Aderans... Possibly some promising news?

re22

Reaction score
dudemon, I know that we started off on the wrong foot, and I do know where you're coming from. But you need to be more open minded about the evidence we are given before you making equivocal judgments. It's possible that nothing of significance will come from these studies, anything is possible. More companies are involved in this process than ever before though, and every step is a step forward.

re22

Reaction score
How do I know that the past really happened or that your posts aren't just a figment of my imagination? You can't really prove anything: you can only be pragmatic with the evidence you are given so you can infer the most viable explanation. Having a shadow league of Hair Transplant personnel brewing up false research to increase their customer base just doesn't make sense. If they wanted to create a conspiracy, then they could just tell people that there isn't going to be a cure anytime soon to make it seem like hair transplants are the only real option. Obviously hair transplant people are going to be involved with it somehow, since they are going to be the ones issuing the treatments should they ever come around. I also can't tell you if companies such as Replicel or Follica are even involved with that industry.

I try to be as objective as possible when looking at these potential treatments. Obviously I am biased in the sense that I want them to be successful, but I know there's that chance that they may end up not living up to the hype. I haven't seen any evidence, yet, to suggest that these companies are doomed to failure: Histogen has shown remarkable Phase I results, Aderans continues to improve. We will know about Replicel in the next few months. Even if these companies do not live up to their potential, they are still dramatically making progress in research and what is known about treating hair loss.

re22

Reaction score
Furthermore, all of these trials are public record on sites like clinicaltrials.gov, so the only place these people could have their clandestine conspiracy meetups would be within prison cells if this all turned out to be an incredible ruse.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ohh conspiricy theories :hmmm: :hmmm:
bridging an unknown with any bullshit will sure fill the gap

but dude you're wrong they are developing hm, giving surgeons good access to the scalp during the procedure will also mean they can install their MInd Reasing And Control (or MIRAC) device so they can sell peoples mind to advertising companies and make billions :innocent:

rxdr1

Reaction score
I don't see why the case for pessimism has to be full of conspiracies and other questionable logic. Why not say the illuminati are holding back the cure because it would make an uneven playing field in the world population where every man has hair in his 70's. In the 80's if you went bald there was no option but now I see guys holding onto their hair through propecia or rogaine. It's slow and painful progress but science is not going backwards. Just looking at some of the hair transplant threads or success stories there are a lot of people who are defying destiny. It's not perfect but it's still a lot better than it was only a short time ago. HM is something I could see making grounds in 2020 but if someone is that unhappy with being bald then a properly done FUE transplant today is much better than nothing and a lot better than the options 30 years ago. There's plenty of money to be made in this research, probably even more than anything companies make now. It's just not a convincing enough conspiracy for anyone that takes a serious look at it. The simple explanation is that science is not something you put a timeline on but people do it anyways and very often the timeline is not met and that causes disappointment but a lot of that disappointment masks at least important progress.

BenVegas01

Reaction score
As has been said before its a shame that something as promising as ARI is owned by something has dodgy as Bosley.

If it works - Does this mean that you may need to go to Bosley for a transplant to get this technology?

I just noticed in a promo video them saying something about this being supplementary to a tranplant...

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
BenVegas01 said:
As has been said before its a shame that something as promising as ARI is owned by something has dodgy as Bosley.

If it works - Does this mean that you may need to go to Bosley for a transplant to get this technology?

I just noticed in a promo video them saying something about this being supplementary to a tranplant...

If it does work, Bosley would be stupid to not do so. My guess is that it will be a fast procedure, so their infrastructure will be just enough for the big demand

I think the majority agree that all the first generation HM procedures (if they are released) will only work to increase density, so the hairline will still be necessary to be transplanted by someone skilled enough. Can you imagine having a perfect mop of hair just to be ruined by an awful Bosley hairline? :thumbdown2:

My guess is that a workaround would be having the hairline done by a competent doctor, buzzing it down for a couple of months, and then going to Bosley to increase the overall density

dimitar_berbagod

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh HELL no! I wouldn't go NEAR Bosely even with a 10 foot pole! I would NOT go to Bosely for ANYTHING PERIOD! HM or no HM, NO Bosely for me. Absolutely not.

Perhaps I'm a bit ignorant but are Bosely THAT bad??

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
adreans is surely the tortoise in the race
adreans has finished phase 2 :woot: :woot: ..................... Recruitment.
after 4 years they have finally rounded up 350 people who would want to take part in potentially getting more hair......i know i could round up that many in 4 weeks but some people are on the slow side

this would obviously postpone phase 2 by about 18 months,it was suppposed to end in early 2012, now i would be surprised if it ends by 2014
after phase 3 (which takes longer than phase 2), the FDA could be a little slow on actually approving the product
i would forecast histogen to overtake if they stopped saying "Phase I/II" which is horribly ambiguous

DavisNY

Established Member
Reaction score
300 million people in the states and they barely found 350 in 18 months?

I won't be holding my breath for these wankers