Am i receding and balding?

Dalerwood222

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would definitely be concerned. Think about how much hair you have lost in the past 5 years or so. Now think about how many years you have until you're 35. That's a very long time to expect your hair to hold up.
Well hopefully i’ll look Decent bald then. It looks cool on many people, and hopefully i can pull it off

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
At the same time, it's possible that it might soon stabilize and you could keep most of this for the rest of your life. I've seen that happen. But I wouldn't be willing to take that chance personally. The truth is that there is no way of knowing for sure.

tggill32

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
At the same time, it's possible that it might soon stabilize and you could keep most of this for the rest of your life. I've seen that happen. But I wouldn't be willing to take that chance personally. The truth is that there is no way of knowing for sure.
Judging by his family history he has a good chance of stabilisation. Unfortunately he is already a nw3. I don’t think the picture is clear enough to see miniaturisation at the hairline, however I can’t see any thinning behind that which is always a good sign. No crown loss either.

Evocator

My Regimen
Reaction score
End Of Chapter (1)

Evocator

My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you mean by that?
That's Chapter 1 of your story, If you start using medications and posting updates that'll be the start of chapter 2 :)

Dalerwood222

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's Chapter 1 of your story, If you start using medications and posting updates that'll be the start of chapter 2 :)
i see what you mean :)

but even though most people on here think that i am balding, i honestly disagree with you. I personally think that a lot indicates that i just have a high hairline, and ain’t currently balding, as my family doesn’t have a history of hair loss, my crown is completely fine, my hair is not thinning anywhere, my hair still looks completely fine when i don’t slick it back and i believe that i‘ve actually always had this kind of high hairline. So i don’t actually think i’ll be using any medication to fight hairloss, as i don’t actually think that i‘m losing hair. you are of course more than welcome to disagree with me.

Evocator

My Regimen
Reaction score

but even though most people on here think that i am balding, i honestly disagree with you. I personally think that a lot indicates that i just have a high hairline, and ain’t currently balding, as my family doesn’t have a history of hair loss, my crown is completely fine, my hair is not thinning anywhere, my hair still looks completely fine when i don’t slick it back and i believe that i‘ve actually always had this kind of high hairline. So i don’t actually think i’ll be using any medication to fight hairloss, as i don’t actually think that i‘m losing hair. you are of course more than welcome to disagree with me.
Me too.....I agree with you, I actually told you that you aren't.
But different opinions ... If you're really concerned visit a dermatologist if you can.
Good Luck.

Dalerwood222

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not like that no. I would say that the odds are that it will keep moving back and then you will see thinning in the crown and then it will be too late to treat assuming you want to treat it. If not, then, at least the only receding in the front version of baldness is neat and you can comb it back without looking bald in the back. I would at least add keto or a dandruff shampoo for inflammation. I love the black and white pic.
I would advise to stop giving too much hope. If the recession continues, he will blame himself for not having done anything sooner. He's clearly a pattern of baldness, especially at 23! It's so young to have a mature hairline like this. I don't know anyone in a case like this. Baldness does not depend only on parents, I have bald friends whose parents and grandparents are all norwood 2. I would advise you to start a light treatment like Zix to limit the damage, and if in a few months it continues to back down accept it or start a stronger regimen!
I‘d also like to hear your opinions on the state of my hair as you were very critical of it. having now seen photos of my crown and other stuff like that, have you changed your opinions or do you still stand by it? as always, just be honest. I won’t be offended by your opinions.

tggill32

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I also agree with you. The fact you still have uniform density is a very positive sign! You also say their is no hairloss in your fam another great sign.
You have a similar hairline to this fella who says he hasn’t receeded since a couple years ago: https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeAexd8v/

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Nobody here is critical. They are just calling them like they see them and we have nothing invested and we aren't trying to sell you anything. This is a highly typical sort of thing that I see often on Tressless where people ask "am I balding" and then they want to argue about it. I have no interest in convincing you either way and I always retreat at this point. Good luck.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe my father is NW2. i’m Pretty Happy with my current hair, so i hope you’re right that it stays this way. but is it normal that i lose some hairs when i massage my head?
You cannot judge the progression of future hair loss by pointing to relatives once hair loss has already occurred. Tons of us on here had good hair genes in that sense. Many, many of us have father's with perfect heads of hair which is one reason why we might be more obsessed but not protected by our fathers' hairlines. This sounds like something someone would say in the olden days as a protective mantra. Good luck with that.

Dalerwood222

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nobody here is critical. They are just calling them like they see them and we have nothing invested and we aren't trying to sell you anything. This is a highly typical sort of thing that I see often on Tressless where people ask "am I balding" and then they want to argue about it. I have no interest in convincing you either way and I always retreat at this point. Good luck.
Sorry if what i said came across the wrong way. I‘m not trying to argue about anything, i just wandered if you might’ve changed your opinion after sering more pictures. That was all i meant.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry if what i said came across the wrong way. I‘m not trying to argue about anything, i just wandered if you might’ve changed your opinion after sering more pictures. That was all i meant.
Hair loss in the front can be better at times because it can be stable. On the other hand, diffuse thinning is something that a person can wrongly adjudge to be male pattern baldness and it could be Telogen Effluvium. But hair loss in the temples and nowhere else is pretty much always male pattern baldness because of the pattern where the hair is lost. So, that is why people feel pretty sure that this is male pattern baldness.

Second, we don't know why exactly but hair loss in the temples is much more difficult to restore or improve than in the crown or fringe so that is why people were so adamant that now is time to start. I was 20 when I ineluctably came to the conclusion that I was balding and many/most on here started losing hair young. That feeling never goes away for many of us and many of us actually have decent heads of hair from having caught things early enough but we still congregate trying to squeeze a bit more hair/toothpaste from the tube.

tggill32

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair loss in the front can be better at times because it can be stable. On the other hand, diffuse thinning is something that a person can wrongly adjudge to be male pattern baldness and it could be Telogen Effluvium. But hair loss in the temples and nowhere else is pretty much always male pattern baldness because of the pattern where the hair is lost. So, that is why people feel pretty sure that this is male pattern baldness.

Second, we don't know why exactly but hair loss in the temples is much more difficult to restore or improve than in the crown or fringe so that is why people were so adamant that now is time to start. I was 20 when I ineluctably came to the conclusion that I was balding and many/most on here started losing hair young. That feeling never goes away for many of us and many of us actually have decent heads of hair from having caught things early enough but we still congregate trying to squeeze a bit more hair/toothpaste from the tube.
Come on Janey, put 2 and 2 together. The reason it’s harder to grow hair back on the temples is because it is much more sensitive to DHT than the rest of your scalp, hence why in some cases men develop bitemporal recession in late teens/early 20s and it does not get worst for 20 odd years. If (like some men do) a male was to begin balding from the crown it would be harder to maintain/regrow in the crown area than their temples would be.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Come on Janey, put 2 and 2 together. The reason it’s harder to grow hair back on the temples is because it is much more sensitive to DHT than the rest of your scalp, hence why in some cases men develop bitemporal recession in late teens/early 20s and it does not get worst for 20 odd years. If (like some men do) a male was to begin balding from the crown it would be harder to maintain/regrow in the crown area than their temples would be.
Except I began balding in the crown first before the temples which is why I didn't notice until a friend informed me. It was so high in the crown that it wasn't visible from the front and I am pretty short. The problem with your theory is that now, my crown has completely grown back and filled in and everywhere else has thickened up while I still am watching the hairline and temples improve. The area in front of the ears has all but completely grown back. It's not because we start balding in the temples necessarily that makes it hard to restore but rather to do with pressure points on the scalp that affect even children as the crown and temples can grow in as late as six or seven years old.

tggill32

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Except I began balding in the crown first before the temples which is why I didn't notice until a friend informed me. It was so high in the crown that it wasn't visible from the front and I am pretty short. The problem with your theory is that now, my crown has completely grown back and filled in and everywhere else has thickened up while I still am watching the hairline and temples improve. The area in front of the ears has all but completely grown back. It's not because we start balding in the temples necessarily that makes it hard to restore but rather to do with pressure points on the scalp that affect even children as the crown and temples can grow in as late as six or seven years old.
Skip to 6:45 these are leading derms in Australia for context.