All 5mg Oral Minoxidil Users, Please Read

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long have you been taking it? i have been on oral min since about september/october 2018, most of that time on 10mg but went as high as 20mg out of desperation, im on 5mg now. Wish my results were better but can't have everything i suppose, saves the hassle of topical.
1 month. How come u didnt get any results ?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
1 month. How come u didnt get any results ?

No idea, im still recovering from a shed i had at the beginning of the year from letrozole but before that the results weren't amazing or anything, much better state than my hair is currently in but 10mg oral min wasn't a miracle worker or anything.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am on 5mg daily (1x5mg) since December 2019. It does not work at all for me, seriously. I lost muchh hair since December, it's scary. I am an heavy diffuser. So please don't think it's a miracle treatment on its own for male pattern baldness, it's clearly not without finasteride or dutasteride. It's either cut your balls (finasteride's job) or lose your hair. Cruel world.

Eyebrows and eyelashes are thicker and longer, beard is fuller. I can see obvious collagen destruction on feet and hands (very deep wrinkles) and slight face collagen destruction in the eye area

I will soon add microneedling, but i don't think it will change anything

Oral minoxidil is so useless for me that iam thinking about adding topical minoxidil... Who knows..

Hop in on Dutasteride, it was my best shoot for hairloss.

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im 5mg for 6 months now and can say ive seen small regrowth and improvement. No sides to list. Im sure they are real but i dont understand all the skin and facial sides you guys talk about as ive never experienced it. What should i be looking out for?

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im 5mg for 6 months now and can say ive seen small regrowth and improvement. No sides to list. Im sure they are real but i dont understand all the skin and facial sides you guys talk about as ive never experienced it. What should i be looking out for?
They arent that apparent for me either unless i use giant dose then u notice ur eyelids become swollen, are you diffuse or receeder ?

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2 years in at 1x5mg a day. I am a diffuser and wouldn't call it a success. I have barely noticed anything but my body hair and beard that got thicker. No other side
Yeah thats sh*t bro. Idk why oral minoxidil can be so hit and miss.

Whats the options if finasteride and minoxidil dont work?

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hop in on Dutasteride, it was my best shoot for hairloss.

What's the point of having hair if you don't have high sex drive (which is the most important thing as a male, as energy/motivation/confidence/dominance/drive for life come from libido) and if you can't even achieve proper erection

Last edited:

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah thats sh*t bro. Idk why oral minoxidil can be so hit and miss.

Whats the options if finasteride and minoxidil dont work?

1- Shaving and moving on

2- Hair system

3- Trying stronger meds who come with insane sides (dutasteride, bica, tranny meds ect)

4- Cutting off your balls

Imho the first solution seems the healthiest (mentally and physically). I think i will go for that route very soon. So tired of all this sh*t, it brings too much anxiety

Last edited:

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
1- Shaving and moving on

2- Hair system

3- Trying stronger meds who come with insane sides (dutasteride, bica, tranny meds ect)

4- Cutting off your balls

Imho the first solution seems the healthiest (mentally and physically). I think i will go for that route very soon. So tired of all this sh*t, it brings too much anxiety
Oral minoxidil and maximize ur transplant potential

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hows everyone going with their oral minoxidil regimens?

Im still recovering from letrozole shed but i had decent results on it before i took that, nothing breathtaking but noticeable. Im maybe thinking of upping the dosage from 5mg to 10mg again but im cautious of doing so.

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im still recovering from letrozole shed but i had decent results on it before i took that, nothing breathtaking but noticeable. Im maybe thinking of upping the dosage from 5mg to 10mg again but im cautious of doing so.

Do you think the jump from 5mg to 10mg makes a significant difference in results?

I too am on 5mg daily and agree that the results are nothing amazing.