After 5 years of finasteride, go for blood donation......

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
chewbaca said:
global said:
Were does this 30% accumulated DHT figure come from? I haven't heard that before, any links?

In theory you could regularly have small amounts of your own blood extracted and stored at the beginning of treatment and then replace your entire blood supply with it after several years.

Actually you could just do that with someone elses blood (compatible of course) but obviously you are talking about a private medical procedure. It shouldnt be too expensive though for a simple blood transfusion. maybe some of the hair loss docs would offer it as an additional service.

f your mum's blood is cmpatible with yours.....it ist likely to be DHT -less than your own blood since it is female's blood?

Sigh...I guess so.

drinkrum

Reaction score
chewbaca said:
global said:
Were does this 30% accumulated DHT figure come from? I haven't heard that before, any links?

In theory you could regularly have small amounts of your own blood extracted and stored at the beginning of treatment and then replace your entire blood supply with it after several years.

Actually you could just do that with someone elses blood (compatible of course) but obviously you are talking about a private medical procedure. It shouldnt be too expensive though for a simple blood transfusion. maybe some of the hair loss docs would offer it as an additional service.

f your mum's blood is cmpatible with yours.....it ist likely to be DHT -less than your own blood since it is female's blood?

Listen. The body is in a system of fluid equilibrium. DHT is created every second. The body doesn't just create a batch and go, "Well, that's the DHT for the next three years." Even if you got a blood transfusion with someone of the same blood-type, your DHT levels in the blood would be back to what it was before in 24 hours. And do you even know what a blood transfusion involves? It's not a simple procedure -- the mortality rate is probably like 5-10%. And anyway, DHT is not created by the blood. It is created all over the body by the 5-alpha reductase enzyme, which converts testosterone into DHT. So if you really wanted a cure, as I mentioned before, rip out your hypothalamus and chop off your nuts. Easy-peasy.

Please don't post anymore without consulting first (1) a dictionary, (2) an elementary school textbook on biology, and (3) a shrink.

D.

Cornholio

Established Member
Reaction score
chewbaca said:
that is if someone can nvent such a device and implant it nto the body to clean the system of DHT....

Chewbaca is an idea man. He just doesn't have the scientific background to put it into action, and needs this board to bounce ideas off.

I think the 30% figure comes from the fact that finasteride only reduces circulating DHT by 70%. How to get that last 30%? Dutasteride reduces it by 90%, so that is a start. But androgens continue to be converted to DHT by the residual enzyme activity. As DHT is higher in the skin than the blood I suspect the skin may be behind the remaining DHT. Do we need all that skin? I never thought of that question before, but have now, thanks to Chewbaca. (Answer: yes we do, darn, but maybe removing it and replacing it with a thick layer of flesh-tone spironolactone cream will be possible in the future).

Would DHT be selectively removed by dialysis? or continuous (peritoneal) dialysis? I dont know. But chewbaca's thinking. Always thinking. He just needs redirecting occasionally.

chewbaca = idea man

Bismarck

Reaction score
What about combining Finasteride and Dutasteride for 160% DHT reduction ?? :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

drinkrum

Reaction score
Bismarck said:
What about combining Finasteride and Dutasteride for 160% DHT reduction ?? :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

That's a fantastic addition to an already amazing theory, Biz! The extra 60% reduction can then be auctioned off (eBay, etc.) to other people in the form of blood!

D.

sam-

Established Member
Reaction score
drinkrum said:
Bismarck said:

That's a fantastic addition to an already amazing theory, Biz! The extra 60% reduction can then be auctioned off (eBay, etc.) to other people in the form of blood!

D.

:laugh:

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
drinkrum said:
chewbaca said:
global said:

Even if you got a blood transfusion with someone of the same blood-type, your DHT levels in the blood would be back to what it was before in 24 hours. And do you even know what a blood transfusion involves? D.

I was askng if do a blood transfusion with another person's or donated your blood......immediately start finasteride.....in that way, how will the DHT get bac k to normal levels?

drinkrum

Reaction score
You do realize that blood is constantly being made and used by the body, right? The point of blood is to carry nutrients (via the arteries) to the body. The blood then recycles back (via the veins) to the heart without nutrients (e.g. oxygen). Again, as I mentioned before, it is a system of fluid equilibrium. DHT is constantly being made in the skin, prostate, scalp, and brain and enters the blood at these junctures.

D.

Bismarck

Reaction score
drinkrum said:
Bismarck said:

D.

Well, I'm still waiting for a poster asking whether it is possible to produce a 10% minoxidil solution by mixing two 5% bottles.... :hairy:

oni

Reaction score
Course you can create 10% from two bottles of 5% :hairy: but I am not going to tell you :p and dutasteride + finasteride = f'ing big shed, not 160% everyone knows it's more like 155% anyway and as for selling blood on ebay. I have only tried used girls period knickers which do have some blood content ! and they sell by the bucket load! :hairy: