Almost 3 Months Into Propecia And Dht Hasn't Changed At All,hormones Kinda Messed Up.need Advice!

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
@DoctorHouse Any advice for the thyroid would be highly appreciated,if you have some spare time and sorry for the tag.Thank you very much

*I know T3 is very important and for hair growth as well,but since my TSH is raising, I am probably hitting hypothyroidism.As I said I highly believe it’s from my restricting diet and daily calorie intake.(Low T3 due to starvation)

*Of course I would like to hear the opinions of other members as well

Thanks again.
I can see what you are saying but you still fall in the normal range. I don't see where you had your thyroid antibodies tested. That is very important to rule out Hashimoto's. Hashimoto's can cause you to fluctuate too.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can see what you are saying but you still fall in the normal range. I don't see where you had your thyroid antibodies tested. That is very important to rule out Hashimoto's. Hashimoto's can cause you to fluctuate too.
Yes I know that I should have added anti-TPO,anti-TG,but I couldn't afford the money in total.I think I should fix and increase my calorie consumption and check if T3 it will go back to normal levels.Although,I maybe be capable for another blood test and I will conclude anti-TPO and anti-TG and maybe TSI.Thanks for your response,appreciate it.

WindR

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello GRme11. How are you doing now?
I think finasteride doesn't work for. You should switch to duta or try antiandrogens.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello GRme11. How are you doing now?
I think finasteride doesn't work for. You should switch to duta or try antiandrogens.
Hello @WindR ! It's working( to a great extent), I mean, I saw an improvement (just so and based on pictures that I taken throughout the months) but I think that is not enough for my whole regime. I believe that I need to try something stronger (duta or AAs) like you mentioned, combined with finasteride. I did some other blood tests, again, recently to check the things up.

Abomination

My Regimen
Reaction score

I have elevated antibodies myself. Doctors wouldn't do anything other than raise my T4 meds ad infinitum so I stopped going to the doctor. Im still using the 75mcg of t4 pills every day. What the hell can I do to lower my antibodies? Here the labs I did last year:

PTH-i: 50.2 pgr/ml. Range: 18.5 - 88
Thyroglobulin: <1 ng/ml. Range: 1.9 - 59.9
Total T3: 1.02 ng/ml. Range: 0.65 - 1.6
Free T3: 6.1 pmol/L. Range 4 - 8.30
Reverse T3: 0.15 ng/ml. Range: 0.10 - 0.35
Total T4: 6.6 mcg/100ml. Range: 4.70 - 9.70
Free T4: 10.2 pg/ml. Range: 9 - 19.50
TSH: 4.17. mcUI/ml. Range: 0.25 - 5

Inmunology:

Antibodies anti-receptor of TSH (TSI): 0.82 mUI/ml. Range: 0.00 - 1.75
Antimicrosomal Antibody (TPO): 75.6 UI/ml. 0 - 12 UI/ml
Antibodies anti-thyroglobulin (TGL): 88.5 UI/ml. Range: 0 - 18

Ive heard all kinds of bro science on the internet like just dont eat gluten bro etc. Still haven't seen anyone clearly lowering antibodies to 0.

I think lossing my hair just makes my whole mood fucked up all day. If I had great hair all my stress would be relieved. My cortisol was high as well.

Im on topical finasteride+min for years and now dutasteride topically, doesn't work. DHT was reduced systematically by 70% from the topical finasteride, no sides except that I dont shoot c*m anymore which I hate. I wish I could fix that.

Vitamin D OH25 and 1,25 markers are on the low side but I dont want to take supplements. Only alternative would be to buy a lamp with UV lights since it's too cold to be on the balcony now.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1/9/20: (Treatment same as before: Topical Finasteride+Topical Minoxidil+Oral Finasteride)

Calcium: 10 mg/dl (N.Values-Reference: 8.4-10.1)
Phosporus: 4.5 mg/dL (N.V: 2.7-4.5)
Pottasium: 4.6 mEq/L (N.V:3.5-5.1)
Chloride: 104.6 mEq/L (N.V:98-108)
*Magnesium was normal as well
Aldosterone(Standing):28 ng/dL (N.V:4-31)
E2:8.5 pg/ml (N.V:<60)
Estriol(E3): 0.1 ng/ml (N.V: <0,16)
Total Testosterone: 523 ng/dl (N.V:249-836)
DHT: 383 pg/ml (N.V: 250-990)

-------------------------------------------------

9/1/21: (Same+Added a homemade Topical Estriol Solution: About 0.5mg/ml from November then change to 1mg/ml in December and stopped mid-end January-Application:4 times per week).

Vitamin D3 (25-OH): 6.7 ng/ml (N.Values:30-100--Deficiency-Severe Deficiency)

TSH:2.21 μIU/ml (N.V:0.27-4.70)
Free T3:3.35 pg/ml (N.V:2.00-4.40)
Free T4:1.29 ngr/dL (N.V:0.70-2.00)
E2:4.5 pg/ml (N.V: <60)
E3:1.1 ng/mL (N.V:0.0-2.0---I guess a Systemic Absorption)

Total Testosterone:495 ng/dL (N.V:249-836)
DHT: 0.55 ng/mL (N.V:0.30-0.90) which is: 550 pg/mL(Back to my Baseline Levels---[DHT:541(Normal:250-990)pg/mL->Baseline])
PSA: 0.23 ng/mL (Unfortunately, I don't have Baseline Levels, since I didn't test before adding Finasteride)

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair started feeling weak again out of sudden since early January, and I am now worried if I did more harm than good with the Estriol. The main problem is that I feel it weak again, as I said, and they are more thinner towards the root and they break more easily. I still cannot understand why so sudden, and I can't know because there are times that they will feel great and times that they will feel so bad. I am so confused. It doesn't make any sense, especially from Estrogens. Then, why this increment to my DHT levels as well? (Despite of being serum and even if it does not play the same role as scalp DHT, is still worrying) I read that DHT increases to compensate for the higher Estrogen levels. If so, then the systemic absorption of Estriol and the increment lead to an increment to scalp DHT as well? I cannot understand how Estrogens can work in a vice versa state and promote upside-down results since plenty of threads here sharing great success stories. As long as I used it, my shedding went down a bit but this, is not a clear assumption because I was completing my Finasteride 1 year, so I can't truly know. Generally, I didn't notice something odd until early January and after. I believe that something else is going on. Thank you very much for your time.

Last edited:

Jonah

My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair started feeling weak again out of sudden since early January, and I am now worried if I did more harm than good with the Estriol. The main problem is that I feel it weak again, as I said, and they are more thinner towards the root and they break more easily. I still cannot understand why so sudden, and I can't know because there are times that they will feel great and times that they will feel so bad. I am so confused. It doesn't make any sense, especially from Estrogens. Then, why this increment to my DHT levels as well? (Despite of being serum and even if it does not play the same role as scalp DHT, is still worrying) I read that DHT increases to compensate for the higher Estrogen levels. If so, then the systemic absorption of Estriol and the increment lead to an increment to scalp DHT as well? I cannot understand how Estrogens can work in a vice versa state and promote upside-down results since plenty of threads here sharing great success stories. As long as I used it, my shedding went down a bit but this, is not a clear assumption because I was completing my Finasteride 1 year, so I can't truly know. Generally, I didn't notice something odd until early January and after. I believe that something else is going on. Thank you very much for your time.
How are you doing now bud? Did your shedding stop?

Guru0007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, I don't even know what to say about this, seriously. This thing has destroyed me. It's unbearable.
How can estrogen promote RH bro... It was my last shot.. But idk whether to continue r not..