anger when looking at hair in the mirror

G

this may sounds nuts, but i'm of the opinion that the reason i can see some scalp in teh diffuse areas and not on the sides is just that my hairs have miniaturized a bit in those areas. i don't feel like i've lost any of them permanently. i may sound too optimistic but judging by some of the success stories i've seen on here i feel like i can thicken those up to at least somewhat resemble the density i have on the sides and back of my head. so i am really looking for hair thickening more than regrowth.

the reason i think this is that when i use a shampoo like aveda pure abundance(which i've been using a bit), which is supposedly the best thickening shampoo out there, i can barely see any scalp, but when i go a couple days without using it, i can see some again. this makes me think that i just have some solidly miniaturized hairs in the region and not hairs that have disappeared.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
JayMan said:
this may sounds nuts, but i'm of the opinion that the reason i can see some scalp in teh diffuse areas and not on the sides is just that my hairs have miniaturized a bit in those areas. i don't feel like i've lost any of them permanently. i may sound too optimistic but judging by some of the success stories i've seen on here i feel like i can thicken those up to at least somewhat resemble the density i have on the sides and back of my head. so i am really looking for hair thickening more than regrowth.

the reason i think this is that when i use a shampoo like aveda pure abundance(which i've been using a bit), which is supposedly the best thickening shampoo out there, i can barely see any scalp, but when i go a couple days without using it, i can see some again. this makes me think that i just have some solidly miniaturized hairs in the region and not hairs that have disappeared.

your probably right....some might be very miniaturized though...but that doesnt mean they can come back to full strength...if the follicle is damaged enough that hair may never grow back.

I think im in the same bout...i have almost all my hair...just its thin in some areas...The thing with me is....it doesnt matter what shampoo I use....when i come out of the shower and my hair is spiked...it looks thinner in the frontal hairline.

G

hair today gone tomorrow said:
JayMan said:

your probably right....some might be very miniaturized though...but that doesnt mean they can come back to full strength...if the follicle is damaged enough that hair may never grow back.

I think im in the same bout...i have almost all my hair...just its thin in some areas...The thing with me is....it doesnt matter what shampoo I use....when i come out of the shower and my hair is spiked...it looks thinner in the frontal hairline.

no guarantees of course, but i estimate my chance of regaining full visual density(note: that doesn't mean that i regain all my lost hair, just that it appears that i did visually) with rogaine foam at 65%. the reason for this is that i think it generally works best on diffusers who are PATIENT enough to use it, because it is a bigger commitment, and a higher expense. i feel like that because i don't have anybald spots, rather just thinness. i don't have any scalp areas showing that are larger than liek 3 or 4 mm between hairs, so i think that most of them are capable of being thickened up.

what that may mean is that if i wanted a transplant ever, they'd be transecting the weak hairs that are hard to see.

G

have you ever considering using top spironolactone along the front of your head?

no. i think my next step, if foam doesn't get me back to where i want, is probably tricomin.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
JayMan said:
have you ever considering using top spironolactone along the front of your head?

no. i think my next step, if foam doesn't get me back to where i want, is probably tricomin.

wow...youd choose tricomin over topical spironolactone? Id prob switch that around.

G

JayMan said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":4347f]have you ever considering using top spironolactone along the front of your head?

wow...youd choose tricomin over topical spironolactone? Id prob switch that around.[/quote:4347f]

spironolactone has to be applied twice a day and it's more of a hassle than a few sprays in the hair..

G

JayMan said:
JayMan said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":474d4]have you ever considering using top spironolactone along the front of your head?

wow...youd choose tricomin over topical spironolactone? Id prob switch that around.

spironolactone has to be applied twice a day and it's more of a hassle than a few sprays in the hair..[/quote:474d4]

I thought tricomin was considered more of a bonus thing than a proper treatment, don't think you can except regrowth from it :shock: .

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Good to see you're on the foam JayMan.

That stuff is actually the s*it 8) good luck with it dude :)

G

I want my body to look like Brad Pitt´s in "Fight Club" not my face. I know I will never be as good looking as him, no matter how much plastic surgery I get. And I want a good body for myself, not for some dumb c***. I have given it up with women.

And yes, I am definetly receding on the whole hairline, not just the temples. The shape of my hairline might still be a Norwood 1, but it is much too high for that. So I consider myself Norwood 2-2.5. But the hairline recession has been stopped by finasteride, what bothers me most at the moment is the diffuse thinning. It is just too damn agressive, I see no point in living with such thin hair. I am probably gonna start looking into wigs soon.

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
Why not just use some Toppik? I am thinning like hell in the temple area and when I put some Toppik on my temples it is like a instant hair transplant!

s.a.f

Reaction score
[quote="s.a.f":8e359]The point I was trying to make is that his hair is more likely to get keep getting thinner than to actually improve (ie see some regrowth. But its also possible that he could maintain with meds. My message to him is not to put his life on hold waiting for his hair to return because it aint going to happen imo.

well if he can get some decent maintenance with dutasteride..he'll be fine...when dry his hair is not bad at all.[/quote:8e359]

We all know that but unfortunatly he does'nt see this and lets this tiny bit of thinning ruin his life.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Taug, why not just get a wig that looks like Brad Pitt's hair, and a mask that looks like Brad Pitt. That way when you get a body like Brad Pitt you will be all set to audition for a celebrity look a like reality show and feel good about yourself.

G

Bald Dave said:
Why not just use some Toppik? I am thinning like hell in the temple area and when I put some Toppik on my temples it is like a instant hair transplant!

I don´t know. I am probably gonna have to use toppik on my crown soon. It just looks too bad..... but it is not the same, it is just a desperate attempt to fake hair. How humilating.... :cry: :cry:

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
Bald Dave said:

I don´t know. I am probably gonna have to use toppik on my crown soon. It just looks too bad..... but it is not the same, it is just a desperate attempt to fake hair. How humilating.... :cry: :cry:

But you've been talking about wigs???

G

Yes, wearing a wig is even more humilating, but I see no other way out. Damn, I am only 25 years old........ :cry:

G

Taugenichts said:
Yes, wearing a wig is even more humilating, but I see no other way out. d***, I am only 25 years old........ :cry:

So what if you're only 25? I know many people who were completely bald at 25, or at least way receeded. Many successful people aswell. You're not the only one. Hell, I'm much thinner than you and I'm only 24.5 years old, and I buzz my hair and go out and play soccer a lot etc. It bugs me to some extent but I think life goes on. It has to.

G

GrowHairGrow! said:
Taugenichts said:
Yes, wearing a wig is even more humilating, but I see no other way out. d***, I am only 25 years old........ :cry:

So what if you're only 25? I know many people who were completely bald at 25, or at least way receeded. Many successful people aswell. You're not the only one. Hell, I'm much thinner than you and I'm only 24.5 years old, and I buzz my hair and go out and play soccer a lot etc. It bugs me to some extent but I think life goes on. It has to.

Yes, and there are also people sitting in a wheelchair their whole life or people who lost a leg. Shall this make me happy that there are people who are worse off than me? That would be really sick I think.

G

Taugenichts said:
GrowHairGrow! said:
Taugenichts said:

Yes, and there are also people sitting in a wheelchair their whole life or people who lost a leg. Shall this make me happy that there are people who are worse off than me? That would be really sick I think.

I knew you'd pull this card from your sleeve. So feeling better 'cause someone's worse off is sick? What would you call your obsession for hair then? Healthy?

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
Did you read my signature?` :roll:

I am not trying minoxidil at the moment for various reasons.

- I want to stabilize my hairloss with dutasteride first
- I am scared of the shedding, particularly combined with a possible dutasteride shed
- Maybe dutasteride alone is gonna give me enough regrowth
- I don´t want a bloated face to make me even more ugly

Oral spironolactone I won´t try because I want to build muscles and look like Brad Pitt.

Your signature is irrelevant because you have been posting as usual saying how your life isn't worth living so I assumed that you read my post and couldn't be bothered to answer. But obviously that was my mistake.
I find it curious nevertheless that you have the guts to take dutasteride and face the potential consequences of more serious side-effects. Whereas you don't want to take minoxidil of the very small chance of a bloated face. Concerning the shed - so what? In the long run you will have lots of regrowth. Don't listen to all of these posters who say that minoxidil should be used as a last resort because minoxidil will promote growth but only to those hairs which are not sufficiently lifeless which therefore renders it more sensible to start minoxidil as early as possible and then your dutasteride will guard all of this lovely new hair. Eventually you will have to buy the dam foam and experience a shed so why not do it now.
Finally wear a dam swimming cap in the pool because if you want a good body swimming will get you there quickest.