Aderans... Possibly some promising news?

tonyj

Established Member
Reaction score
somone uk= thank you for posting the video on Aderans. Its kind of a relief to hear the details of their progress and path toward FDA approval in the U.S.

I was wondering if the translator meant to say millimeters instead of centimeters.

Rnz

Reaction score
Lets hope that they improve the results until (if) they release a product.
Also, from the video it seems that they add hair to thinning areas and not to totally bald skin.

tonyj said:
I was wondering if the translator meant to say millimeters instead of centimeters.

I dont think you can squeeze 13 follicles into 1 mm2. In addition, he compared it to finasteride that surely doesnt grow that much hair.

wendal

Established Member
Reaction score
Seeing updated news/videos like this always brightens my day.

OH GOD PLEASE HURRY!!!

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Rnz said:
Also, from the video it seems that they add hair to thinning areas and not to totally bald skin.

I thought that too. Pretty pants what they seem to be aiming for at the moment. Similar effectiveness to finasteride only?

And yeh I thought they were aiming to try and grow hair in completely slick-bald areas. That would be exciting, this isn't.

dimitar_berbagod

Established Member
Reaction score
I thought that too. Pretty pants what they seem to be aiming for at the moment. Similar effectiveness to finasteride only?

Yes but this seems to offer more of a tangible result. finasteride will stop hairloss if you're very lucky and isn't really effective for the front. Personally I think it's sh*t!

And yeh I thought they were aiming to try and grow hair in completely slick-bald areas. That would be exciting, this isn't.

I also think putting back all the hair in a completely bald place is unrealistic at this stage. A product/procedure that could effectively regrow hair in thinning places would be an excellent step forward. We need to walk before we can run.

Vox

Established Member
Reaction score
Rnz said:
This point is not completely clear. I don't see why one should already have hair to the areas where this product is applied. I think the video raises more questions than it answers.

Rnz said:
tonyj said:
I dont think you can squeeze 13 follicles into 1 mm2. In addition, he compared it to finasteride that surely doesnt grow that much hair.
13 per mm² is 1300 per cm². I don't know what a normal number of hair density is, but this looks totally unreal.

Actually I just found this page on hair biology saying that in a non balding adult individual hair density is around 200-300 hair fibers per cm². Hair follicle density is about twice as much.

So 13 hairs per cm² is 15-20 times less than normal density. Which is the density typically achieved by hair transplants? Obviously it would depend on how much the hair loss has advanced, but is there some general rule about this?

Matt Skiba

Established Member
Reaction score
When you lose hair because you're afflicted with male pattern baldness, I don't think DHT ever completely kills the hair follicles, they just atrophy to the point of not being able to produce follicles anymore. If you look really closely, you can see that a follicle in the process of atrophy may have a tiny unpigmented white hair coming out. These small vellous hairs can be found all over your body, only a very few ares of the skin do not have any hair follicles at all, and I think the only areas on the body like that are the palms of the hand and soles of the feet.

I think when Washenik said something about there already being hair in the areas the process is applied to, he may be talking about the vellous hairs.

Anyhow, I'm almost halfway through my 20s now and still totally unhappy about the fact that my looks and physical attractiveness are being taken away from me at such at a young age, and that I've had to see my hair progressively get worse within the past 5 years. Which was around the time I first started coming on these forums and thought that intercytex would have something out in 2009.. yeah right.

I do sort of wonder if perhaps things would happen more quickly if aderans and replicel and histogen merged. Since their technologies work in different mechanisms, maybe if they could come up with a combined approach that attacks this thing at all angles.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Matt Skiba said:
When you lose hair because you're afflicted with male pattern baldness, I don't think DHT ever completely kills the hair follicles, they just atrophy to the point of not being able to produce follicles anymore. If you look really closely, you can see that a follicle in the process of atrophy may have a tiny unpigmented white hair coming out. These small vellous hairs can be found all over your body, only a very few ares of the skin do not have any hair follicles at all, and I think the only areas on the body like that are the palms of the hand and soles of the feet.

I think when Washenik said something about there already being hair in the areas the process is applied to, he may be talking about the vellous hairs.

Anyhow, I'm almost halfway through my 20s now and still totally unhappy about the fact that my looks and physical attractiveness are being taken away from me at such at a young age, and that I've had to see my hair progressively get worse within the past 5 years. Which was around the time I first started coming on these forums and thought that intercytex would have something out in 2009.. yeah right.

I do sort of wonder if perhaps things would happen more quickly if aderans and replicel and histogen merged. Since their technologies work in different mechanisms, maybe if they could come up with a combined approach that attacks this thing at all angles.

Someone will sooner or later get it right.

It is a complicated process, intercytex were one of the first dabbling with this tech so the failure rate was much higher.

Histogen and Adreans are growing hair on human scalp in comparison.

T

TravisB

Can someone explain to me what is this "Histogen" thing? Am I reading right that they inject "something" into your scalp and it grows new hair? But what is this "something", and how does it even work? Will it be the one injection for the whole life, or will you have to inject it from time to time, because hair will be falling out (like minoxidil or propecia)? Also, I've read that they are planning to release it by 2013 - 2014, which is pretty close. Any idea what price would it have. And what would be the form of selling it? Would it be available on the store shelf, or would you have to go to some sort of hair clinic?

Mojo Risin

Reaction score
It's gonna be injections like Botox that you'll have to get every 5-6 months. So you better be rich bro.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Mojo Risin said:
It's gonna be injections like Botox that you'll have to get every 5-6 months. So you better be rich bro.

5-6 months...

What good is THAT?

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i am sure histogen started phase 2

but i have said before only 33% of companies pass phase 2

and then you have phase 3 which isn't certain to pass....and approval

Matt Skiba

Established Member
Reaction score
I think I may have read somewhere that a product can come to market after Phase2, but I think only in other countries and not the US.

I can definitely imagine this stuff being available in other countries first due to lower level of regulation, which is fine by me to be honest as I think a plane ride would be worth it, as long as the procedure establishes a solid record of efficacy and safety.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
dudemon said:
somone uk said:
i am sure histogen started phase 2

Oh - OK. I am not aware of the latest updates I guess.

[quote="somone uk":2tmqjkpa]
but i have said before only 33% of companies pass phase 2

I didn't know it was even that high becuase none of them have gotten to phase III. All have failed at phase II or before. So I consider failing phase II as not really completing it (successfully anyways).

somone uk said:
and then you have phase 3 which isn't certain to pass....and approval

And this is the stage that will probably take the longest. (2013-14 ... LOL ... yeah right! ... more like 2020 - 2025+...)[/quote:2tmqjkpa]

Dudemon you have to be more optimistic. Look at the positives, they have produced much better results then Intercytex and that was in preclinical stages.

Until it actually fails, everything else is just pure speculation. So what if it gets delayed by a couple of years from the original date, as long as it comes out that's all that matters.

dimitar_berbagod

Established Member
Reaction score
Due to the bureaucracy and red tape associated with getting FDA approval, I can see this taking its time to become available in the US (and UK). However, if it became available in a few years elsewhere I would be willing to travel to have it done, provided it was safe and effective. I still think there needs to be work done to ascertain effectiveness, longevity of results etc, but the signs look promising.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i am sure this is old news but i have found adreans "timeline" for those who are note up to speed
2879_image371.jpg

one thing i have noticed is they have spent over 2 years on phase 2, but they somehow expect to complete phase 3 in 18 months

cobey60

Reaction score
somone uk said:
one thing i have noticed is they have spent over 2 years on phase 2, but they somehow expect to complete phase 3 in 18 months

My understanding was that part of the Phase 2 process was to determine the best delivery mechanics (i.e. single injection, two injenctions interspersed by a week/month etc.). This contributed to the extended duration of the Phase 2 tests.

Assuming that this determination can be made (and then applied in Phase 3), it is therefore not entirely unrealistic that Phase 3 would take less time than Phase 2. Also, in theory, 18 months for a comprehensive test of any baldness treatment seems reasonable. Obviously, 2014 remains very optimistic for the treatment to actually be released on the market.

T

TravisB

Wow, they put 150 million $ into their research, I guess they don't want to fail.