anger when looking at hair in the mirror

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Taug, how ironic you want to look like Brad Pitt. Your right, I agree, you do not want to take oral spironolactone because you need to spend all your money on a plastic surgeon but there is no guarantee he can make you look like Brad Pitt. You think a six pack will make you look like Brad Pitt and get hot women. I think you might be right. Having a six pack..................... of beer might just make you look like Brad Pitt if you get a girl to drink the whole six pack.

G

hair today gone tomorrow said:
I seriously doubt youll get enough regrowth with dutasteride...itll prob stop your loss but you should be on the foam. If finasteride was barely slowing down your loss how can you expect dutasteride to give you enough regrowth so that your hair loss isnt noticeable?

yeah i agree. i mean dutasteride is awesome and stuff but it didn't regrow a huge amount more than finasteride. 27% more i believe. and if he was losing hair on finasteride he's a below average responder so i think the best he can expect from dutasteride is maintenance. what would happen if dutasteride didn't stop taug's loss and he really did hit NW3 within a year or so. i'm not hoping it happens but it would be interesting to see the reaction.

s.a.f

Reaction score
JayMan said:
what would happen if dutasteride didn't stop taug's loss and he really did hit NW3 within a year or so. i'm not hoping it happens but it would be interesting to see the reaction.

Its more likely than not that this will happen. He'll just have to learn to live with it and will long for the days when his hair was nw2.

G

s.a.f said:
JayMan said:
what would happen if dutasteride didn't stop taug's loss and he really did hit NW3 within a year or so. i'm not hoping it happens but it would be interesting to see the reaction.

Its more likely than not that this will happen. He'll just have to learn to live with it and will long for the days when his hair was nw2.

what makes it more likely than not in your opinion? the fact that finasteride didn't stop it?

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
JayMan said:

why does everyone talk about taugs loss in terms of norwood....he doesnt classify on the norwood scale....he is still a Norwood 1....he wont progess thru that scale...all the hair on the top of his head will just keep thinning out.

G

[quote="s.a.f":26730]
JayMan said:

why does everyone talk about taugs loss in terms of norwood....he doesnt classify on the norwood scale....he is still a Norwood 1....he wont progess thru that scale...all the hair on the top of his head will just keep thinning out.[/quote:26730]

thats not really true. i mean eventually his hairline will start to go at nw4 or so. and he's not nw1 man. his hairline is way too high to be nw1. his hairline is higher than the center of some nw3's, no joke. he doesn't have much temple recession, but his hairline has definitely just receded back all at once. if you don't believe me then have him take a pic with his eyebrows raised all the way on his forehead, highest crease will be juvenile hairline location, and juvenile hairline=nw1.

his hairline is probably a good 3.25 inches above his eyebrows if not more

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
JayMan said:
[quote="s.a.f":f1c71]
JayMan said:

why does everyone talk about taugs loss in terms of norwood....he doesnt classify on the norwood scale....he is still a Norwood 1....he wont progess thru that scale...all the hair on the top of his head will just keep thinning out.

thats not really true. i mean eventually his hairline will start to go at nw4 or so. and he's not nw1 man. his hairline is way too high to be nw1. his hairline is higher than the center of some nw3's, no joke. he doesn't have much temple recession, but his hairline has definitely just receded back all at once. if you don't believe me then have him take a pic with his eyebrows raised all the way on his forehead, highest crease will be juvenile hairline location, and juvenile hairline=nw1.

his hairline is probably a good 3.25 inches above his eyebrows if not more[/quote:f1c71]

yah have you seen his juvenile hair line? I do not think he will progress through the norwood chart...I think all his hair on the top of his head will slowly thin out over time..until he is nw5,6,7

G

JayMan said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":e0f8a][quote="s.a.f":e0f8a]
JayMan said:

his hairline is probably a good 3.25 inches above his eyebrows if not more[/quote:e0f8a]

yah have you seen his juvenile hair line? I do not think he will progress through the norwood chart...I think all his hair on the top of his head will slowly thin out over time..until he is nw5,6,7[/quote:e0f8a]

i agree but i think he's not a total diffuser like us. he has diffusion mixed with a receding hairline, but no real temple recession. it's gonna recede back all at once into what's looking like a 4A pattern so far

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
JayMan said:
JayMan said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":6f912][quote="s.a.f":6f912]
JayMan said:

yah have you seen his juvenile hair line? I do not think he will progress through the norwood chart...I think all his hair on the top of his head will slowly thin out over time..until he is nw5,6,7[/quote:6f912]

i agree but i think he's not a total diffuser like us. he has diffusion mixed with a receding hairline, but no real temple recession. it's gonna recede back all at once into what's looking like a 4A pattern so far[/quote:6f912]

so he is receding kinda like a black guy....I only say this b/c a lot of black dudes have their whole hair line recede backward...not just the temples...

check out espn stephen a. smith for an example.

s.a.f

Reaction score
The point I was trying to make is that his hair is more likely to get keep getting thinner than to actually improve (ie see some regrowth. But its also possible that he could maintain with meds. My message to him is not to put his life on hold waiting for his hair to return because it aint going to happen imo.

G

JayMan said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":63de8]
JayMan said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":63de8][quote="s.a.f":63de8]
JayMan said:

yah have you seen his juvenile hair line? I do not think he will progress through the norwood chart...I think all his hair on the top of his head will slowly thin out over time..until he is nw5,6,7[/quote:63de8]

i agree but i think he's not a total diffuser like us. he has diffusion mixed with a receding hairline, but no real temple recession. it's gonna recede back all at once into what's looking like a 4A pattern so far[/quote:63de8]

so he is receding kinda like a black guy....I only say this b/c a lot of black dudes have their whole hair line recede backward...not just the temples...

check out espn stephen a. smith for an example.[/quote:63de8]

yep that's what i'd say. kinda like this guy. see how himmler's hair receded back all at once.

himmler.gif

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
has dutasteride done anything to your hair line area...im not talkin about your slight recession but your diffusing across your hair line? and maybe a an inch or two behind it?

G

has dutasteride done anything to your hair line area...im not talkin about your slight recession but your diffusing across your hair line? and maybe a an inch or two behind it?

no that's stayed the same i think. my derm thinks that could just be my mature hairline developing though in the first three quarters of an inch to an inch, and that dutasteride won't stop that from happening. it will only protect from male pattern baldness

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
JayMan said:

no that's stayed the same i think. my derm thinks that could just be my mature hairline developing though in the first three quarters of an inch to an inch, and that dutasteride won't stop that from happening. it will only protect from male pattern baldness

yah but with mature hairline the center of your hairline doesnt thin out...i mean the corner recess a little but thats it.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
The point I was trying to make is that his hair is more likely to get keep getting thinner than to actually improve (ie see some regrowth. But its also possible that he could maintain with meds. My message to him is not to put his life on hold waiting for his hair to return because it aint going to happen imo.

well if he can get some decent maintenance with dutasteride..hell be fine...when dry his hair is not bad at all.

G

JayMan said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":cc815]has dutasteride done anything to your hair line area...im not talkin about your slight recession but your diffusing across your hair line? and maybe a an inch or two behind it?

yah but with mature hairline the center of your hairline doesnt thin out...i mean the corner recess a little but thats it.[/quote:cc815]

that's not true at all:

Rassman said:
the typical juvenile hairline of the 12 year old boy is no different than the hairline of the 12 year old girl, but as men (typically 95% of Caucasians) move into a mature pattern with the central area rising about ½ - 3/4th inch above the central crease and the sides move up about 1-1½ inches, giving a slightly receded corner

See? The sides move up about twice as much as the center but the center still moves up at least half an inch normally. it really doesn't concern me so am a diffuser so it makes sense that the front would thin out as it matures. it hasn't gotten worse since being on dutasteride tho. in fact, i'd say it's come down a bit. and i mentioned how there are a bunch of dark hairs below my hairline where my juvenile hairline used tobe. none below the center because that hasn't really moved, but there are a bunch on the right temple which is the more recessed one, and a few on the left one.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
JayMan said:
JayMan said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":b97b2]has dutasteride done anything to your hair line area...im not talkin about your slight recession but your diffusing across your hair line? and maybe a an inch or two behind it?

yah but with mature hairline the center of your hairline doesnt thin out...i mean the corner recess a little but thats it.

that's not true at all:

Rassman said:
the typical juvenile hairline of the 12 year old boy is no different than the hairline of the 12 year old girl, but as men (typically 95% of Caucasians) move into a mature pattern with the central area rising about ½ - 3/4th inch above the central crease and the sides move up about 1-1½ inches, giving a slightly receded corner

See? The sides move up about twice as much as the center but the center still moves up at least half an inch normally. it really doesn't concern me so am a diffuser so it makes sense that the front would thin out as it matures.[/quote:b97b2]

damn...mine is different my temps are strong..and dont appear to be effectd but my center has thinned a little....kinda a weird loss pattern but it fits the ludqig scale I think.

G

Yeah it does:

ludwig_th.jpg

Look at the picture above III where the temple hair is still there but the center hair is thinned out and so has the entire top. Classic advanced ludwig.

and i edited my post above. i think it may be possible for me to get my juvenile hairline back. i mean those hairs are prob just from me buzzing my hea dso they're growing out and those are the hairs i noticed last year, but rogaine foam should thicken them up and maybe grow some more...

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
JayMan said:
Yeah it does:

ludwig_th.jpg

Look at the picture above III where the temple hair is still there but the center hair is thinned out and so has the entire top. Classic advanced ludwig.

and i edited my post above. i think it may be possible for me to get my juvenile hairline back. i mean those hairs are prob just from me buzzing my hea dso they're growing out and those are the hairs i noticed last year, but rogaine foam should thicken them up and maybe grow some more...

yah id say i more closely fit one of that pattern...i still have my juvenile hairline...just some thinning in the center...Ive been on finasteride for 11 months....I was hoping that dutasteride would have a good effect on my hairline cuz id rather not use foam.