ANDREW'S story - (20, DIFFUSE THINNER 3 MONTH UPDATE!!!!...)

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
any1?

ryand2

Established Member
Reaction score
Your first picturers made the top of your head look really thin, i think its obvious that after 5 weeks your already responding well. Can't wait to see what your hair looks like in a few months from now.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hmmmm, thanks for ur words of encouragement. its just i dont beleive these things could work so early.

il put more pics up at 3 months, then 4.5 months, then 6 months.

Hellboy

Reaction score
Not to discourage you , but I'm already 6 months on minoxidil+nizoral , and not seeing the slightest regrowth. The shedding never stopped either.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
^no propecia?

i cnt see one hair on my hand when i apply minoxidil. its wierd.

Hellboy

Reaction score
ANDREW_J_I said:
^no propecia?

i cnt see one hair on my hand when i apply minoxidil. its wierd.

I haven't started propecia yet because side effects scare me , I might consider it though if I fail to maintain on minoxidil alone.
You misunderstand the meaning of shedding. You don't just see hair on your hands when applying minoxidil but hair systematically falls out at anytime of the day. You'll eventually notice thinning areas on your head.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
^no, im not saying about shedding. im just saying my hair used to fall out when styling it etc... washing etc... but when i apply minoxidil and wash now not a single hair comes out.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
il up more pics at the 3 month mark i think.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
any more thoughts?

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My thoughts:

I don't think it really matters when you apply minoxidil, take your propecia, etc. The person here who told you to do that (like it's gospel) is the same person who in constantly bitching he is losing his hair still. Me, I do try to keep it around the same time each day, but some times I change my schedule, go from mornng to late afternoon and try to take my propecia then for a while. With minoxidil I do one in the morning (or at noon) and one in the evening (or after midnight)...i just try to keep it 8 hours apart or greater. To me what is important is that I take propecia every day, and get two applications of minoxidil almost all of the time. But if I miss a day or an application, I don't sweat it.

You are obviously balding (you know that) so why these guys here tell you it's not bad is beyond me. Anyhow, I'm sure you will enjoy results with what you are doing, and it's just my hunch you will be a great responder. All the best.

Also, if money isn't a factor, have you thought about throwing in spironolactone for the temples, and maybe all over? Since you are keeping your hair short right now it might be an extra kick.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hmmmm, i dunno man. i thought id keep it to the proven treatments. i think u got everything with minoxidil and finasteride. they both work on temples. theres no reason for them not to work same as rest of head surely.

maybe they just didnt do many tests on that area.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The crown is where they did the tests. The temples is where you will have the hardest time regrowing hair. Also, the general consensus here is that after 5 years you will start losing hair that you regrew from Propecia so other anti-androgens are something to definately think about. However, you are doing fine with what you have for now and I look forward to seeing your results. It was just a thought.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
^ight mate. yeh may consider but def not for awhile. i hope they bring summin beta out or HM comes out quicker!

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
il post sum two month pics up possible in a few days.

CCS

Reaction score
the average guy looses hair after 2 years, not 5, though it is much slower. some people will lose it faster than that after regrowing some. It depends on your genetics and when you start, but mostly genetics. thats why some people have to fight it hard.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
^if u losing alot of hair by 20ish tho, does that mean its aggressive? i mean alot of people on here are 20 and have lost ALOT of hair. is it harder to fight?

CCS

Reaction score
yes, that is what I've heard. not if you are NW2, but if you are thinning on top at 20, that means you will have a much rougher time than someone thinning at 35, i've heard.

it is not a definite thing, since hairloss can speed up and slow down, but it is a general trend that the sooner you start loosing it, the stronger it will be.

now that i say that, i wonder if the age theory is a myth. if it is, it is a wide spread one.

the faster you loose your hair at once, the more sensitive it probably is to DHT levels in the follicle. But at the same time, people who start treatment soon after hair loss do better, and I would think people who have a rapid loss would start sooner than people it has been sneaking up on.

so i don't know. if you want a simple, cheap method, buy generic proscar from you local pharmacy and cut it in 4ths. if you want extra stuff, at least and an SOD. I think low dutasteride is best until you grow your hair back, and then you should switch to propecia, to each their own. if you are only a nw1 you don't need that.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hmmmm, not sure what Norwood i am? i diffuse all over top and back tho. and at the mo im taking 1mg finasteride, 2 x 1.5ml kirkland minoxidil and nizoral 2% every 3 days, then mild shampoo the other days.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
pardon?