevent your hair turning grey. The only "solution" available is hair dye.

Just to make the point though, grey hair is of negligible importance when you compare it to something like baldness. In all honesty, grey hair hardly matters for a man, especially once he's reached his late 30s. It is women who should be more worried about grey hair. The salt and pepper look can be attractive on a man past a certain age. Take George Clooney, for instance. As a grey-haired NW1 at age 53, he is still considered very attractive. Now if George Clooney had no grey in his hair, but was a NW7, think how much that would impact upon his attractiveness and also his fame.

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
Grey hair is entirely genetic, and the truth is that there is nothing that can be done to treat it. There is no known substance in this world, either natural or pharmaceutical, that is able to reverse or prevent your hair turning grey. The only "solution" available is hair dye.

Just to make the point though, grey hair is of negligible importance when you compare it to something like baldness. In all honesty, grey hair hardly matters for a man, especially once he's reached his late 30s. It is women who should be more worried about grey hair. The salt and pepper look can be attractive on a man past a certain age. Take George Clooney, for instance. As a grey-haired NW1 at age 53, he is still considered very attractive. Now if George Clooney had no grey in his hair, but was a NW7, think how much that would impact upon his attractiveness and also his fame.

Totally untrue. Grey equals old in all cases in men. Three things that make men look old, baldness, grey hair, and glasses. Same for women except they don't usually go bald. I've seen guys in their 30s with grey hair who look 55 and guys in their late 40s with grey hair that look 75. I have also seen guys in their 60s without grey hair who look like 40.

- - - Updated - - -

I have found that when I take zinc and magnesium my grey is drastically reduced, Im not sure which one is doing it or both in combination but after a couple months I hardly have any grey. I usually double the daily recommended amount because I drink beer on the weekend which severely depletes those minerals.

What dosage do you take.

saturnsc2

Established Member
Reaction score
well as expected this "anti gray: pill seems to have no effect on any graying as i usually get some light graying on the sides of my head. oh well i'll just stick to the just for men stuff. it compliments light useage of toppik & my transplants....

Rudolphus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Totally untrue. Grey equals old in all cases in men. Three things that make men look old, baldness, grey hair, and glasses. Same for women except they don't usually go bald. I've seen guys in their 30s with grey hair who look 55 and guys in their late 40s with grey hair that look 75. I have also seen guys in their 60s without grey hair who look like 40.
I'm sure there are people on here who would agree with you, but I think you'll find that the vast majority of people would say that grey hair is of very little concern when you compare it to hair loss. Come on guys, we all know that losing your hair is a thousand times worse than your hair turning grey.

jamesrav2

Reaction score
a lot of people use the lead-acetate stuff (ie Grecian and similar products), it causes a simple chemical reaction that takes whatever pigment is left in the hair shaft and darkens it. Lot of good reviews on Amazon for Youth Hair. I've had decent luck with it but you do have to be very consistent using it.

psyhotria

Banned
Reaction score
Use PABA (para-aminobenzoic acid), people. Google it in combination with "gray hair".. Also it's copper, not zinc, that may darken your gray hair..

saturnsc2

Established Member
Reaction score
a lot of people use the lead-acetate stuff (ie Grecian and similar products), it causes a simple chemical reaction that takes whatever pigment is left in the hair shaft and darkens it. Lot of good reviews on Amazon for Youth Hair. I've had decent luck with it but you do have to be very consistent using it.
I've used that stuff als & it smells & tends to leave some scattered gray. using just for men is easier & only once per month.....

Conpecia

Reaction score

do you have any photos to back this up? i'd love to see evidence of this because i'm going grey quick and just turned 30. starting to get serious comments on it, much more than i ever have for my male pattern baldness thankfully..

saturnsc2

Established Member
Reaction score
I really don't know how anybody can accurately gauge this as grey hairs come in uneven & hard to really see if it's reduced. anyway seeing how much those pills cost it's still cheaper to just use just for men once a month even if the pills really worked & t looks great.

- - - Updated - - -

do you have any photos to back this up? i'd love to see evidence of this because i'm going grey quick and just turned 30. starting to get serious comments on it, much more than i ever have for my male pattern baldness thankfully..
just use just for men, it's easy & only once a month you have to do this unlike taking those useless pills twice twice a day...

OnCollinsAve

Reaction score
I've heard that that works! Glad to know someone actually had a good experience with it. Might try it out. Thx.