Advice Needed From Those Who Use Tape For Bonding.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say they probably sit between ghost Bond and liquid acrylic adhesive.
So I have been emailing back and forth with dave at pro labs. He said the one chemical in ghost bond is Acrylates Copolymer

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is the Acrylates part?
That's what makes the adhesive stick.

I've said repeatedly ghost bond is our safest option... I have never said it was without its own risk. Just much safer when compared to acrylic adhesives.

I would relate this to having a vice.

You can smoke cigarettes or shoot heroin. They both have their risks but I would suggest smoking over shooting heroin as there is much more risk and many more things that can chain-react from injecting heroin..... If one had to be done.

Last edited:

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's what makes the adhesive stick.

I've said repeatedly ghost bond is our safest option... I have never said it was without its own risk. Just much safer when compared to acrylic adhesives.

I would relate this to having a vice.

You can smoke cigarettes or shoot heroin. They both have their risks but I would suggest smoking over shooting heroin as there is much more risk and many more things that can chain-react from injecting heroin..... If one had to be done.
So there is no acrylic in it, it's just a simmiler sounding word?
Acrylic vrs. Acrylates ?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Acrylic vrs. Acrylates ?

No, of course it's a form acrylic substance.
I'm trying to word this as respectfully as possible....

Chemistry is a complex and difficult thing to understand. This is why chemistry Focused Education is a minimum of nearly half a decade. I can explain definitions and so forth until I turn blue... but unless you have the background and knowledge to understand how chemicals work together.. chain-react..change modular structure... combined to form a completely new chemical... then it's really all for nothing. I can't give you a four plus your education in a couple of posts online, nor would I want to attempt it.

This is no different than a mechanic saying you have 2/32 tread on your tires... and you need to change them or you're risking an accident...stating factually that there's a high rate of crashes due to low tire tread.

Does anyone take the same position as they are with the topic of adhesives?... commenting and arguing with the mechanic or telling him to prove it?........... Saying I don't care what the study says I know a lot of people driving around with bald tires that are fine.... You can be killed by anything, why are you worried about bald tires?

Just like the chemicals in adhesive, driving with bald tires does not guarantee you're going to die in a crash ;however, more people have crashes with bald tires than do with new tires.

Earlier someone made a stupid comment like "chemicals bad" but you know what... in all reality... and in layman's terms that's about as simple as it gets.... and it's true!

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, of course it's a form acrylic substance.
I'm trying to word this as respectfully as possible....

Chemistry is a complex and difficult thing to understand. This is why chemistry Focused Education is a minimum of nearly half a decade. I can explain definitions and so forth until I turn blue... but unless you have the background and knowledge to understand how chemicals work together.. chain-react..change modular structure... combined to form a completely new chemical... then it's really all for nothing. I can't give you a four plus your education in a couple of posts online, nor would I want to attempt it.

This is no different than a mechanic saying you have 2/32 tread on your tires... and you need to change them or you're risking an accident...stating factually that there's a high rate of crashes due to low tire tread.

Does anyone take the same position as they are with the topic of adhesives?... commenting and arguing with the mechanic or telling him to prove it?........... Saying I don't care what the study says I know a lot of people driving around with bald tires that are fine.... You can be killed by anything, why are you worried about bald tires?

Just like the chemicals in adhesive, driving with bald tires does not guarantee you're going to die in a crash ;however, more people have crashes with bald tires than do with new tires.

Earlier someone made a stupid comment like "chemicals bad" but you know what... in all reality... and in layman's terms that's about as simple as it gets.... and it's true!
Ok, thanks

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Acrylic vrs. Acrylates ?
As long as the acrylate is already a formed polymer it's fine. I guess they all have to be to work as a glue. If there are monomers left, then acrylic acid is a lot better than methacrylic acid. So let's hope that by acrylate polymer they don't mean methacrylate polymer actually.

And it's just solved in something: water or some toxic solvent. That's what's unhealhy. Yet if it's the same or similar molecule why are they using these different solvents? Something must be different between these glue forming agents as well. I guess acrylic and acrylate copolymer can mean quite different molecules, but I am not a chemist.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As long as the acrylate is already a formed polymer it's fine. I guess they all have to be to work as a glue. If there are monomers left, then acrylic acid is a lot better than methacrylic acid. So let's hope that by acrylate polymer they don't mean methacrylate polymer actually.

And it's just solved in something: water or some toxic solvent. That's what's unhealhy. Yet if it's the same or similar molecule why are they using these different solvents? Something must be different between these glue forming agents as well. I guess acrylic and acrylate copolymer can mean quite different molecules, but I am not a chemist.
How long have you been using glues and tapes?

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you use to remove? Ultra safe? What about the chemicals in that?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairdirect's Protouch CleanSkin Scalp Cleaner. https://www.hairdirect.com/protouchcleanskinscalpcleaner4ounces
It's the only thing that doesn't flow to unwanted areas and doesn't evaporate as fast, so minimal exposure by inhaling and unwanted skin and eye contact.
I literally just ordered that. I did so because i recently started using walker bond breaker shampoo..... Just watched a video on it and they say don't use more than once every 6 weeks..... that's ridiculous as most people detach every one to two weeks. So they would use it that often to clean adhesive off their scalp and bio hair.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just know what it is, fuel chemicals...like gasoline and kerosene

Safest bet is mineral oil or olive oil to remove adhesives.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191119-175805_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20191119-175805_Drive.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 125
  • Screenshot_20191119-175834_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191119-175834_Chrome.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 102

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know it sounds silly but it stands true.... industrial chemicals are bad... no need to dissect ingredients or formulations in an attempt to convince yourself they're safe... Industrial chemicals are bad on the body....

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know it sounds silly but it stands true.... industrial chemicals are bad... no need to dissect ingredients or formulations in an attempt to convince yourself they're safe... Industrial chemicals are bad on the body....
Gonna try olive oil

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Too bad, have you used olive or mineral oil yourself?
No, but it has to work. Only downside is your scalp is going to be very greasy and need to be degreased substantially with alcohol to apply the system. I think I may take my own advice and start using it though.