Almost 3 Months Into Propecia And Dht Hasn't Changed At All,hormones Kinda Messed Up.need Advice!

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, it is scary to see DHT still high even on finasteride. I suggest you take another test at another lab, and if the results give high DHT level, switch to duta and test at different labs. If the same story repeats itself, time to jump on stronger AA (spironolactone, bica, etc.)

Edit: I've just re-read your tests, your final DHT test was ~310 and your baseline was ~580, equating to a ~50% reduction in DHT levels on finasteride, which is possible given the fact that finasteride inhibition varies by ~15-20% depending on individual.
Your DHT levels are half what they were and you're only 3 months on finasteride. In this case I suggest to stick to it till the one year mark, then check for any obvious hair worsening. Other than that, I recommed to do as I said in the beginning of this post.

Last edited:

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, it is scary to see DHT still high even on finasteride. I suggest you take another test at another lab, and if the results give high DHT level, switch to duta and test at different labs. If the same story repeats itself, time to jump on stronger AA (spironolactone, bica, etc.)

Edit: I've just re-read your tests, your final DHT test was ~310 and your baseline was ~580, equating to a ~50% reduction in DHT levels on finasteride, which is possible given the fact that finasteride inhibition varies by ~15-20% depending on individual.
Your DHT levels are half what they were and you're only 3 months on finasteride. In this case I suggest to stick to it till the one year mark, then check for any obvious hair worsening. Other than that, I recommed to do as I said in the beginning of this post.
Thank you for your response.Yes,as I said DHT was kinda reduced from Topical Finasteride! As you can see my baseline was 541 and it went 302 without even introduce Oral Finasteride!.So it's has decreased about 44% and no furthermore with Oral Finasteride.Yes that's what I am thinking,I am planning to get a new blood test next month...Thanks again

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How was your total T cut in half? in such a short window?

I didn't know total T fluctuate that much

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How was your total T cut in half? in such a short window?

I didn't know total T fluctuate that much
Hello and thanks for response.Probably the drug I believe it’s the main factor here and how my body responded,but maybe also my diet is a small factor as well,because I eat totally different now than I did in the past.Although,neither I can’t totally understand( I am searching threads,studies etc.).Thank you

Last edited:

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello and thanks for response.Probably the drug I believe it’s the main factor here and how my body responded,but maybe also my diet is a small factor as well,because I eat totally different now than I did in the past.Although,neither I can’t totally understand( I am searching threads,studies etc.).Thank you

I doubt diet can cut your total T in half. and are you eating like really bad right now?

and if we are talking about finasteride, shouldn't it increase your total T?

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I doubt diet can cut your total T in half. and are you eating like really bad right now?

and if we are talking about finasteride, shouldn't it increase your total T?
No I am eating more healthier right now.That I was saying in the previous posts,that is strange T decreased instead of increasing,Although,even with this T levels my morning woods are now constantly back,something which was not happening back then( Morning Woods existent but not like this),when I was feeling my hair better.Thank you

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for your response.Yes,as I said DHT was kinda reduced from Topical Finasteride! As you can see my baseline was 541 and it went 302 without even introduce Oral Finasteride!.So it's has decreased about 44% and no furthermore with Oral Finasteride.Yes that's what I am thinking,I am planning to get a new blood test next month...Thanks again
Topical finasteride goes systematic.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I know that what's I am saying,with Topical Finasteride I have reduced DHT,but the Oral didn't do anything to decrease it further.Thank you again
Perhaps topical finasteride got systematic in quantites large enough to reduce DHT like oral finasteride. Either way, give it a full year then re-assess.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Perhaps topical finasteride got systematic in quantites large enough to reduce DHT like oral finasteride. Either way, give it a full year then re-assess.
Thanks for the response.I am still upset though, I am shedding like I said more thinner at the root hair but also towards the root are “less colored”,”less vibrant/darker”.This is a miniaturization,isn’t ? Thanks

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the response.I am still upset though, I am shedding like I said more thinner at the root hair but also towards the root are “less colored”,”less vibrant/darker”.This is a miniaturization,isn’t ? Thanks
Are the strands getting progressively thinner all the way down, not just near the roots? If yes, then it is miniaturization.

But you have to consider that male pattern baldness is a progressive disease and has been going on for years probably. You cant reasonably expect finasteride to stop miniaturization in a couple of months. Be patient, give it time and you'll get results.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also I read something about «dermal fatigue» caused mainly from progesterone creams applied topically
Are the strands getting progressively thinner all the way down, not just near the roots? If yes, then it is miniaturization.

But you have to consider that male pattern baldness is a progressive disease and has been going on for years probably. You cant reasonably expect finasteride to stop miniaturization in a couple of months. Be patient, give it time and you'll get results.

Of course I was shedding miniaturized hair before as well,since like you said male pattern baldness is a progressive disease,but now there are more of them and this increased shedding it's making my hair less denser/thicker and I can't feel the sensation of "firmly"-"stronger" hair.I hope this is an induce shedding,but I can't understand why so suddenly(maybe a finasteride cycle?),since I was shedding before but my hair quality was better than now.Thank you @baba_yaga for responses and your time.

Last edited:

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Many people start shedding on finasteride. Perhaps Telogen Effluvium. Anyways, you should and must ride out the sheds till 1-2 year mark.
Miniaturization takes time to be stopped or slowed down, so, as I said, give it more time and you'll see results.

Here to help :p

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update:
Greetings to all members

My hair situation hasn’t improved.I totally lost now all the thickening that I got one and half month later.Shedding is staying increased.The situation it’s psychologically devastating..
This week I am planning to do another hormone test and I will include:
1)FSH
2)LH
3)T3
4)T4
5)TSH
6)D4-ANDROSTENEDIONE
7)S-DHEA
8)PROLACTIN
9)DHT
10)E2
11)TESTOSTERONE
12)3A-DIOL-G(Major metabolite of DHT)
13)17-OH PROGESTERONE (It is possible to convert into DHT-"Backdoor Pathway")

As I said I am taking the pill at night.These days my morning woods increased EVEN more,along with my nightly woods! I mentioned that this was NOT happening before,when I was experiencing also the results.Even with low Testosterone and Free T(I mean that they got lowered as the blood tests showed) and I am getting more and more erections.I am thinking that my body is trying to get (or already got) a resistance to the drug and trying to compensate the blockage of DHT.I am worried if I am hitting the “reflex hyperandrogenicity”...I started looking into other treatments as well.
Please,any advice would be very helpful!
Thank you very much for your time.

*Probably I am very sensitive to all androgens..Well I should be,due to my aggressive baldness that started from the age of 16.

Last edited:

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait for the test and work on fixing any abnormal levels.

I also experienced more erections and higher sex drive on finasteride @ 1 month, but it subsided. It may be the same for you. Wait for the test then re-assess.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait for the test and work on fixing any abnormal levels.

I also experienced more erections and higher sex drive on finasteride @ 1 month, but it subsided. It may be the same for you. Wait for the test then re-assess.
Hello @baba_yaga and thanks for the response.Yes blood test will be crucial..I don't know if it's the same for me I am three and half months into the regime and it worked somehow in reverse:No such a high libido at the beginning->Now very high libido.As I said again blood test,indeed,will be crucial .Thanks for response once again.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
UPDATE:

Hello members,I got my blood test results,so I am posting the results:
T3:67 (Normal:74-195) -BEFORE(JULY 2019/NO FINASTERIDE)->108
T4:6 (Normal:4.6-12)- BEFORE(JULY 2019/NO FINASTERIDE)->7.08
TSH:3.23 (Normal:0.27-4.7)- BEFORE(JULY 2019/NO FINASTERIDE)->2.76
E2:9.5 (Normal:<60)
Testosterone:427.7 (Normal:249-836)

FSH: 5.6 (Normal:1.5-12.4)-BEFORE(JULY 2019/NO FINASTERIDE)->5.8
LH: 3.3 (Normal:1.7-8.6)- BEFORE(JULY 2019/NO FINASTERIDE)->4.9
Prolactin:5.8 (Normal:4-15.2)- BEFORE(JULY 2019/NO FINASTERIDE)->7
DHEA-S:177.4 (Normal:211-492)- BEFORE(JULY 2019/NO FINASTERIDE)->332
D4-Androstenedione:1.99 (Normal:0.6-3.10)- BEFORE(JULY 2019/NO FINASTERIDE)->2.26
17-OHP:1.03 (Normal:0.5-2.5)
3a-Diol-G:1.3 (Normal:3.4-22)
DHT:283 (Normal:250-990)

So,as you can see,DHT it's lowered this time and we can see that 3a-Diol-G(Major Metabolite of DHT) is low enough,that we can conclude at least that the drug is working to some extent?(As we know we have the fluctuations as well:https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15126539/).Now,DHEA-S is low,like all other androgens are getting a decline if you can see,something that may be possible on Finasteride as well->https://medcraveonline.com/IJFCM/symptoms-of-hypogonadism-caused-by-5alpha-reductase-inhibitors.html#:~:text=Hypogonadism causes libido loss, body,testosterone action in target organs.

Furthermore,my thyroid seems to be affected,but I bet is due to my restricting diet and calorie intake(possibly a starvation for my body,as a result of consuming lower calories)-Since,as I said I lost about 20 kg and my BMI is on a decline as well.

From the results,the backdoor pathway of DHT seems that it's not a problem,or we can "delete" this assumption(based on the levels of course).So,I think only time can tell what is going to happen next...I will continue Propecia and give time until the 6 months,and then reassess.I read a lot these days,I searched for similar posts and believe me there are so much behind all this,we can make diffrent assumptions and this will lead to a big big story.I would appreciate any advice from you as well.Thanks for your time and I hope that I am helping you with these results and this thread,as much as I can.Thank you again

Last edited:

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems finasteride inhibits ~50% DHT in your system, which is fine. DHEA-s levels are below the normal range, which is weird. Dont know the complications of this fact, but I know that DHEA is the precursor of DHT "backdoor" synthesis. So having low levels will definitely help in fighting Androgenetic Alopecia.

I think you should stick to finasteride and see if it'll be able to stop your hair loss. Good luck.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems finasteride inhibits ~50% DHT in your system, which is fine. DHEA-s levels are below the normal range, which is weird. Dont know the complications of this fact, but I know that DHEA is the precursor of DHT "backdoor" synthesis. So having low levels will definitely help in fighting Androgenetic Alopecia.

I think you should stick to finasteride and see if it'll be able to stop your hair loss. Good luck.
Thanks @baba_yaga for your response.Yes,I read that about DHEA-S.Well,I think I can't do anything else for the moment(I was thinking about RU but I don't know).I think time will be a critical judge.Thanks again

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@DoctorHouse Any advice for the thyroid would be highly appreciated,if you have some spare time and sorry for the tag.Thank you very much

*I know T3 is very important and for hair growth as well,but since my TSH is raising, I am probably hitting hypothyroidism.As I said I highly believe it’s from my restricting diet and daily calorie intake.(Low T3 due to starvation)

*Of course I would like to hear the opinions of other members as well

Thanks again.

Last edited: