All we need to know about Bimatoprost for regrowth

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah, its highly soluble in ethanol, I know that much.

Maybe we could all use slightly different vehicles and report back. I am looking for ease and convenience so I will most likely add to my minoxidil. I only use minoxidil on the hairline area. And I really just want to use bimatoprost on that area too.

What I am going to do is put some minoxidil into a small eye dropper bottle and add 0.1% strength worth of bimatoprost to it. I will use that minoxidil/bimatoprost combo topical on just ONE side of my hairline and use the other side of my hairline as a control using just minoxidil on it(BTW Ive been using minoxidil for years now, so I know I am not getting anything more than what Ive got from it already, so it wont confuse any results Id be getting from the bimatotprost).

I will use 1ml per day just on that one side of my hairline. Ill see if I notice any REAL difference after 16 weeks or so. Should be easy to note a difference like this as I dont have a digital camera with good resolution.

powersam

Reaction score
Risugo said:
powersam said:
I'm very curious to see if people get eye colour changes from using it on the top of their head.

As to the vehicle required, this is what latisse contains:

Contains: Active: bimatoprost 0.3 mg/mL; Preservative: benzalkonium chloride 0.05 mg/mL; Inactives:
sodium chloride; sodium phosphate, dibasic; citric acid; and purified water. Sodium hydroxide and/or
hydrochloric acid may be added to adjust pH. The pH during its shelf life ranges from 6.8 - 7.8.

Nothing there that could really be considered a vehicle as such, so maybe it doesn't need one.
The vehicle is purified water.

The point being that water is a very very poor penetrating agent, yet latisse still works. So no need to stress about the vehicle.

Ende

Reaction score
blaze said:
Yeah, its highly soluble in ethanol, I know that much.

Maybe we could all use slightly different vehicles and report back. I am looking for ease and convenience so I will most likely add to my minoxidil. I only use minoxidil on the hairline area. And I really just want to use bimatoprost on that area too.

What I am going to do is put some minoxidil into a small eye dropper bottle and add 0.1% strength worth of bimatoprost to it. I will use that minoxidil/bimatoprost combo topical on just ONE side of my hairline and use the other side of my hairline as a control using just minoxidil on it(BTW Ive been using minoxidil for years now, so I know I am not getting anything more than what Ive got from it already, so it wont confuse any results Id be getting from the bimatotprost).

I will use 1ml per day just on that one side of my hairline. Ill see if I notice any REAL difference after 16 weeks or so. Should be easy to note a difference like this as I dont have a digital camera with good resolution.
Very good approach.

Ende

Reaction score
powersam said:
The point being that water is a very very poor penetrating agent, yet latisse still works. So no need to stress about the vehicle.
I'm sure mixing bimatoprost with Rogaine will work. Forget about Latisse. It was made for use on the eyelids, very close to the eye. We're penetrating the scalp, and need a vehicle which contains alcohol and a nonvolatile liquid like PG. I think it's a good idea to use water as well; I think it'll help spread the solution on the scalp, and maybe it helps with absorption, but most importantly - water is miscible with both ethanol and PG, and it binds the solution together. I therefore propose 70% ethanol, 10% PG and 20% water as a custom vehicle.

big3nme

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been dissolving my RU in 1ml of ethanol and adding that to 2ml of 5% minoxidil for a few weeks now. Not sure if it's a great idea to screw with the minoxidil vehicle but It seems like at least for adding Bim / RU to minoxidil it might be a good idea to inflate its eth content this way. I also don't really want to have to do 2 separate topical applications, don't have time to let them dry. So i'll probably use this method once the Bim gets here.

Only issue I see is I won't be able to measure out daily doses of Bim like I do for RU.

Ende

Reaction score
If you're making a new solution every day, maybe you should dissolve enough bimatoprost for one month at a time, in pure ethanol, store this solution in the fridge, and add as much as needed to your regular daily mix. It must be stored in a closed container to preserve the alcohol. Use a 10 ml vial with a sealed rubber top or something like that, and draw the solution out with a syringe.

montrose

Reaction score
Will there be a tracking number for the order?

Do you guys think the powder will have any effect on bald spots? The corners of my hairline have been bald for over 2 years. I wondering if I should only apply to my thinning area or to the bald spot also.

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
No one found it strange that they used this vehicle in the monkey studies when i questioned this. :dunno: Why would they choose to stick with a sub-par vehicle other than to diminish the apparent effectiveness of latisse?

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
montrose said:
Will there be a tracking number for the order?

Do you guys think the powder will have any effect on bald spots? The corners of my hairline have been bald for over 2 years. I wondering if I should only apply to my thinning area or to the bald spot also.

I would try both. The strength of the solution would also come into play. But this is all new so one would need to experiment.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Rabid said:
No one found it strange that they used this vehicle in the monkey studies when i questioned this. :dunno: Why would they choose to stick with a sub-par vehicle other than to diminish the apparent effectiveness of latisse?

The latisse vehicle does work but I think other vehicles would work better. The scalp is quite thick.

big3nme

Established Member
Reaction score
Any speculation regarding what this will do for existing hairs? Or is this purely to grow brand new ones? Can we expect this to help thickening of existing hairs as well as grow new ones?

John979

Established Member
Reaction score
I am tapering down my minoxidil from 15% to 5% to 2%. Part practicality over the loss of a trusted source, part a real concern over side effects, part my belief that both azoles and bimatoprost are better hair growth stimulators.

I will use the 2% minoxidil most as a vehicle. Regardless, I have no cocern that adding bimatoprost to any minoxidil solution will affect the effectiveness of either, especially the bimatoprost, since the concentrations are small and I have not yet seen any adverse reaction indications.

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
powersam said:
In the macaque study they used polysorbate 80

Polysorbate 80 is a strange vehicle to choose because many would consider it a hair loss treatment in its own right. :dunno: Maybe there's something more to this. Anyone planning on using Polysorbate 80?

Enden, will OC confirm proper solvents or vehicles?

Ende

Reaction score
Regarding individual orders in the future; the owner isn't happy with the income from the group order of Bimatoprost, so the price has been adjusted to;

220.00USD/100mg; 400.00USD/200mg; 900.00USD/500mg

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
keith said:
I received my delivery from OC today. I still need to get solution materials.

Keith, keep us updated on your first application. This is a historic moment. :innocent:

As far as where to apply it, bald areas are certainly fair game. That is where I'm going to test mine first. It should thicken up existing areas as well. :innocent:

big3nme

Established Member
Reaction score
I would actually like to get it tested as well, I'd be willing to throw some money towards it.

Keith: Does it look // smell any different then RU (assuming you have RU from OC which I now realize you probably dont) ?

montrose

Reaction score
Enden said:
Regarding individual orders in the future; the owner isn't happy with the income from the group order of Bimatoprost, so the price has been adjusted to;

220.00USD/100mg; 400.00USD/200mg; 900.00USD/500mg

So $1450 for a gram is no longer available to an individual buyer?

Status
Not open for further replies.