Am I Balding/thinning? Pictures Included. Pretty Sure I Am But Sort Of In Denial.

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input CrownBalding.

Do you guys think the hairline+crown thinning could be due to the massive amount of masteron I was taking? I was running A LOT. Like 1-1.5 grams per week of it. Masteron is straight up synthetic DHT. I only stopped using that as on June 19th so little over a month ago. I'm wondering if my hair will revert/thicken up after a while of not being on it. They say it takes 3-4 months to notice anything from finasteride/minoxodil so maybe it'll take that long before my hair density replenishes itself. I'm still hesitant on jumping on heavy duty anti-androgens. My hair loss isn't really that noticeable right now unless you're looking for it or my hair is sopping wet. I even style it to the side fully exposing my temples and no one has commented on it. I even asked a fully bald guy at work if he thought I was balding and he didn't think so. I'll probably jump on the RU as i've already ordered it and once that comes in the mail and is sitting on my desk, I think the temptation to use it will be far too great for me to resist the possibility of having better hair.

I'm guessing that's an androgen based steroid?

If your hair follicles are genetically predisposed to DHT sensitivity certain steroids will annihilate your hair, winstrol is another that comes to mind.

Unfortunately it's not reversible, you've just sped up the process 10 fold with cycling.

Sounds like you are well aware of your options but imo if you want to save your hair consider other less androgenic steroids or go natty and jump on finasteride

frank1980

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm guessing that's an androgen based steroid?

If your hair follicles are genetically predisposed to DHT sensitivity certain steroids will annihilate your hair, winstrol is another that comes to mind.

Unfortunately it's not reversible, you've just sped up the process 10 fold with cycling.

Sounds like you are well aware of your options but imo if you want to save your hair consider other less androgenic steroids or go natty and jump on finasteride

Was it a cycle you did for vanity purposes? Or was it doctor described for low testosterone? Anyways, you might want to consider starting with a small dose of finasteride. It seems that even .25mg finasteride has almost the same dht blocking power as 1mg. I think it was something like 50% dht blocking vs 70% from a study I saw, but don't quote me. The downside is that the side are also not significantly reduced. I think since this was recent loss, you have some chance of recovering some of that hair if you jump on it early. You will need minoxidil or some hair growth stimulant in addition to any dht blocker you try. Microneedle twice a week also.