After 5 years of finasteride, go for blood donation......

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
to get rid of the accumulated 30% DHT or so?

Then start over fresh again....Anyone tried or thinks this is feasible?

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
fantastic idea, well thought out, logical and scientifically sound.

Good Luck.

arya

Established Member
Reaction score
ok I heard u shouldn't donate blood if u are on finasteride

Cornholio

Established Member
Reaction score
1) You can't donate blood while on finasteride (red-cross recommends waiting 4 weeks after last dose)...

2) You would only remove about 1/15 of the circulating blood in your body by donating one unit... and 1/15 of the circulating DHT. To remove all of the circulating DHT you would have to remove all of the blood in your body. You could try to donate 15 units consecutively at different donor sites but before you would succeeded fatigue, dizziness, death or the little lady at the red cross who checks the hematocrit before you donate would stop you.

Other than that, the plan should have worked. It certainly hasn't been thought of before. You were kidding, right?

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cornholio said:
1) You can't donate blood while on finasteride (red-cross recommends waiting 4 weeks after last dose)...

2) You would only remove about 1/15 of the circulating blood in your body by donating one unit... and 1/15 of the circulating DHT. To remove all of the circulating DHT you would have to remove all of the blood in your body. You could try to donate 15 units consecutively at different donor sites but before you would succeeded fatigue, dizziness, death or the little lady at the red cross who checks the hematocrit before you donate would stop you.

Other than that, the plan should have worked. It certainly hasn't been thought of before. You were kidding, right?

What is with the 1/15 number?........any links or evidence to back it up?

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If somehow u could remove all the blood.....and innhibit the DHt again, it could last another 5 years or so....

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Were does this 30% accumulated DHT figure come from? I haven't heard that before, any links?

In theory you could regularly have small amounts of your own blood extracted and stored at the beginning of treatment and then replace your entire blood supply with it after several years.

Actually you could just do that with someone elses blood (compatible of course) but obviously you are talking about a private medical procedure. It shouldnt be too expensive though for a simple blood transfusion. maybe some of the hair loss docs would offer it as an additional service.

oni

Reaction score
Cut your balls off lol! that will stop the dht lol! :hairy:

whatthehell

Reaction score
if you stop taking fiin for a month surely it will all be removed because its being broken down all the time, it cant stay there because itd become toxic and you oculd end up with 100% finasteride in your blood

Bismarck

Reaction score
chewbaca said:
to get rid of the accumulated 30% DHT or so?

Then start over fresh again....Anyone tried or thinks this is feasible?

what is accumulated DHT ?

Cornholio

Established Member
Reaction score
chewbaca said:
What is with the 1/15 number?........any links or evidence to back it up?

Ten pints: amount of blood in the body of an average adult.
One unit of blood is roughly the equivalent of one pint.

http://www.americasblood.org/index.cfm? ... &pageID=12

So the number should be 1/10.... Good catch Chewbaca. I shouldnt post things without evidence : ). The 1/15 was off the top of my head, as 1 unit of blood raises hemoglobin about 1 gram, but that didnt get me the right answer. So dont try to give 15 units of blood, it will kill you. So will giving 10 units.

Biostudent

Reaction score
ok

Just a side note. finasteride Inhibits the PRODUCTION of DHT in your body.

Back to basics, finasteride stops 5-alpha reductase (Enzyme) from converting Testosterone into DHT. How then would it be possible to have accumulated DHT levels? What you POSSIBLY would have a slight accumulation of is the active ingredient that blocks out the enzyme from performing its normal funtion, in anything.

And like cornholio said, you would only give a small portion of that blood and therefore of the accumulated, undesired product with it.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This thread is super-furry, Chewby!!!

Chewbaca shows there are no limits.

Cassin

Reaction score
No Chewbacca, your not thinking right. What we need are vampires to latch onto us that are either DHT resistant or don’t care about baldness. Then we need some sort of blood generator that produces a DHT free blood, hook up an IV, problem solved. Now that’s the answer.

Well there is the problem of eternal damnation via the walking dead thing from the vampire bite, but who cares? HAIR! I suggest you make a poll.

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: ok

Biostudent said:
Just a side note. finasteride Inhibits the PRODUCTION of DHT in your body.

Back to basics, finasteride stops 5-alpha reductase (Enzyme) from converting Testosterone into DHT. How then would it be possible to have accumulated DHT levels? What you POSSIBLY would have a slight accumulation of is the active ingredient that blocks out the enzyme from performing its normal funtion, in anything.

And like cornholio said, you would only give a small portion of that blood and therefore of the accumulated, undesired product with it.

finasteride onlt inhibts 70% of DHT....But after 5 years people report lsing efectiveness of finasteride...Just speculation of the remaining DHT may accumulate over time and may add up thus making finasteride lose effectiveness.....I dont know anyone can correct me on this if the remaining DHT will attach tot he hair and fall out as the regular hair cycle or not....

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
global said:
Were does this 30% accumulated DHT figure come from? I haven't heard that before, any links?

In theory you could regularly have small amounts of your own blood extracted and stored at the beginning of treatment and then replace your entire blood supply with it after several years.

Actually you could just do that with someone elses blood (compatible of course) but obviously you are talking about a private medical procedure. It shouldnt be too expensive though for a simple blood transfusion. maybe some of the hair loss docs would offer it as an additional service.

f your mum's blood is cmpatible with yours.....it ist likely to be DHT -less than your own blood since it is female's blood?

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
No Chewbacca, your not thinking right. What we need are vampires to latch onto us that are either DHT resistant or don’t care about baldness. Then we need some sort of blood generator that produces a DHT free blood, hook up an IV, problem solved. Now that’s the answer.

Well there is the problem of eternal damnation via the walking dead thing from the vampire bite, but who cares? HAIR! I suggest you make a poll.

that is if someone can nvent such a device and implant it nto the body to clean the system of DHT....