Aderans... Possibly some promising news?

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
TravisB said:
Wow, they put 150 million $ into their research, I guess they don't want to fail.
adreans relies on ARI to stay afloat, HM is a threat to wigmakers and hair transplant surgeons, it's adapt or fail for them
fortunately that means that ARI has a stable financial backing

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
TravisB said:
Wow, they put 150 million $ into their research, I guess they don't want to fail.

Just wait until dudemon chimes in with his cynical views.

T

TravisB

Yeah, it's time to understand that we live in the pretty technologically advanced world today, now it's best time than ever to finally develop some kind of more advanced cure to our beloved male pattern baldness. We hear more and more news about stem cell researches for male pattern baldness, like I said, 150 million $ for research, so it must happen some time, and it WILL happen in not so far future. We don't live in 80's anymore.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
TravisB said:
Yeah, it's time to understand that we live in the pretty technologically advanced world today, now it's best time than ever to finally develop some kind of more advanced cure to our beloved male pattern baldness. We hear more and more news about stem cell researches for male pattern baldness, like I said, 150 million $ for research, so it must happen some time, and it WILL happen in not so far future. We don't live in 80's anymore.

Pressure is also on because companies like Histogen are hot on their Aderans tale.

mister x

Reaction score
Aderans Research Institute (ARI) is currently in the middle of Phase II trials of its much-anticipated, much-delayed new cellular hair regeneration technology. The company hopes to “encourageâ€￾ follicular cells to reproduce themselves via a method ARI calls the Ji Gamiâ„¢ process, resulting in a virtually unlimited number of hair-generating cellular units produced. During this process, a small piece of tissue is removed from the neckline. Cells are cultivated in controlled conditions where they are encouraged to multiply by the addition of proprietary growth media. When enough new cells are formed, they are returned to the scalp, where they are injected and elicit new hair growth and thickness, ultimately producing more hair than the client had before. Candidates for hair regeneration may no longer be limited by the number of hairs on their head. ARI envisions a time when crowns (vertex) can be covered with full, natural hair regardless of the degree of hair loss.

The cell multiplication process, which involves a proprietary technology and “cookingâ€￾ process, takes about 10 to 20 days. The cells are produced in ARI’s 8,000-square-foot laboratory facility in Atlanta, Georgia.

Someone from the forum live in Georgia?

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wilson said:
I haven't had time to read this entire thread but can someone tell me how long Aderans phase 2 can last? It's been two and a half years so far. Is it possible they'll be finishing soon?
they extended phase 2 i believe after acquiring intercytex
phase 2 should end beginning - mid 2012

Kube8

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow, I started this thread, but I didn't really think they would be successful.... let alone beat out Histogen. I've just been so discouraged seeing companies flop left and right. Just checking back on this now and seeing what they're up to, I am (cautiously) optimistic! How awesome will this be?

YAY!

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score
dimitar_berbagod said:
Due to the bureaucracy and red tape associated with getting FDA approval, I can see this taking its time to become available in the US (and UK). However, if it became available in a few years elsewhere I would be willing to travel to have it done, provided it was safe and effective. I still think there needs to be work done to ascertain effectiveness, longevity of results etc, but the signs look promising.

I think anyone who has the money travel to the moon for this if it was safe and effective.

Kube8 said:
Wow, I started this thread, but I didn't really think they would be successful.... let alone beat out Histogen. I've just been so discouraged seeing companies flop left and right. Just checking back on this now and seeing what they're up to, I am (cautiously) optimistic! How awesome will this be?

YAY!

beat out Histogen ? how so?

T

TravisB

What is Aderans technique? I guess that's cool that Aderans and Histogen are going to release their treatments in similar time (around 2015)?

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score
i wish those trial phases would go by faster than they planned for.

dimitar_berbagod

Established Member
Reaction score
How does the text you've copied suggest that it will/does work?

By the sound of it the technology is still in its infancy. Any marketable product looks years away...

wendal

Established Member
Reaction score
idontwanttobebalding said:
This is from the hair site forum....could not say it better so I copied it for you to read.....this is the reason that if this stuff does eventually work (and I think it will/does), it will be performed on the donor area and by a hair transplant Doctor....

Wish there was a better way.....but this is the fastest way to market.

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum ... nswer.html

Aderans Paper : A Universal Mechanism for Hair Formation (Hair Loss Research & Clinical Trials)
posted by Freddie555, 24.10.2011, 02:21
(edited by Freddie555 on 24.10.2011, 02:38)

greeting my ugly balding brothers.

I was reading a paper published by Aderan scientists. One thing I gotta say is that Aderans is doing a lot of good research into this field. Its not just a question of culturing cells and injecting them. There are many issues to it.

Anyway the paper is a study of how rat, mouse, dog, opossum and human hair is created. It turns out the mechanism is very similar despite millions of years of evolution that seperates our species. All of the above species however are on the mammalian branch and we all originated from Therapsids.

A lot of you ugly bald brothers out there keep asking me - why do we humans not see the kind of results various treatments have in mice. Why do mice always seem to grow hair easily while growing hair on a human is comparitively harder?

Well if you take a look at the paper, you will see that the same number of cells are injected into all 5 species - yet there is a huge difference in the number of follicles generated. In bare mouse skin, the amount of follicles generated made the skin look like a persian rug. By comparison, human skin with the same number of cells injected resulted in only a few hairs being generated. Go look at the 5 pictures in the paper (top of the third page).

1. Mouse <- most
2. Rat
3. Dog
4. Opossum
5. Human <- least

We don't quite know why this is. However it seems to be related to the cycling speed (anagen->catagen->telogen) of the hair. In mice, this is very fast. Within a month or so, the prolific amount of mouse hair had returned back to its telogen (resting) stage while human hair was still in anagen. The faster the hair cycles, the more prolific it seems to be able to undergo folliclular neogenesis to begin with.

So you ugly bald guys are not wrong when you say mice respond better to hair loss treatments than humans. Its just that mice seem to more readily generate follicles.

I don't know how in depth Replicel is compared to Aderans but they should not be surprised if far fewer human hair follicles are generated compared to their mice models. Unless of course they are already aware of this and have cracked the problem of low yield in humans...

The other thing the paper highlights is that while we are able to generate follicles, the follicles look randomly scattered and terribly mis-positioned. Unless a way is found to get the follicles to orient the proper way and at the proper depth in the skin and have consistency of hair quality, I'm afriad this technology won't be ready for deployment.

Alright, that's enough info for you butt ugly bald guys for today.

http://h-ari.com/pdfs/07_2010.pdf

Please explain to me how/why it would work so well around the donor area, then transplanted. Not sure I'm understanding.

dimitar_berbagod

Established Member
Reaction score
Jeez Dudemon give it a rest!

Not wishing to start an argument but you're clearly on the wind up here...looking for people to take the bait with your comments. Ok, you don't think HM will be a reality or that there is some conspiracy among huge corporations to stop it at all costs. That's fine, I have doubts about HM too, but you don't need to keep banging on about it, it's getting tiresome. I don't know why you bother posting on this forum.

wendal

Established Member
Reaction score
dimitar_berbagod said:
Jeez Dudemon give it a rest!

Not wishing to start an argument but you're clearly on the wind up here...looking for people to take the bait with your comments. Ok, you don't think HM will be a reality or that there is some conspiracy among huge corporations to stop it at all costs. That's fine, I have doubts about HM too, but you don't need to keep banging on about it, it's getting tiresome. I don't know why you bother posting on this forum.

I asked him that very question and he didnt really give me an answer. He is totally convinced that ALL of these companies working on a cure are hogwash, yet he keeps posting on this part of the forum. Why? I personally dont spend my time hanging around places I believe to be utter bullshit, I have better things to do with my time. Seems he's just trying to get attention and wind people up as you said.

wendal

Established Member
Reaction score
Dudemon, you dodged the question AGAIN. Yes, you have no faith in HM or any kind of cure for hairloss in our life times. It's all a "pipedream" we get that. But again, WHY do you even bother reading and posting here? Why do you waste your time in this part of the forum if it's all nothing but a pipe dream?

On a side note, I admit I do get quite a chuckle every time you use your favorite 'wank' emoticon.

wendal

Established Member
Reaction score
dudemon said:
wendal said:
Dudemon, you dodged the question AGAIN. Yes, you have no faith in HM or any kind of cure for hairloss in our life times. It's all a "pipedream" we get that. But again, WHY do you even bother reading and posting here? Why do you waste your time in this part of the forum if it's all nothing but a pipe dream?

On a side note, I admit I do get quite a chuckle every time you use your favorite 'wank' emoticon.

Sorry for not answering your questions. I started to in my last post ... and then went off on a tangent. Anyways, I check this HM forum every time I check out the HairLossTalk.com website. It is one of the three sections I always frequent: impact, hair transplant, and HM. Don't get me wrong, I, like everyone else here, wants to see HM become a reality. But every time I check this forum (and many of the other HM forums on other sites) its always the same: no big news or developements ... only more speculations, predictions, and of course ... timelines. :jackit:

At that point, roughly 30 seconds after checking this forum and never seeing any substantial new developments after 7+ years I have been a member here, I quickly get discouraged. With HM, no matter which company you are talking about, its always the same. A few tidbits here and there, but nothing ever concrete. THen, finallly when some new development occasionally arises, it will always be another "3 to 5 years away" prediction by someone, and never anything real that we can sink our teeth into. And when then "big" news comes out (like the results of a phase I or II or something) its always BAD F*CKING news!!!! Never good! (ie - ICX)

IDK, I guess its a psychological thing happening on a subconcious level or something with me. :dunno: Every other day or so when I check here, I quickly get discouraged after never seeing any new developments, and I just feel the urge to blurt out some negative $hit about how I feel about this whole damn HM thing.

I'm sorry if that annoys or pisses anybody off. I really don't mean to do that. I am just venting my negative frustrations with the whole HM thing, and the way we have been jerked around by all these PR people working for the HM companies. Believe me, I am not trying to be a troll and suck people into arguments or any of that garbage. I'm just venting my frustrations.

I really do feel like we have been duped by slick marketing people, which has led me to draw the conclusions that I have. I have been following this HM thing since the very first (Gho?) discoveries almost 2 decades ago. I used to follow it all very closely, and in the last 4 years or so, I have gotten so sick of the whole HM thing that I am truly beginning to think that it really has been nothing more than a marketing ploy to sell more hair transplants ... all this time.

(BTW, without naming names, it is a known fact that some slimey sales people in the past at certain hair transplant clinics have indeed used the HM thing to make the hard sell on hair transplant clients who were unsure about whether or not to have an hair transplant... along the lines of, "Have an hair transplant now and in 3 to 5 years HM will come out and then you can have all your hair back, just like when you were a kid!") :jackit: :jackit: :jackit: :jackit: :jackit: :jackit: :jackit: :jackit: :jackit:

I began to think that there never were any real discoveries and that the whole HM thing in general is just :jackit: Perhaps it always has been, and always be nothing more than that.

Does this answer your questions?

I can see why you would be discouraged by the whole HM thing after being disappointed for as long as you have, but I still dont understand why you continue to read and post in this section. It's as if there's something inside you that actually enjoys negativity because negativity is all you spout in this section. Most people will put negative aspects in their lives behind them and move on, not continue to b**ch about it. It's like a person who watches MTV every day and constantly complains they no longer show music videos. Well, if you dont like it, you can simply turn the channel, instead of choosing to keep watching and continue complaining about it.

Anyway, you're entitled to your opinion of course, not trying to tell you what you can and can't post on here. I just dont see why you even bother. :dunno: Oh and keep up those wank emoticons, that really does crack me up.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
wendal said:
dudemon said:
Sorry for not answering your questions. I started to in my last post ... and then went off on a tangent. Anyways, I check this HM forum every time I check out the HairLossTalk.com website. It is one of the three sections I always frequent: impact, hair transplant, and HM. Don't get me wrong, I, like everyone else here, wants to see HM become a reality. But every time I check this forum (and many of the other HM forums on other sites) its always the same: no big news or developements ... only more speculations, predictions, and of course ... timelines. :jackit:

At that point, roughly 30 seconds after checking this forum and never seeing any substantial new developments after 7+ years I have been a member here, I quickly get discouraged. With HM, no matter which company you are talking about, its always the same. A few tidbits here and there, but nothing ever concrete. THen, finallly when some new development occasionally arises, it will always be another "3 to 5 years away" prediction by someone, and never anything real that we can sink our teeth into. And when then "big" news comes out (like the results of a phase I or II or something) its always BAD F*CKING news!!!! Never good! (ie - ICX)

IDK, I guess its a psychological thing happening on a subconcious level or something with me. :dunno: Every other day or so when I check here, I quickly get discouraged after never seeing any new developments, and I just feel the urge to blurt out some negative $hit about how I feel about this whole damn HM thing.

I'm sorry if that annoys or pisses anybody off. I really don't mean to do that. I am just venting my negative frustrations with the whole HM thing, and the way we have been jerked around by all these PR people working for the HM companies. Believe me, I am not trying to be a troll and suck people into arguments or any of that garbage. I'm just venting my frustrations.

I really do feel like we have been duped by slick marketing people, which has led me to draw the conclusions that I have. I have been following this HM thing since the very first (Gho?) discoveries almost 2 decades ago. I used to follow it all very closely, and in the last 4 years or so, I have gotten so sick of the whole HM thing that I am truly beginning to think that it really has been nothing more than a marketing ploy to sell more hair transplants ... all this time.

(BTW, without naming names, it is a known fact that some slimey sales people in the past at certain hair transplant clinics have indeed used the HM thing to make the hard sell on hair transplant clients who were unsure about whether or not to have an hair transplant... along the lines of, "Have an hair transplant now and in 3 to 5 years HM will come out and then you can have all your hair back, just like when you were a kid!") :jackit: :jackit: :jackit: :jackit: :jackit: :jackit: :jackit: :jackit: :jackit:

I began to think that there never were any real discoveries and that the whole HM thing in general is just :jackit: Perhaps it always has been, and always be nothing more than that.

Does this answer your questions?

I can see why you would be discouraged by the whole HM thing after being disappointed for as long as you have, but I still dont understand why you continue to read and post in this section. It's as if there's something inside you that actually enjoys negativity because negativity is all you spout in this section. Most people will put negative aspects in their lives behind them and move on, not continue to b**ch about it. It's like a person who watches MTV every day and constantly complains they no longer show music videos. Well, if you dont like it, you can simply turn the channel, instead of choosing to keep watching and continue complaining about it.

Anyway, you're entitled to your opinion of course, not trying to tell you what you can and can't post on here. I just dont see why you even bother. :dunno: Oh and keep up those wank emoticons, that really does crack me up.

A few problems with dudmons logic:

1) Histogen actually has regrown hair on human scalp in pre-clinical stages. And for that point, much better quality hair then ICX did who failed at phase 2.

This shows progress has been made.

2) Based on that Dudemons expectations were very high in the early days. That is probably why he is so disappointed right now. When more then likely 15 years ago with Gho etc, HM was in its infancy.

3) Unsuspecting buyers will get hair transplants anyway, poor ones. Anybody who does a bit of research will be better informed.

4) Aderans are investing massively into their product, 100 mill recently, if it was destined to fail they would have stopped pumping money into it. That clearly shows clear intent.

It does not make good business sense to pump money into something that does not have good ROI

5) There are many companies, more so now then 20 years ago working on HM. Everyone working on this knows the potential to be made if they successfully clone hairs. Why wouldn't anyone want to crack the puzzle. There will always be demand for this and billions to be made. If bosley crack it, heck they wouldnt even need to rely on hair transplants as a source of income, they could use this.

6) HM will not replace traditional hair transplants, more then likely many of these procedures will regenerate donor hair for hair transplants.

Everybody is happy.

re22

Reaction score
So the hair transplant business is proclaiming to be spending millions of dollars on faux research that few people even know about to convince potential customers to spend thousands of dollars on something that will soon be obsolete.