After The Recent Events Anybody Else Depressed ?

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well what exactly are our options here? I've been on minoxidil for 5 years and I use nizoral and another hairloss shampoo. Tried finasteride twice - the first time not even remotely expecting any side effects, and then again 1 year later on a micro-dose regiment and both times I ended up with erectile dysfunction. I bought RU from Kane and followed Hellouser's thread on that - used for 6-7 months with no noticeable effects on my hair but wait! I did get f*****g gynocomastia in my right nipple. What else is there? Derma rolling? "Seti"? I mean how much time and energy can a person be expected to put into trying to save their hair when the options for doing so out there are a goddamn JOKE? If I prioritized my hair more than having a functioning c*** I would pop finasteride like skittles and get a hair transplant but other than that there's not much we can reasonably be expected to do. I think I'm done with the home science experiments for good, not only do we have no idea if these treatments do anything, we don't even know if the sh*t we're getting from manufacturers is safe/ legit.

I posted some examples of strong agents in each class here, although this is primarily theoretical as most are not approved for human hair loss:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...-finasteride-please-read.113424/#post-1652586

Daro topically has been working for me personally without sexual side effects (doesn't very much cross the barrier into the brain), though i think fertility risks and other theoretical long term risks could still exist for me.

But if i had to choose between my sexual function and my hair i have already weighed that balance and i choose my hair.

Sex is something i have never had easy access to with anyone i want to have it with, and even if i did that is 10 minutes a few times a week. Having my hair is every minute i am awake. So that would be my personal opinion/choice. Most people would probably go the other way.

Last edited:

Javell

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going back to my hometwon after finishing university.
I suffered almost a decade of despair because of this f*****g disease, now I have some wrinkles on my forehead, maybe also because minoxidil.
When I return, in the mornings I'll be working remotely (I have a job almost confirmed), stay in bed and play video games for 2 years. No better stuff, I'll be doing the same for 2 years. At least my parents know how to cook food that does not taste like glue. And I will not be leaving the basement often. I'm half-serious and half-joking.

CureOrDeath

My Regimen
Reaction score
its not going to take 10 years. It probably wont take even 5 min.

His method of total reverse of hairloss deals with a very specific protein that seems to regulates hair growth, and because it has a very specific fuction, it wont mess up anything else, meaning it has no sides.

His discovery happened 2013 to be more accurate, he and his team have been making great progress and there are a lot less regulations in Korea to put his treatment on the market.

Im convinced it definetly wont take that much time and it has huge potential to be the most efficient treatment ever.

Btw, he will be presenting his discovery to the world in person for the first time ever in Agust at the most important derma event in Asian/pacific world.
Who cares about market time?If at least safety and efficacy are proven on humans, chinese labs are gonna produce it like there's no tomorrow.
Right now we could already buy it at a lower price than seti.
I'm only concerned that messing with wnt/b-catein could lead to cancer so I think we'll gonna wait years till safety is proven.

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
its not going to take 10 years. It probably wont take even 5 min.

His method of total reverse of hairloss deals with a very specific protein that seems to regulates hair growth, and because it has a very specific fuction, it wont mess up anything else, meaning it has no sides.

His discovery happened 2013 to be more accurate, he and his team have been making great progress and there are a lot less regulations in Korea to put his treatment on the market.

Im convinced it definetly wont take that much time and it has huge potential to be the most efficient treatment ever.

Btw, he will be presenting his discovery to the world in person for the first time ever in Agust at the most important derma event in Asian/pacific world.

Weren't you the guy who stated that the No-Fap regimen is a good and successful one ?
You are relatively new here so listen to this piece of golden advice : "Don't get your expectations too high"

Even if this is the mighty cure, still 5-10+ years away from market, if it even works on humans btw, still waiting for a real clinical study to begin.

Last piece of news, December 2017
"Nevertheless, the team's research is progressing apace. They're currently testing their new substance on animals to determine whether it's toxic, before proceeding to human trials."

You still got a lot to learn, welcome and enjoy your long stay.

Don't give shitty piece of intel please

This sentence : "His method of total reverse of hairloss deals with a very specific protein that seems to regulates hair growth, and because it has a very specific fuction, it wont mess up anything else, meaning it has no sides." made you look like a complete f***'** retard, and spreading false hopes without backups is, well tolerated, but a dick move nonetheless.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Weren't you the guy who stated that the No-Fap regimen is a good and successful one ?
You are relatively new here so listen to this piece of golden advice : "Don't get your expectations too high"

Even if this is the mighty cure, still 5-10+ years away from market, if it even works on humans btw, still waiting for a real clinical study to begin.

Last piece of news, December 2017
"Nevertheless, the team's research is progressing apace. They're currently testing their new substance on animals to determine whether it's toxic, before proceeding to human trials."

You still got a lot to learn, welcome and enjoy your long stay.

Don't give shitty piece of intel please

This sentence : "His method of total reverse of hairloss deals with a very specific protein that seems to regulates hair growth, and because it has a very specific fuction, it wont mess up anything else, meaning it has no sides." made you look like a complete f***'** retard, and spreading false hopes without backups is, well tolerated, but a dick move nonetheless.

Yup. I posted about cxxc5 manipulation here. Here again is the most important bit:

These compounds work on a biochemical pathway which has never been manipulated in humans before. There is therefore no way of knowing what risks or benefits manipulating it might pose.

General information about CXXC5 is here:

"Ubiquitous expression in brain (RPKM 19.6), kidney (RPKM 19.4) and 24 other tissues"

cxxc5-png.png

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/gene/51523#gene-expression
So we know CXXC5 impairs wound healing and may impair hair neogenesis. But what does it do in the other 25 tissues of the body?

Manipulating a compound where so little is known about it with chemicals that have never even been tested in humans is getting to a stage of recklessness that probably should not be necessary, as there are so many more conventional or even experimental compounds (eg. R-equol) that are much more likely to be safe and useful.

JimmyB

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I legit think Follica will be at least decent. That's what I'm holding on for - any topicals, especially those that come along suddenly and claim to have a quick release, are gonna be sh*t.

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But if i had to choose between my sexual function and my hair i have already weighed that balance and i choose my hair.

Sex is something i have never had easy access to with anyone i want to have it with, and even if i did that is 10 minutes a few times a week. Having my hair is every minute i am awake. So that is my opinion.

Well friend, to each their own. But I would argue that your priorities are askew and that the emotional anguish you encounter from losing your hair is truly clouding your rational faculties.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
@IdealForehead , maybe you know, my hair falls out heavily when I take zinc. Than it is connected?

I dont know exactly but many people overdose on zinc. Max daily dose is 40 mg. I get 10 mg from my multivitamin and that's it. Be careful of taking too much.

Zinc boosts testosterone i think and you need some but megadosing is toxic to the brain.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well friend, to each their own. But I would argue that your priorities are askew and that the emotional anguish you encounter from losing your hair is truly clouding your rational faculties.

Maybe. But i'm confident of it for me. My sexual function for the past few years has literally consisted only of jerking off for 10 minutes a day before bed. Meanwhile my hair plays a huge role in my day to day life every minute of the day. The satisfaction and calmness i get from seeing a full head of hair in the mirror is far greater than any pleasure those few minutes of masturbation provides. Jerking off feels a lot like any other necessary function at this stages - just a routine. I could live without it far easier than living without my hair.

I'm not someone who gets hundreds of matches on Tinder or who has had loads of hot girlfriends his whole life. Ive spent many years of my life living without women/sex at this stage. It is more important to me that i can get up and go to work each day and function comfortably in my own skin.

Would the idea of giving up a part of my natural function to save my hair feel sad? Absolutely. I do know what it feels like to be chemically neutered because I've done it on earlier treatments i tried. Fortunately i haven't had to choose at this point. But if i am ever forced, i know what i will choose.

I am already essentially sexless. I dont need to be hairless too.

Last edited:

Japnicks India

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
honestly i was on brotzu’s hype train as i suffer from andogentic alopecia and alopecia areata. after not so good presentation, i have stopped visiting this site that often. I don’t know whats going on, and i am not running after upcoming treatments but surely my hair are running away from me.