All we need to know about Bimatoprost for regrowth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
Why so few responses here?? :dunno:

Well seeing OC's (rather predictable) response, we still can get this stuff at the original price of 145 a person if we go through Zayin. I've never met Zayin or these companies, so in my mind, there's just as much chance any one of these companies is going to scam us, as there is Zayin will.

What's he gunna do, resell this stuff on the black market, lol??? Not place the order???? (We can verify this). If he were out to scam people, wouldn't he spend his days working on more lucrative schemes (hundreds, or at least tens of thousands of $$$), rather than wasting time on a hairloss site to scam a few people out of a measly $145? The answer is obvious.

I'm fine with going through OC directly if people are still more comfortable given the price increase, but we need to pick an option by Enden's deadline. The other option is if someone is able to secure a better deal with one of the other companies by the voting deadline. Most definitely could... but are enough people going to feel comfortable to make the purchase...

Bottom line is, people either want this stuff or they don't The only sure thing in this game is that there is no such thing as a sure thing and no such thing as a risk-free purchase! There's nothing else more we could do to further minimize the risk... :innocent:

BenVegas

Reaction score
I'm happy to go with either Zayin or Direct from OC.

As ordering direct is the deal on the table at the moment - yep put me down for 200mg and shipping to the land of Australia.

Ende

Reaction score
The price is $365 (220 + 145) for 200 mg's if I'm not mistaken. Just in case more people are interested too. It'll last almost 7 months with 1 mg a day.

It's a good idea to reveal your shipping costs too. Rabid, teenhandmodel and blaze?

big3nme

Established Member
Reaction score
Put me down for 200mg with $35 shipping (USA). Total should be 220+145+35 = 400.

It seems like a lot of people might opt for the 200mg because of the "discount" on the second 100mg. If enough people do this maybe they will drop the price a little?

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
Actually, 200 mg will last 2 YEARS.

Check the monkey studies and check your calculations.

.5 ml solution ONCE DAILY.

Put me down for 200! :roll: ($35 shipping)

big3nme

Established Member
Reaction score
Rabid said:

Well if you use the .5mg per day that's only 400 days (not 2 years). you would need 365mg to last 2 years at .5mg a day.

Also for those who plan on using this all over the scalp (me) and not just in one region I plan on using 2ml with 1mg per day. So the 200mg should last me 200 days or almost 7 months.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Enden said:
It seems like more people won't give us any discount. I now have the shipping costs.
Shipping cost is free for Canadian customers; 35.00USD for USA, 50.00 for EU and 75.00USD for other areas. In fact, besides labor cost to re-size the product, we have to pay bank fee 3% of credit card or 15.00USD of wire transfer for each order.
That's the way it is guys. We have to take it or leave it. What's it going to be? I assume 100 mg for everyone. Tell me if you still want to order more, BenVegas. Two people are down for the order. We need at least 8 more, so please confirm that you're still a part of this deal. OC is standing by, so make it quick! The price is $220/100mg or $365/200mg + shipping costs. Please reveal your shipping costs, so I'm able to compile the list properly.

Rabid
finfighter
Enden - 100 mg - $270 (220 + 50)
zayin
big3nme
montrose
teenhandmodel
JohnnyV13
blaze
BenVegas - 200 mg - $440 (220 + 145 + 75)
Mens Rea
keepmyhair - 200 mg - $415 (220 + 145 + 50)
keith
Ted Stryker
gracco
angusmojo

I'll give you 3 days to respond. On friday, I'll place the order or reject the offer. If you think this is expensive, let me remind you that a 3 ml bottle of Latisse (it contains 900 mcg - 0.9 mg bimatoprost) costs $120!!!

A 3ml bottle of latisse contains 0.3mg - 300mcg bimatoprost, which is a 0.03% solution. I suggest starting with double or maybe triple that strength. I will probably start with 0.06%/600mcg. Maybe 0.09%/900mcg.

Yeah count me in for the standard 100mg. So thats 220 + 75 = $295USD

Biggest shipping fee for me :shakehead: :sobbing:

big3nme

Established Member
Reaction score
This is sort of off topic, but is Latisse eyedrops? As in you put the solution directly into your eye instead of trying to apply it to the edge of your eyelids?

BenVegas

Reaction score
They did say in one of the study's that effectiveness was dose dependent, and i'm sure some of the current testing at the moment is around finding that optimal amount.

Im going to be testing it at 1mg per day to see if that makes any difference, hoping the untested 1mg per day may prove even more effective.

Ende

Reaction score
blaze - 100 mg - $295 (220 + 75)
Enden - 100 mg - $270 (220 + 50)
angusmojo - 100 mg - $270 (220 + 50)
teenhandmodel - 100 mg - $220 (free shipping)
keith - 200 mg - $400 (220 +145 +35)
Rabid - 200 mg - $400 (220 + 145 + 35)
big3nme - 200 mg - $400 (220 + 145 + 35)
montrose - 200 mg - $400 (220 + 145 + 35)
BenVegas - 200 mg - $440 (220 + 145 + 75)
keepmyhair - 200 mg - $400 (220 + 145 + 35)
Ted Stryker - 200 mg - $400 (220 + 145 + 35)
finfighter
zayin
JohnnyV13
Mens Rea
gracco

Yes, shipping within Canada is free. The effect of bimatoprost is dose dependent, as shown with latanoprost in the animal study. 500 mcg showed significant regrowth, so we should use 500 mcg to 1 mg a day. I'll be using 500mcg/ml, and 2 ml a day, to cover my entire scalp.

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
big3nme said:
Rabid said:

Well if you use the .5mg per day that's only 400 days (not 2 years). you would need 365mg to last 2 years at .5mg a day.
.5 mg per day is twice what they used in the study! The study applied .5 ml solution once per day, which means they used only .25 mg a day! That comes out to 200 mg every 2 years!

I'm going to start at this dose and then work up. This dose alone would still be expected to surpass minoxidil's results. Glad to hear some of us will be using more than this, as that is the only way we're going to find the maximally effective dosage.

Ende

Reaction score
No more confusion please. They used 500mcg/ml a day at the end of that animal study. That was latanoprost in a 0.05% solution.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree with enden. Please no more discussion and confusion over dosages. It has been discussed ad nauseum.

The only studies we have were done on the macaques. They have small little heads so less solution was needed to cover their heads. Humans have bigger scalp range to cover. Like Enden said 2ml should do job. People with longer hair may have to use 3ml.

I wouldnt go over 1mg per day though to start with.

To see how long it will take to have an impact on hair check out the Latisse timeline in reference to eyelash growth. 16 weeks it takes for eyelash hair maybe it might take a little longer for scalp hair effected by Androgenetic Alopecia. But people around here seem to be extremely impatient and expect results in days.

Status
Not open for further replies.