Am i receding and balding?

Dalerwood222

My Regimen
Reaction score
it looks to me that my hair is receding a little bit. Is it or am i just panicing? I’m 23 years old and my hair has always been very thick and still is to this day. I also have quite a big forehead, and i’m wondering if thats why my hairline looks receding. Except for when i slick my hair back, i don’t think my hair looks receding at all.

Attachments

• E48D701D-33B0-440C-ABF7-695FF4F37848.png
    E48D701D-33B0-440C-ABF7-695FF4F37848.png
    449.3 KB · Views: 227

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
How come my hair is still thick and no bald spots is in my hair then? is It not possible that i just have a deep hairline without becomming bald?
It could be, but nobody knows. It could get worse, but nobody knows... You currently have deep widow peaks.

tggill32

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can’t see any thinning past the frontal hairline which is a good sign. I have 2 questions for you:
1) is it stable (I.e.more than a year) or currently progressing.
2) what is your family history like

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Looks like NW2 maybe 2.5? Hop on finasteride and never look back. Maybe try micro needling for REGROWTH.

Dalerwood222

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can’t see any thinning past the frontal hairline which is a good sign. I have 2 questions for you:
1) is it stable (I.e.more than a year) or currently progressing.
2) what is your family history like
I haven’t looked that much into my hairline before now, but i think i had the same kinda hairline a year ago.

no one in my family is bald.

Evocator

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is your father bald?(Which Norwood), how about your maternal grandfather? (Which Norwood).
And how many hairs approximately do you shed per day?

MrKmass

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We cannot see anything in the picture, we cannot judge the thinning.
But before jumping on finasteride I would advise you to learn about the benefit / risk ratio. Other alternatives exist, but for the most part less powerful.

Dalerwood222

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is your father bald?(Which Norwood), how about your maternal grandfather? (Which Norwood).
And how many hairs approximately do you shed per day?
My father is not bald no, and he hasn’t lost hair at All. my maternal grandfather is not bald either and i’d probably say that he’s a norwood 3

i don’t know what shedding hairs mean, so i can’t answer that

Evocator

My Regimen
Reaction score
My father is not bald no, and he hasn’t lost hair at All. my maternal grandfather is not bald either and i’d probably say that he’s a norwood 3

How many hairs do you see in the shower?

Evocator

My Regimen
Reaction score

If you're father is a NW0 (Which I truly doubt) and your maternal grandfather is a NW3 then I think that this hairline is your peak of recession (I hope so).

So if you're happy with your hairline now, I suppose this will be great news.

Dalerwood222

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're father is a NW0 (Which I truly doubt) and your maternal grandfather is a NW3 then I think that this hairline is your peak of recession (I hope so).

So if you're happy with your hairline now, I suppose this will be great news.
Maybe my father is NW2. i’m Pretty Happy with my current hair, so i hope you’re right that it stays this way. but is it normal that i lose some hairs when i massage my head?

MrKmass

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would advise to stop giving too much hope. If the recession continues, he will blame himself for not having done anything sooner. He's clearly a pattern of baldness, especially at 23! It's so young to have a mature hairline like this. I don't know anyone in a case like this. Baldness does not depend only on parents, I have bald friends whose parents and grandparents are all norwood 2. I would advise you to start a light treatment like Zix to limit the damage, and if in a few months it continues to back down accept it or start a stronger regimen!

Dalerwood222

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would advise to stop giving too much hope. If the recession continues, he will blame himself for not having done anything sooner. He's clearly a pattern of baldness, especially at 23! It's so young to have a mature hairline like this. I don't know anyone in a case like this. Baldness does not depend only on parents, I have bald friends whose parents and grandparents are all norwood 2. I would advise you to start a light treatment like Zix to limit the damage, and if in a few months it continues to back down accept it or start a stronger regimen!
You might be right. is it true that treatments have side effects like reduced sex quality? If that’s the case i don‘t think i wan’t to use it.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont think shedding has to do something with male pattern baldness. male pattern baldness is a progressive phenomene relative to "premature aging".

Shedding hairs is an indicator that your hair cycle is interrupted due to... bad scalp conditions, stress etc.. But yes, very aggresive male pattern baldness, such as in teens, can as well be proven by shedding.