Allergies In Relation To Male Pattern Balding

Do you suffer from some sort of allergies, rashes...

• Total voters

bassa

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Little poll to see if allergies is a common thing among male pattern baldness

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
We are in 2017.. i think we would have some studies if there is a relationship between allergies and male pattern baldness.

mr_nino

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've already thought about that. I have never had problems with allergies up to my 16-17 years in my life. From one day to the next I got a pollen allergy against grasses. At about this age the hair loss also began. I could believe that starting to smoke has triggered me in both ways.

bassa

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will bet that the people who have some sort of allergies are good responders to the pgd2 theory...
Important to eat anti inflammatory... So keto diet... No carbs, sugar etc

Maybe our 'male pattern baldness' is actually not alopecia androgenic, so not genatically present... Funny, I did this DNA testing @ 23andme... They also give you an estimate whether you are prone to male pattern baldness.... Guess what... Result: not very likely :)

omrisil

Reaction score
I was recently diagnosed as having allergic contact dermatitis from fragrances, after years of having skin problems which started around the same time as my hair loss

sadila

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Let me get this straight you're making a poll about if there is any correlation between allergies/male pattern baldness in a hairloss forum ? your sample is 100% biased thus making your poll results irrelevant. You should do the same but choose a mixed sample

bassa

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course this is biased... Because people not suffering from it (allergies) are likely not to take part of the poll... Can't force people :) But interesting is that you see similar reactions... I really start to believe that some of us not suffering from aa. I think there should be a classification of male pattern baldness... Could also be the reason why certain regimes work for some and not for others.... For example any reduction of 5ar immediately gives me sides... So I believe for me it is not a hormonale thing... But an inflammation thing

dupaman

Reaction score
Interesting...Hair loss started for me in 8th grade and it was diffuse. The first person ever in mentioned to me was my 9th-grade teacher. So as you can see my story sucks..used finasteride and minoxidil in high school thru college until I dropped finasteride at 26. My friends in high schoo, always made jokes about my almost bald head. I never had receding hairline until I was 28 when I lost 50% of what I had left in 9 months ending with a huge forehead. But I can't complain, I managed to have a good life and dated the hottest girl in high school and many other hot chicks anyway ;). Coming back to the topic....I remember having some eczemas in my face during the same time I started to lose hair. I always have a hard time believing that I had male pattern baldness when I was 14 years old but that was what my dermatologist said after he did a scalp biopsy at the time.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting...Hair loss started for me in 8th grade and it was diffuse. The first person ever in mentioned to me was my 9th-grade teacher. So as you can see my story sucks..used finasteride and minoxidil in high school thru college until I dropped finasteride at 26. My friends in high schoo, always made jokes about my almost bald head. I never had receding hairline until I was 28 when I lost 50% of what I had left in 9 months ending with a huge forehead. But I can't complain, I managed to have a good life and dated the hottest girl in high school and many other hot chicks anyway ;). Coming back to the topic....I remember having some eczemas in my face during the same time I started to lose hair. I always have a hard time believing that I had male pattern baldness when I was 14 years old but that was what my dermatologist said after he did a scalp biopsy at the time.

and now your story will end by marrying a 3/10 fat woman and becoming a beta provider

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
What kind of allergies? I had horrible seasonal and animal allergies growing up, like horrible. If I stayed at someone's house who had cats I would start throwing up I would get so sick. During certain seasons my eyes would swell up and get purple sometimes, and would itch all the time. Was going to have to get on allergy shots, but randomly started fading away when I hit puberty, and are almost completely gone now. May get itchy eyes or something if at someone's house with a bunch of cats, but pretty mild. Have hair loss now though, so no don't think they are related at all for me atleast.

Last edited:

the smoking baby

Established Member
Reaction score
What kind of allergies? I had horrible seasonal and animal allergies growing up, like horrible. If I stayed at someone's house who had cats I would start throwing up I would get so sick. During certain seasons my eyes would swell up and get purple sometimes, and would itch all the time. Was going to have to get on allergy shots, but randomly started fading away when I hit puberty, and are almost completely gone now. May get itchy eyes or something if at someone's house with a bunch of cats, but pretty mild. Have hair loss now though, so no don't think they are related at all for me atleast.
same for me. lots of allergies until about 16 then not so much. hairloss started at 19.

ZZmop

Established Member
Reaction score
Never had hay fever until roughly my mid 20s and only noticed balding at 27... never made the correlation before, who knows lol

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I just realized I've been taking Cetirizine orally for allergies for several years. Wonder if my regrowth is related?

christ0pher m0ltisanti

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just realized I've been taking Cetirizine orally for allergies for several years. Wonder if my regrowth is related?
I took zirtec, xyzal etc. etc for years, orally .... but I did not find any benefit on the hair. With all the amount of antihistamines taken, now I should be a monkey

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score

What kind of allergies do you have ?

Cetirizine decrease 50% pgd2 it can help to prevent hair loss if you have allergies but i doubt it can regrowth anything

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
However we dont know if allergies can speed up the male pattern baldness, there arent any studies that shows any correclatiom between these two things

And its very rare we havents any news about the role of pgd2 in hairloss, the study was done in 2012...
Probably pgd2 is just a product of the inflammation caused from the bastard dht