Aclaris Topical Jak Inhibitors For Treating Androgenetic Alopecia

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
study show cases who regrowed bald crown (100% male pattern baldness) with topical cyclosporine

I tried Cyclosporine 5% for 2 months ... it was useless ... Never alleviate the itch. Cyclosporine came from Lyphar Alibaba.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried Cyclosporine 5% for 2 months ... it was useless ... Never alleviate the itch. Cyclosporine came from Lyphar Alibaba.
If all the "working" drugs were effective for everybody we would all be using minoxidil right now(1st drug approved for hairloss) and we wouldn't be on this forum.
it's a fact: male pattern baldness cases had regrowth with Cyclosporine. we have to live with that : )
Btw we can always talk about the legitimacy of the drug you received (purity,..) and the vehicle you were using ..

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know but that's the part of this *** game, we have to find(wait for) the thing that works. You have receiding hairline or diffuse? I believe there is already a big difference between both , even though we know both have miniaturization(male pattern baldness. Btw 2 months on a drug is not enough to judge efficiency

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
study show cases who regrowed bald crown (100% male pattern baldness) with topical cyclosporine
Look I’m not saying that it won’t work for some people. It’s well established that inflammation is a part of Androgenetic Alopecia. It may even be that jak-stat inhibitors must work locally
On the scalp given that it’s not about systemic but follicular/scalp inflammation. On my biopsy it did state “non specific inflammation”, so although I’m a walking virus target, maybe my scalp would actually benefit from lowered immunity. I don’t know.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m sketchy on Lyphar. They claim to sell real minoxidil sulfate powder. When I asked them about it I said “is this specifically the metabolised sulfate Version? Not regular minoxidil and not minoxidil with sulfuric acid added.” I wanted to make sure. They sent me an email saying “this is genuine minoxidil sulfate” with certificates of confirmation and the chemical details, among which it stated “soluble in methanol, pg and water”. Every one of the legit chemical sites have stated that min sulfate is only soluble in water and DMSO, not pg, not methanol or ethanol. They also state that it’s a “fine white powder”. No, the sulfate version is a solid crystalline substance. Then they say “do not store in the freezer”. Wrong again. It’s extremely light sensitive and must be stored in the dark, and in a freezer. So I’m guessing that most of their sh*t is not legit. I’d say the only way to know if it’s legit is get it tested or buy from one of the reputable sites like pubchem or sigma aldrich. Sadly though they are very expensive... probably because the stuff is real.

Last edited:

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know what to think about Lyphar ... I think they're not scammers, they are just resellers, they buy from laboratories from China, like others resellers on Alibaba. I think it's the same for the "Private Forum" ... they just buy from manufacturers in China, the same resellers on Aliba use.
I really don't think Minoxidil Sulfate will help you btw.
Yeah i think I need to abandon that idea sadly. I’m thinking of trying topical phenytoin or cycloperin. How did you prepare yours?

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Phenytoin ? Don't know that.

Cyclosporine 5% - 3g for 60ml
Alcool 96% 30ml
Water 10ml
PG 15ml
DMSO 5ml

Twice a day. And nothing to report :/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9449161
This is always a problem of preparation/vehicle...
"CsA dissolved in olive oil" "At present, corn oil, castor oil and olive oil are the three most commonly used vehicles."

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Phenytoin ? Don't know that.

Cyclosporine 5% - 3g for 60ml
Alcool 96% 30ml
Water 10ml
PG 15ml
DMSO 5ml

Twice a day. And nothing to report :/
I read that it’s useless topically because it exceeds the 500 dalton “rule” for scalp skin penetration. As far as I know, it can only be used orally for hair growth, which is probably not the greatest idea given that it’s carcenogenic amongst other things.

Phenytoin is used to treat epilepsy and has a side effect of excess hair growth much like minoxidil, cyclon, pinacidil etc. Dr proctor used to produce a topical with minoxidil, spironolactone, phenytoin and a few other things in it called Prophixen that some people used to use, but I don’t think it’s made anymore. I’ve seen old threads where people discussed using it topically but I’ve not read much about its success. It may have similar issues to cyclo absorption wise.

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Georgie : That's why I used DMSO
Ok ... I didn't know about that stuff ... it would be great to know if it really works

JLC

Established Member
Reaction score

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Georgie : That's why I used DMSO
Ok ... I didn't know about that stuff ... it would be great to know if it really works
I’ve done a bit of research. Seems that people were buying pills and putting like 100mg into 60ml mjnox (crushed pills or capsules). I was thinking about trying it but to be honest I haven’t heard lots of success.

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Argan : I stopped after 2 months, it was not working at all (Cyclosporine from Lyphar)

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
First thing, is that they are only looking for 24 guinea pigs for their trial - doesnt that mean they are only on stage 2 of trials? If so, 2020 seems optimistic. If not, can they release their treatment without any further trials after this one?

Second thing, is reading this on the HL2020 site -

1. There is a possibility that this topical JAK inhibitor treatment can cause serious side effects, including cancer. At the moment, this possibility looks to be rare to nonexistent, but it is too soon to tell for sure. Of course at the slightest sign of cancers or tumor growth, clinical trials will likely be disbanded immediately by the US FDA.

I dont know if this is purely hypothetical, but if it's a concern, that's pretty worrisome imo.

R_gesus

Reaction score
First thing, is that they are only looking for 24 guinea pigs for their trial - doesnt that mean they are only on stage 2 of trials? If so, 2020 seems optimistic. If not, can they release their treatment without any further trials after this one?

Second thing, is reading this on the HL2020 site -

1. There is a possibility that this topical JAK inhibitor treatment can cause serious side effects, including cancer. At the moment, this possibility looks to be rare to nonexistent, but it is too soon to tell for sure. Of course at the slightest sign of cancers or tumor growth, clinical trials will likely be disbanded immediately by the US FDA.

I dont know if this is purely hypothetical, but if it's a concern, that's pretty worrisome imo.
According to their website they are currently in phase 2 for topical jak. I think the major worry about safety was the strong immune system suppression that jaks have, not necessarily whether they cause cancer. If they caused cancer they wouldn’t be fda approved for other uses.

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
According to their website they are currently in phase 2 for topical jak. I think the major worry about safety was the strong immune system suppression that jaks have, not necessarily whether they cause cancer. If they caused cancer they wouldn’t be fda approved for other uses.
The reason cancer is a side effect is due to immune system depression.
Due to JAKs short half-life they believe that they can do topical without worrying about any serious side effects.