Anti-ageing creams and general face care

Yuber

Reaction score
Re: Thanks

Libido said:
Hey, thanks for the posts everyone. Really interesting! However, I´ve read the thread three times and still dont really know what to get.

Information overkill perhaps. :mrgreen:
A lot of you have listed active ingridients and what they do wich is informative and usefull - but then I still dont know what products to get really.

If I put it like this:
Lets say I´d want to spend about <50$/month on skincare concerning a generally "healthier" look, be it oral stuff or creams, what do I try first?
http://www.dermalogica.com/product_dir/ ... e+smart%99
This one is said to be great for the more "healthier look". This one is out of your budget. I recommend visiting a store, and try stuff on before deciding to buy the most expensive creams.

Dont forget to buy sun protection. Personally sun protection is the only product I use.
They had one on the link The Gardener provided with antioxidants that sounded good. http://www.neotericcosmetics.com/produc ... spx?iid=76
Another one here. http://www.skincareworldwide.com/Displa ... eria=20084

Jacob

Reaction score
Follically Challenged said:
Jacob said:
How about AC-11(a cat's claw extract)...both internally and topically.

Elsomresearch.com has some products I've been trying out...on my face as well.

Wow wicked thanks for the heads up on AC-11...I saw a cream sold on the shopping network involving Cat's Claw, sounded really good. I don't think it was the extract, though. Thank you!

It may have been the one. I can't find the dang stuff at the moment- there is a skin care line(topical) that contains it. Also a hair care line- Rephair.

Some more on the AC-11:

http://www.skinandaging.com/article/5336

Jacob

Reaction score
Follically Challenged said:
I think its AGEOFF http://www.ageoff.com/science.php

It was on the Shopping Network.

That's one of the supplement ones though. There is a topical with it- the company has exclusive rights to it's use(I think) in skin formulations. Just like the company that makes RepHair has it for scalp/hair.

Libido

Established Member
Reaction score

Thanks again guys!
Yuber said:
http://www.dermalogica.com/product_dir/ ... e+smart%99
This one is said to be great for the more "healthier look". This one is out of your budget. I recommend visiting a store, and try stuff on before deciding to buy the most expensive creams.
I bought one of these from the net. Went for 40-50 so figured what the hey. :)
It says it should only be used like ones or twice a week, so its affordable as one tube will last me well more than a month.

Cant say anything about any results so far, but damn, thats some strong stuff. Feels like I´d go blind if I applied it too close to my eyes. :D My guess is its good though. Did a search and found a lot of good stuff about it.

As for sunscreen, I started using that a month ago. We here in Sweden only have like 3-4 months of sun and summer, so the comon thing to do here is go crazy in spring to try to get a good tan, often ending up with a bad burn the first go every year. Very, very bad I realized, so I personally have stopped doing that.
I use an ordinary factor-10 bottle right know and apply it whenever there is sun outside, mostly under my eyes and on my nose as that tends to get burned.

Im going to look for one with antioxidants and stuff, that is not crazy expensive. Found one but it went for like 100$. Havent been able to found the one you linked to, and generally dont want to order from the US as the shipping and stuff is often to much.

Libido

Established Member
Reaction score
Just dropping in to say thanks guys. :)
Using a very mild face-wash every day, and the dermalogic-thing every now and then.
Using factor 10 sunscreen everyday for my face (should be sufficient here in the land of clouds).
Also use some moisturaiser around the eye area wich I got cheap. Bought an expensive one as well, wich didnt respond well with my skin so I wont be using it. Guess you wont allways get what you pay for.

My skin already looks healthier than when I was 20 (24 now), so its obviously working great.
Get around pretty cheap as well, guessing its a cost equivalent to around ~40$/month.

Made a major difference just as I was expecting. Get looks from chicks everywhere; my main problem was looking too tired.

Now all I need to find is a better sunscreen as this one is some generic stuff made for all-around use.
And stop feeling so gay about this skin-beauty thing. :D

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Only thing I've tried and works for me is washing my face with a blend of olive oil and castor oil. It really deep-cleanses my face and unclogs the pores which I have especially around my nose area.

CCS

Reaction score
I got a really good hat at summit hut. It has a 4 inch brim for the front half, and then the back half is a flap than hangs 8 inches down my neck. Top is soft and light for good ventilation, but does not let sun light through. I can lean back against my car seat, or hang it on my back when indoors and lean back against a chair, all because it is soft. It keeps the sun completely off my face and neck. $40. Looks good too.

The Gardener

Reaction score
CCS said:
I got a really good hat at summit hut. It has a 4 inch brim for the front half, and then the back half is a flap than hangs 8 inches down my neck. Top is soft and light for good ventilation, but does not let sun light through. I can lean back against my car seat, or hang it on my back when indoors and lean back against a chair, all because it is soft. It keeps the sun completely off my face and neck. $40. Looks good too.

Like this one, monsieur?

1801320french20foriegn2hm5.jpg

zxAddict

Established Member
Reaction score

The Gardener said:
My two cents:
In the morning use this:
http://www.neotericcosmetics.com/produc ... spx?iid=78

It's about $15 and lasts about a month and a half. Many grocery and drug stores carry this product, I know that the Rite Aid chain here, as well as the Albertsons and Ralphs (Kroger) carry it as well.

In the evening, use this:
http://store.skinbiology.com/catalog/in ... 250&id=702

The 4oz is a better deal, but even the 1oz at $22.95 will last well over a month... which means that both products together easily fall under the $50/month threshold. You need to order this online.

Yup, thats what I use in addition to Nivea eye cream for men and their Q10 face cream. Actually its the CP Super cerum I have but thats just the standard CP serum with AHA thrown in I believe. Hear good things about the Alpha Hydrox AHA product. And no I'm not a metrosexual - other than obsessing about growing hair I don't do anything else with it. I think highlighting hair would have to be the first step towards metro-sexualism.

the Last Fight

Established Member
Reaction score
Sunscreen and avoiding the sun is soooo damn overhyped, sun is essential for your health and well being. Now if youre in the sun for hours @a time then sure you need to protect your skin. Also to imporve you skin its has to come from the inside, so the food you eat also contributes to your skins appearance, topicals can only do so much. But if you work the combo of eating well and taking car of your skin from the outside you should have great looking skin for a while...... PEACE!!!!

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Fountain of youth!

[youtube:1lxw5wme]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PefdHNnDuv4[/youtube:1lxw5wme]

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It pisses me off to no end to hear about all you 20 somethings using things to prevent aging... damn where
was all this info and the internet when I was 20 something... lol... it's not fair.

Emu oil has worked pretty good for me.

Libido

Established Member
Reaction score
dudemon said:
I havn't read the whole thread, sorry if it has already been mentioned, but I'm getting "raccoon eyes" from too many sleepless nights of studying hard for school. I have caught up on sleep, but the raccoon eyes won't go away. I don't want to seem like a metrosexual, but I wish there was something I could do bout my damn raccoon eyes. Any suggestions? :(
I´ll bump this because Im also curious about stuff for the "eye"-area.

Im sure someones mentioned it but a lot of posts here have been pretty advanced and I havent really understood everything. :)

So, any ideas for products for the area around the eyes?

Anthony83

Established Member
Reaction score
I am at work for about 10 hours a day, and my face gets very oily by the end of the day. Does anyone know of quick remedies for this other than going to the bathroom and washing my face with soap? Thanks

imlosinit

Established Member
Reaction score
to the OP, i would suggest a few tips:

1. Vitamin E (capsule or even break the capsule and apply directly to skin)

2. MSM (this helps your hair too)

3. Glycolic products (not too strong, but it will help if used occassionally)

4. Exercise

5. Water

6. Apricot scrub

Best of all, most of this stuff is pretty cheap.

patagonia

Established Member
Reaction score
Anthony83 said:
I am at work for about 10 hours a day, and my face gets very oily by the end of the day. Does anyone know of quick remedies for this other than going to the bathroom and washing my face with soap? Thanks

best thing Ive found is to remove the oil with dry tissue. Pat dry your face with the paper/tissue you prefer. "clean"paper towels,napkins etc..

keep a little stash of clean paper/tissue with you, it removes the oil perfectly and leaves your face looking clean and dry. You can do this anytime you feel oily.

overdoing it with the washing and soap can irritate your skin/redness ...it gave me dermamtitis once.