Am I Balding/thinning? Pictures Included. Pretty Sure I Am But Sort Of In Denial.

xfaiduadsf

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, so my hairline has always been receded in the corners like that. I've always had the widow's peak. I was never concerned with it, really. But now, at 25, I think my hair is thinning in the front. When I pull back my hair, there's a ton of thinner, shorter, wispy hairs maybe about an inch in length starting from the beginning of the front of my hairline. I believe that's the thinning process and soon enough those hairs will be gone and my hairline will recede further. Also, in the crown area I'm pretty sure it's thinning. When I get out of the shower put my head under the bathroom overhead light and take a mirror to my hair, it's super, super thin like all over the frontal part.

Attachments

• Snapchat-289937556.jpg
    Snapchat-289937556.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 1,016
  • MVIMG_20180721_200106.jpg
    MVIMG_20180721_200106.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 823
  • IMG_20180721_200227.jpg
    IMG_20180721_200227.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 985
  • IMG_20180721_200218.jpg
    IMG_20180721_200218.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 774
  • IMG_20180721_200117.jpg
    IMG_20180721_200117.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 862
  • MVIMG_20180721_200152.jpg
    MVIMG_20180721_200152.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 883
  • IMG_20180721_200303.jpg
    IMG_20180721_200303.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 847
  • IMG_20180721_200123.jpg
    IMG_20180721_200123.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 1,547

xfaiduadsf

My Regimen
Reaction score

f***. I was using nizoral 1% for a few months recently, daily and I think my hair actually thickened up. I haven't used it in a few weeks because I ran out but I think I'm going to start that up again. I'm also on testosterone replacement therapy but I was supplementing it with masteron, which is basically straight up DHT, for quite a while, maybe up to a year before I noticed this hair-loss. I haven't used that in a few months and have just stuck to my TRT. Hopefully i'll get some regrowth/thickening

xfaiduadsf

My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually I'm just gonna do the rogaine foam too. I already have it because I bought it but was too afraid to open it and accept my fate. At least I'll do something so I can stop obsessing over it. Not gonna jump on finasteride though, screw that. This is good I took pictures because now I'll have a baseline I can compare to 4, 6 months down the road and see if there's improvement. I love how the instructions say to use half a cap twice a day but at the same time tell you put the foam in your hand. How the hell are you supposed to measure half a cap in your hand?

Last edited:

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Balding

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm afraid you are. Looks mostly like type A (anterior) balding :(. Good luck. finasteride and min should hopefully help.

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you elaborate more on what is type A anterior balding?

Type A (Anterior) Balding is where the whole hairline recedes from the front to the back of the crown all in unison (I.e. the temples don't recede first; the hairline and temples recede together). Of all the types of balding, anterior is probably the worst. If you have only vertex balding (Type V Balding), it is easy to hide and treatments are very successful. The next least bad is probably a receding hairline (traditional male pattern baldness); it looks "normal" in the early stages. Diffuse thinning is only slightly better than type A balding; you can get away with buzzcuts just fine and is not generally super rapid (though it could be). Type A Balding makes you look old less in a maturing, rugged way and more in a creeper way:

norwood.jpg

The bottom row of NW2-NW5 is anterior balding.

xfaiduadsf

My Regimen
Reaction score
jump on meds asap

What meds man? I don't want to take systemic anti-androgens like propecia. Minoxodil i think is giving me heart palpitations and I've noticed a reduction in random erections/drive but could just be in my head. I want to try topical spironolactone but there the heck do I find it? It's out of stock on this website until July of 2019...Getting pretty frustrated.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
What meds man? I don't want to take systemic anti-androgens like propecia. Minoxodil i think is giving me heart palpitations and I've noticed a reduction in random erections/drive but could just be in my head. I want to try topical spironolactone but there the heck do I find it? It's out of stock on this website until July of 2019...Getting pretty frustrated.

idk about anything other than finasteride/minoxidil. maybe u should just accept it

Cowboys fan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
idk about anything other than finasteride/minoxidil. maybe u should just accept it
Yeh it's hard to believe in 2018. We still only have 2 fda meds for hairloss one could possibly kill ur dick do u feel lucky? And the other could stop ur heart greatly appreciate your times we live in. But everyone says jump on them like they are candy and their are lots of success stories soi ask u again do u feel lucky. .

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeh it's hard to believe in 2018. We still only have 2 fda meds for hairloss one could possibly kill ur dick do u feel lucky? And the other could stop ur heart greatly appreciate your times we live in. But everyone says jump on them like they are candy and their are lots of success stories soi ask u again do u feel lucky. .

The meds are usually very effective. It's mosly a matter of the sides. It's basically your dick or your hair (if you get sides). Awful choice to make.

Cowboys fan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The meds are usually very effective. It's mosly a matter of the sides. It's basically your dick or your hair (if you get sides). Awful choice to make.
I think the.posibility of sides is a lot.higher than which is reported. Is a hell of choice to have to make

abcdefg

Reaction score

I dont think any man on here would be on propecia if other alternatives existed. Its a drug of desperation because its the only thing that works.
There are endless things that MIGHT work, but without propecia/dutasteride your probably best off accepting the natural route of going bald gracefully. Accepting baldness is not a wrong choice. Its certainly the cheapest, easiest, and safest.
There is no shortage of things to try that could work, or some random forum guy says helped him. You could try a different product each day for your entire life and not run out. Many are very expensive snake oils with many natural ingredients.
Id agree though your hair in the front looks very thin. Looks like male pattern baldness.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I think the.posibility of sides is a lot.higher than which is reported. Is a hell of choice to have to make

How much higher if any is pure speculation. Really the best choice is try it, and anything weird just quit. Its worth a try, but id agree if I had anything weird happen I would probably quit and just accept male pattern baldness. Hair is important, but its not worth your health.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
So far I've not been allowed to have either lol :( Jokes aside, OP that definitely looks like balding. If you are looking to treat your hair loss I would start with finasteride, then maybe add in minoxidil a year later. Good luck!

xfaiduadsf

My Regimen
Reaction score
First thanks for the advice guys. Really appreciate it.

Second, f*** it. I'm not going down without a fight. I just ordered some indian finasteride from overseas. I also ordered ru58841 from a research chemical supply company from the states which should be here in a few days. I'm undecided on which I will use first. The latter apparently has potential heart related side effects (chest pain, etc.one guy even claimed it gave him heart failure, other guy said he had chest pain with arm and shoulder numbers for weeks which I'm pretty sure is a sign of a heart attack, and a lot of others saying shortness of breath.I read the anti-androgen it's related to also has vision side effects and can cause pulmonary fibrosis. but the half life is like an hour so i figure if i feel anything abnormal I can stop it and it'll be gone within a day but then again I could be risking permanent damage to my heart. With finasteride I could be risking permanent damage to my dick. I hate this.

Has anyone gotten facial bloating from finasteride? That's the one side effect that will make me drop any med faster than a heart beat. Rogain I already dropped and will likely never use again because I think it bloated my face, plus the heart palpitations.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
First thanks for the advice guys. Really appreciate it.

Second, f*** it. I'm not going down without a fight. I just ordered some indian finasteride from overseas. I also ordered ru58841 from a research chemical supply company from the states which should be here in a few days. I'm undecided on which I will use first. The latter apparently has potential heart related side effects (chest pain, etc.one guy even claimed it gave him heart failure, other guy said he had chest pain with arm and shoulder numbers for weeks which I'm pretty sure is a sign of a heart attack, and a lot of others saying shortness of breath.I read the anti-androgen it's related to also has vision side effects and can cause pulmonary fibrosis. but the half life is like an hour so i figure if i feel anything abnormal I can stop it and it'll be gone within a day but then again I could be risking permanent damage to my heart. With finasteride I could be risking permanent damage to my dick. I hate this.

Has anyone gotten facial bloating from finasteride? That's the one side effect that will make me drop any med faster than a heart beat. Rogain I already dropped and will likely never use again because I think it bloated my face, plus the heart palpitations.
Just take finasteride, I’m on it and have no side effects. If you have any, they’re prob mental. I thought I had ED when I first started but it totally went away when I stopped thinking about it. And you can always just stop taking the meds. I really think people who say they’ve had permanent side effects just have underlying anxiety issues that they blame on finasteride.

I have a round face so I don’t know if it’s gotten bloated using finasteride or not, and wasn’t even really aware of that side.

Regardless, I don’t know about you, but I’d rather have a slightly bloated face with hair than no hair and a jawline.

Only side I had was a slight ball ache for the first week or two (extremely common).

xfaiduadsf

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the input CrownBalding.

Do you guys think the hairline+crown thinning could be due to the massive amount of masteron I was taking? I was running A LOT. Like 1-1.5 grams per week of it. Masteron is straight up synthetic DHT. I only stopped using that as on June 19th so little over a month ago. I'm wondering if my hair will revert/thicken up after a while of not being on it. They say it takes 3-4 months to notice anything from finasteride/minoxodil so maybe it'll take that long before my hair density replenishes itself. I'm still hesitant on jumping on heavy duty anti-androgens. My hair loss isn't really that noticeable right now unless you're looking for it or my hair is sopping wet. I even style it to the side fully exposing my temples and no one has commented on it. I even asked a fully bald guy at work if he thought I was balding and he didn't think so. I'll probably jump on the RU as i've already ordered it and once that comes in the mail and is sitting on my desk, I think the temptation to use it will be far too great for me to resist the possibility of having better hair.