After Dutasteride And Ru58841 Failed Me, I’ve Decided To See A Trichcologist

Twrandom3

My Regimen
Reaction score
Long story short. I need some opinions on Dr. Hugh Rushton, consultant Trichologist in London, Harley Street. He seems pretty reputable, and I wasn’t too put off by the consultation.

Does anyone have any opinions on him? Do you think he is legitimate?

He said “if I can’t stop your hair loss no one can”, after I told him I had been on dutasteride and ru58841 for over 8 months with things just getting worse...

He plans to put me on Proscar (Finasteride 1.25mg) accompanied with a topical anti-androgen containing minoxidil. He was pretty firm in saying it’d stop the hair loss

Can anyone give me any other opinions? I’ve lost all hope, this is my last ditch effort to save what I have. Does Dr Rushton seem too good too be true?

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Long story short. I need some opinions on Dr. Hugh Rushton, consultant Trichologist in London, Harley Street. He seems pretty reputable, and I wasn’t too put off by the consultation.

Does anyone have any opinions on him? Do you think he is legitimate?

He said “if I can’t stop your hair loss no one can”, after I told him I had been on dutasteride and ru58841 for over 8 months with things just getting worse...

He plans to put me on Proscar (Finasteride 1.25mg) accompanied with a topical anti-androgen containing minoxidil. He was pretty firm in saying it’d stop the hair loss

Can anyone give me any other opinions? I’ve lost all hope, this is my last ditch effort to save what I have. Does Dr Rushton seem too good too be true?
Just dont do it

crikey1980

Established Member
Reaction score
This Doctor sounds like a muppet to me,by just giving you finasteride and minoxidil he's saying that he can stop your hairloss,maybe it will but you could save your self money by doing that regimen online,if dutesteride doesn't work i doubt finasteride will work either.
These docs make me sick promising the world when the medical industry has very little understanding of male pattern baldness.
That said i wish the op the best of luck with treatment,hope it works mate.

iSlapBitches

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This doctor is about to take you for everything you've got sucker. IF finasteride/dutasteride and RU didnt work for you ( I think you just dont understand these drugs) then nothing will.

Twrandom3

My Regimen
Reaction score
The doctor isn’t suggesting Finasteride and minoxidil. He’s suggesting Finasteride and a topical anti-androgen developed by his company and colleagues. It’s a private clinic.

Islapbitches. I’ve used avodart for over 6 months 0.5mg a day and have lost quite a bit of ground.
I ordered my RU from anagenic and have been applying 100mg in combination with the dutasteride for over 8 months; making new solutions daily. Nothing has stopped my hairloss. Even at 55% scalp DHT surpression, plus whatever help RU was/is giving me (not that I think it’s very much, if anything).

The doctor has quite a few research papers published on PubMed which has given me some hope. But I’m still not 100% on his verity if anyone has ever seen Dr Rushton before a response from them would be really helpful

Last edited:

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
This doctor is about to take you for everything you've got sucker. IF finasteride/dutasteride and RU didnt work for you ( I think you just dont understand these drugs) then nothing will.
Thankfully that isn't true. A great example of that is Jgray. He didn't respond to topical minoxidil, finasteride and dutasteride but regrew a lot of hair using anti androgens.
@Twrandom3 Do you know what anti androgen is in the liquid he is selling? Some work better than others topically. Ideally the best way is to take it orally, but has a higher chance of side effects, especially some mild gyno!

jazz1

Reaction score
What’s in the anti androgen mixture? My mixture I currently use contains these anti androgen blockers.

15% minoxidil
0.1% finasteride
5% azelaic acid
0.25% progesterone
0.025% tretinoin
0.1% hydocorrisone