Am i receding and balding?

Evocator

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont think shedding has to do something with male pattern baldness. male pattern baldness is a progressive phenomene relative to "premature aging".

Shedding hairs is an indicator that your hair cycle is interrupted due to... bad scalp conditions, stress etc.. But yes, very aggresive male pattern baldness, such as in teens, can as well be proven by shedding.
YEP, thanks.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How come my hair is still thick and no bald spots is in my hair then? is It not possible that i just have a deep hairline without becomming bald?
Not like that no. I would say that the odds are that it will keep moving back and then you will see thinning in the crown and then it will be too late to treat assuming you want to treat it. If not, then, at least the only receding in the front version of baldness is neat and you can comb it back without looking bald in the back. I would at least add keto or a dandruff shampoo for inflammation. I love the black and white pic.

Dalerwood222

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would advise to stop giving too much hope. If the recession continues, he will blame himself for not having done anything sooner. He's clearly a pattern of baldness, especially at 23! It's so young to have a mature hairline like this. I don't know anyone in a case like this. Baldness does not depend only on parents, I have bald friends whose parents and grandparents are all norwood 2. I would advise you to start a light treatment like Zix to limit the damage, and if in a few months it continues to back down accept it or start a stronger regimen!
So you’re saying that you haven’t seen anyone with as bad a hairline at 23 as this? Is it really that bad?

MrKmass

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you’re saying that you haven’t seen anyone with as bad a hairline at 23 as this? Is it really that bad?
No, I have seen much worse at 23. But I have not seen anyone who is 23 like this and does not continue to back down.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is clearly not a mature hairline... Especially at 23 years old. You will go bald. You are a Norwood 3 it seems to me. You have to try a treatment !
It makes me sad, the line about being 23 and always having had thick hair. Indeed. That's what most of us said and we all rushed out to buy vitamins, shampoos from our mothers' hair salons and started jogging/lifting weights. It's a right of passage for the hair-challenged in life.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have never seen anyone show a pic this receded and seriously ask if they are going bald. I assumed it was a joke at first especially with the black and white pic that you might be trolling with....

MrKmass

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are still fine but I would advise you to attack the baldness now because I do not believe in the mature hairline as aggressive and young.
For your question before: Yes, treatments can cause sexual and other problems. This is why I would advise against finasteride without being sure to take the risk.

Dalerwood222

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have never seen anyone show a pic this receded and seriously ask if they are going bald. I assumed it was a joke at first especially with the black and white pic that you might be trolling with....
That’s crazy to hear. I’m seriously not trolling. I generally didn’t know that i was balding. I thought that i had a very Healthy hairline, and i thought that you’d just tell me that there’s nothing to worry about. I know it might sound funny given how bad my hairline apareantly is, but i’m abselutely serious.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are still fine but I would advise you to attack the baldness now because I do not believe in the mature hairline as aggressive and young.
For your question before: Yes, treatments can cause sexual and other problems. This is why I would advise against finasteride without being sure to take the risk.
I would not classify that as "fine". It is way, way back and it's jagged, not gently sloping like a maturing hairline. If OP cares, he needs to commence treatment but there's nothing wrong about being an adult and shrugging it off and just keeping it neat and short.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s crazy to hear. I’m seriously not trolling. I generally didn’t know that i was balding. I thought that i had a very Healthy hairline, and i thought that you’d just tell me that there’s nothing to worry about. I know it might sound funny given how bad my hairline apareantly is, but i’m abselutely serious.
I don't want you to feel bad but we are all pretty hairline obsessed and you can see patterns even within the overall pattern known as male pattern baldness. Some people like Sting can maintain lots of loss in the temples without proceeding to full male pattern baldness patterns of horse shoe baldness but I wouldn't count on that and you look past him already anyway.

Dalerwood222

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't want you to feel bad but we are all pretty hairline obsessed and you can see patterns even within the overall pattern known as male pattern baldness. Some people like Sting can maintain lots of loss in the temples without proceeding to full male pattern baldness patterns of horse shoe baldness but I wouldn't count on that and you look past him already anyway.
It’s probably just because i have my hair covoring the receding areas that i didn’t notice it. Its actually a very big schock for me to be told by so many people that i‘m for sure balding (i’m not slating You, as i appriciate the honesty) as i before posting this didn’t think i’d be balding at all. as i don’t want to have any treatment, its just a bit of a schock that i‘m gonna prepare myself that i’ll be bald in the near future, but i don’t really mind that much, as i quite like the look of being bald

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s probably just because i have my hair covoring the receding areas that i didn’t notice it. Its actually a very big schock for me to be told by so many people that i‘m for sure balding (i’m not slating You, as i appriciate the honesty) as i before posting this didn’t think i’d be balding at all. as i don’t want to have any treatment, its just a bit of a schock that i‘m gonna prepare myself that i’ll be bald in the near future, but i don’t really mind that much, as i quite like the look of being bald
We are all here to help and not disparage you if it seemed that way. I think we just wanted to be emphatic while things are still treatable so you can make decisions about your plan for you.

tggill32

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We need to see better pictures of your hairline. A hairline that is still ‘receding’ and has not stabilised has small weaker hairs at the frontal hairline. These will lack pigment and be much thinner. In my opinion, I believe that unless your crown shows signs of thinning it could quite possibly stabilise. Still looks dense which I feel is overall more important than how recessed it is.

Dalerwood222

My Regimen
Reaction score
We are all here to help and not disparage you if it seemed that way. I think we just wanted to be emphatic while things are still treatable so you can make decisions about your plan for you.
I appriciate that, and i didn’t get the impression that you were trying to disparage me either, i just didn’t excpect to be told that i‘m certain to bald. I think i might just except being bald when my hair start to look too thin and receding, as i don’t really mind looking like that. i still personally find that I look decent enough with my current hair, so i’ll wait for a while probably

Dalerwood222

My Regimen
Reaction score
We need to see better pictures of your hairline. A hairline that is still ‘receding’ and has not stabilised has small weaker hairs at the frontal hairline. These will lack pigment and be much thinner. In my opinion, I believe that unless your crown shows signs of thinning it could quite possibly stabilise. Still looks dense which I feel is overall more important than how recessed it is.
This is my crown. as i look at it now i realize that it does look kinda thin, so i’m probably going bald.

Attachments

• FB5538B0-D750-419F-9F93-37A4ECE4FDDF.png
    FB5538B0-D750-419F-9F93-37A4ECE4FDDF.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 104