Allergies In Relation To Male Pattern Balding

Do you suffer from some sort of allergies, rashes...

• Total voters

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I read somewhere once that allergic reactions can have a side effect of upregulating the sensitivity of your androgen receptors in the skin and scalp as an immune response. Probably just broscience though. I can't imagine that continued exposure to allergens can be good for hair growth either way.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really think that there is a relation with all the things where the CTHR2 receptor is involved, is you have one you have more chances to have a second one, a third one, etc. I had Acne, male pattern baldness and asthma . All where CHT2 is involved, same with allergies.
Fevipiprant will change this forever.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere once that allergic reactions can have a side effect of upregulating the sensitivity of your androgen receptors in the skin and scalp as an immune response. Probably just broscience though. I can't imagine that continued exposure to allergens can be good for hair growth either way.

Probably not broscience.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/22157983/

mdmnota

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Let's talk about type of hair loss. Maybe we have different type. I for examppe lose hair in very weird way, all over scalp. Also I lose eyebrows and eyelashes, and my scalp is itchy. It's not typical male pattern baldness. Maybe it has something to do with allergies?

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe in that case if you are balding you might want to get a skin test for allergies then avoid stuff you are sensitive or allergic to. I take Cetirizine for seasonal allergies so maybe it helps a little with quelling the inflammation and PDG2 production.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Maybe in that case if you are balding you might want to get a skin test for allergies then avoid stuff you are sensitive or allergic to. I take Cetirizine for seasonal allergies so maybe it helps a little with quelling the inflammation and PDG2 production.

i think you wont have any hair loss related problems with your allergies, it's might be an issue if the exposure to the allargen is sistematic.
thats my problem, im allergic to dutasteride (incredible,lol ), so my inflammation is chronic because im taking the pill every day.

is there anything to remove the pgd2 from the skin ? the asthma medication seems work for prevention

bassa

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm actually allergic for minoxidil... I handle pg and ethanol really well... It's really the minoxidil... How cruel....

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Connecting allergies and hairloss is totally plausible. Mast cells are released in massive amounts during allergic reactions and mast cells are the #1 source of PGD2 in the body; PGD2 has been known to be more prevalent in the scalps of individuals with hairloss.

yes but pgd2 have a really short life ( 0.9min), i don't know if they can travel in the blood from the site of inflammation to the scalp in this short time. people with asthma have 10 times more pgd2 , they would notice a speed up of their hair loss

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Connecting allergies and hairloss is totally plausible. Mast cells are released in massive amounts during allergic reactions and mast cells are the #1 source of PGD2 in the body; PGD2 has been known to be more prevalent in the scalps of individuals with hairloss.

I wonder if this could redeem the people who say that hair loss is due to bad diet. A lot of people are not "allergic" to foods as in they puff up or go into anaphylaxis if they eat it but they may still be sensitive to the food, but their body may react in milder ways like hay fever or indigestion which are often delayed and they may not even realize is connected to the food they are eating. A lot of times on allergy tests people test positive for IGE antibodies to foods they can eat seemingly without problems. I wonder if the exacerbation of hair loss could be a delayed reaction to foods people eat without realizing they have an intolerance or sensitivity towards.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK27112/

"There are two main anatomical distributions of mast cells: those associated with vascularized connective tissues, called connective tissue mast cells, and those found in submucosal layers of the gut and respiratory tract, called mucosal mast cells. In an allergic individual, all of these are loaded with IgE directed against specific allergens. The overall response to an allergen then depends on which mast cells are activated. Allergen in the bloodstream activates connective tissue mast cells throughout the body, resulting in the systemic release of histamine and other mediators. Subcutaneous administration of allergen activates only local connective tissue mast cells, leading to a local inflammatory reaction. Inhaled allergen, penetrating across epithelia, activates mainly mucosal mast cells, causing smooth muscle contraction in the lower airways; this leads to bronchoconstriction and difficulty in expelling inhaled air. Mucosal mast-cell activation also increases the local secretion of mucus by epithelial cells and causes irritation. Similarly, ingested allergen penetrates across gut epithelia, causing vomiting due to intestinal smooth muscle contraction and diarrhea due to outflow of fluid across the gut epithelium. Food allergens can also be disseminated in the bloodstream, causing urticaria (hives) when the food allergen reaches the skin."

people with asthma or allergic rhinitis don't need to worry about hair loss because they are activating mast cells just in the respiratory tract.

the problem is when you have urticaria, rash ezcema or swelling, because it means the allergen( food or drug) has been absorbed into the bloodstream which activate mast cells in the connectives tissues ( face, hands...and scalp)..

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He is probably dead now.

ahah seen now, the comment was pretty old

btw we're trying cetirizine in europe but still uncertain about dosage
there is not a proportion between dosage increase and results,
so i was curious about him

Last edited:

Balding curse

Established Member