ANDREW'S story - (20, DIFFUSE THINNER 3 MONTH UPDATE!!!!...)

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair is pretty similar to yours only I have it about half an inch long on top and a number two on the sides and back.

ANDREW_J_I said:
na, on the real, has it prodcued any good results visibily? at the mo no hairs are falling out of my head atall, its wierd. when my hair was longer i was losing loads. perhaps its coz i been washing my hair everyday with scalp treatment for like 3 weeks now.

You don't notice hairs falling out when your hair is really short at the hairs are so small.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
nah, my hairs r like half a cm plus now, and i look really carefully on my hands. i got a feeling its coz my scalp is healthier now from washing it everyday instead of two times a week.

TAINTED-MEAT

Established Member
Reaction score
andrew

andrew your hair isnt that thin, if you let it grow out, you probably couldnt even tell

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Hi Andrew,

welcome to the HairLossTalk.com forums. I've just read your story and checked out your photos.

I understand the emoitional implications of having hairloss at such a young age. I had a baldspot at 19, and thinning hair since 18! Life's a b**ch, sometimes.

Your hair does appear thin. There's an obvious Norwood 6 pattern showing, which isn't the end of the world.

I'm glad that you're on Propecia and Minoxidil. It's a great combination.

This is probably what you can expect from treatment:

You are more than likely to regrow a lot of hair on your crown, some in the middle of your scalp, and maybe a little bit on the hairline.

You have to be religious with your treatment:

Propecia every morning at the same time.

Rogaine in the morning, after a shower.

Rogaine in the evening, before bedtime.

I guarantee you'll see results with this combination.

The thing about these treatments is that they work better on people who are just starting to thin, and it appears as though you've had extensive hairloss.

Why didn't you get on minoxidil or Propecia earlier?

Well, in any case, I think that 6-12 months down the road, you'll be much happier with your new hair.

If, for some reason, you want to bump up your results, you can consider dutasteride.

I really think that you'll be successful with your treatment, as long as you use them religiously.

Don't be sucked into a hair transplant right now.

And lastly (sorry, I'm going on forever),
if you ever need to vent or need some fellow hairloss sufferer's to turn to, please come to the Impact of Hairloss Forum.

We are what we are, and baldness is something that most men will one day have to accept.

Goodluck my friend.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thanks for taking time to read my story.

we wont have to accept it if hair cloning kicks off :)

yeh, to be honest tho i didnt have a patch til a few months ago. serious, no patch whatsoever. i have been thin on top for 4 years or so tho, but u didnt used to be able to notice it til this year, thas when i decided to face it.

i been on propecia and minoxidil, and now nizoral, for 16 days. i take propecia at same time every NIGHT. and i take minoxidil when i wake up, and then later on in evening 5% spread all over the thinning areas.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
NE1 ESLE FEEL THEY COULD SHARE SOME COMMENTS?

Chadman

Reaction score
We're all on this forum for the same problem, so I can be honest.

Yes, you can tell that you're thin. There's some recession and an overall thinning on top; as aplunk said, you can see an NW6.

HOWEVER, your look good buzzed. You're on a good regimen. You should be fine going forward I'd think. Is it ideal? Absolutely not. It would be nice to not have this problem at all, but it could be a lot worse my friend!

Also, it's hitting you hard emotionally because you are young. I know the feeling, believe me. Once you hit your mid to late 20s it becomes less of an issue, and in your 30s completely non-issue, in my humble opinion. Just do what you can to maintain what you have and perhaps regrow a little. The good news is that you have good scalp coverage, but it's just a little thin.

Good luck with your regimen man! Concentrate on all the other aspects in your life and start worrying about your hair less if you can. It's tough, I know.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
^THANKS MAN.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
^what ru taking?

i been on propecia and minoxidil for 22 days.

thanks for the reply ;)

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uv had a hair transplant? what treatment have u eva been on and did it work?

u got any pictures aswel.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
^how long u been on both of them for? i been on 22 days, il take some more pics in 1 week at the month mark.

u got any pics?

Hellboy

Reaction score
Your male pattern baldness looks a lot like a friend of mine's. I haven't seen him for a year . just saw him yesterday and went like " Oh my god " this is really scary sh*t. He's got diffuse thinning and he seems to have lost like 50 % of density in only one year. And he's only 24 !
When male pattern baldness hits in the early 20 ies , it usually advances fast. Good luck with your regimen.
My first post http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?t=27339

CCS

Reaction score
my brother's hair is like yours. he's been on propecia for 3 years, and it seems to have stayed like yours. yours will probably stay the same unless you use the nizoral and the minoxidil. my brother used neither.

-Andrew-

Reaction score
hi, i have a different username now.

im using nizoral and minoxidil. how old is ur brother? i been on it once month exactly. yesterday and today my hair feels the worst its been all month, but i am not shedding any hairs or anything still!

soccerguy11

Reaction score
andrew-
My hair looks almost identical to yours right now, seriously exactly the same, front and back. I'm 20 and a half, and like a f*****g retard waited 2 years to start propecia because I was worried about the possible side effects. I started propecia and minoxidil last week and hope things get better soon. I was only receding for a while then within the past 6 months got the diffusion.
I'm gonna see how this works for the next 6 months, and if I stop losing hair, I might consider an hair transplant before going back to school. i really cant imagine going back to college like this.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
^yeh. iv had it for couple years but didnt face up to it.

does it make u not wanna go out with friends as much? u gotta gf?

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
1 MONTH & 1 WEEK UPDATED PICS!

1 MONTH & 1 WEEK UPDATED PICS OF MY HAIR LOSS.

Please ignore the dry skin etc on my head, i have just woken up and taken these pictures, so my hair is abit messed up. iv started using nizoral though.

front left hairline -
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/6396/p7170050ti3.jpg

front right hairline -
http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4704/p7170044pm3.jpg

back crown -
THEN - http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/1834 ... ownpq0.jpg
AFTER 5 WEEKS - http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5979/p7170042is1.jpg
AFTER 5 WEEKS - http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/8813/p7170048wp7.jpg

front/top -
http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/245/p7170028sf0.jpg

i havent really analysed the situation much, as you have to be patient with these things. its only been 5 weeks since i started treatment so i shouldn't exepct to see anything happening as of yet.

some of the pictures may have been taken in different light compared to my baseline. Also, i have been having my hair trimmed on the back and sides ever so slightly to keep the more thin areas longer, if u get me.

My Regime:
1mg Merck propecia
2 x 1ml 5% Kirkland Minoxidil
Nizoral every 3 days

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Can i also add, obviously i have let my hair grow for 5 weeks, which makes it harder to compare my base line pictures to now.

im going to carry on growing my hair i think.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
my family say they have seen an improvement, but with me growing my hair, and cutting the back and sides a few times, its hard to monitor.