Aclaris Topical Jak Inhibitors For Treating Androgenetic Alopecia

JLC

Established Member
Reaction score
Just reading this latest update on Aclaris and their soft topical JAK inhibitors for treating androgenetic alopecia that could potentially be available in 2020, under 2 years away.
https://www.hairlosscure2020.com/ac...al-data-on-Androgenetic Alopecia-by-mid-2019/
People who are excited about Jak inhibitors for Androgenetic Alopecia seem very optimistic, can someone fill me in what exactly is claimed they will be able to do against Androgenetic Alopecia? Maintain? or will they regrow lost hair on a slick bald head area?

Last edited:

JLC

Established Member
Reaction score
I've given up on Fidia and Brotzu, they took too long. So these topical JAK inhibitors might be good if they come out in a year and half's time and they can maybe keep me going until the full cure of Tsuji treatment gets fully implemented.

br1

Reaction score
"People who are excited about Jak inhibitors for Androgenetic Alopecia seem very optimistic"

People get excited about a magic potion, with no numbers no proof. Expect nothing.

charlie76761

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone who knows their stuff, know which pathway/s JAKs could influence? i believe it's well understood how it helps areata alopecia but that mechanism of action is not that relevant for Androgenetic Alopecia.

Keen to understand the science behind it.

Thanks

Reactions: JLC

JLC

Established Member
Reaction score
Here's a quoted comment on the JAK inhibitors post. As I said people seem optimistic, hopefully they're right.
This is going to be it. Forget all the cell cultures and reinjections and all of that other stuff. Its simply putting a creme on your head that somehow stops the Mechanism of Baldness, its that simple. You get all of your hair back and look like those who have never gone bald.

I might get into acting after I get my hair back. I really think we will have it available by end of 2019. Most of the Jak’s would have been FDA approved for about 5 years by then.

Its our Time. We shall get our hair back. The mechansim for creating baldness will be halted. Our hair will simply return to a grown cycle from that of being miniaturized.

Get ready we are almost there.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone who knows their stuff, know which pathway/s JAKs could influence? i believe it's well understood how it helps areata alopecia but that mechanism of action is not that relevant for Androgenetic Alopecia.

Keen to understand the science behind it.

Thanks

because male pattern baldness is an autoimmune disease?

202.gif

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quite interesting that Follica RAIN is listed in the “Immune System” section of Puretech Health’s pipeline.
even more interesting when we know ciclosporin or tacrolimus reverses hairloss.. now let's talk about safety ..

JLC

Established Member
Reaction score
Here's a quoted comment on the JAK inhibitors post. As I said people seem optimistic, hopefully they're right.

This is going to be it. Forget all the cell cultures and reinjections and all of that other stuff. Its simply putting a creme on your head that somehow stops the Mechanism of Baldness, its that simple. You get all of your hair back and look like those who have never gone bald.

I might get into acting after I get my hair back. I really think we will have it available by end of 2019. Most of the Jak’s would have been FDA approved for about 5 years by then.

Its our Time. We shall get our hair back. The mechansim for creating baldness will be halted. Our hair will simply return to a grown cycle from that of being miniaturized.

Get ready we are almost there.

Master Nasa haha. Love reading his posts. Like a salesman on drugs

more

To All, I say this it. Can’t be 100% right but THIS Time the odds probably favor us.

After 1 year of mixing potential trial lotions that must have an idea about the potential for a real product otherwise why do a Phase 2? This is a For Profit company not university backed researchers just doing tie util retirement. That’s why Aclaris moves very fast, they are actually in a Hurry (to make money).

I had backed for a while from posting trying to forget about my condition. But there is real hope, and I think think a real treatment.

The Admin is probably spot on in 2020 all of will be in a long line to get our order for a hair treatment. I’m growing my hair long for a while once I get the treatment.

Enjoy everyone, the most hope we have ever had, not false hope, but real 100% our own Natural Hair.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’d like to just interject with a little personal fact about this.

I have eosinopenia, which is a condition caused my chronically elevated cortisol levels. Eosinophils are a type of white blood celll, so it means I’m immunosuppressed. Quite a lot. Now, the eosinophils are heavily implicated in the production of T1 and T2 inflammatory cells which are activated through jak-stat signalling. Basically, I have very little immune signalling which includes jak-stat. Still got Androgenetic Alopecia, and it’s rapid. Don’t get fooled into believing that what goes for Some goes for all. Hairloss is far more intricate than that.

JLC

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone describe in laymen's terms the science behind JAK inhibitors to combat Androgenetic Alopecia?

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’d like to just interject with a little personal fact about this.

I have eosinopenia, which is a condition caused my chronically elevated cortisol levels. Eosinophils are a type of white blood celll, so it means I’m immunosuppressed. Quite a lot. Now, the eosinophils are heavily implicated in the production of T1 and T2 inflammatory cells which are activated through jak-stat signalling. Basically, I have very little immune signalling which includes jak-stat. Still got Androgenetic Alopecia, and it’s rapid. Don’t get fooled into believing that what goes for Some goes for all. Hairloss is far more intricate than that.

study show cases who regrowed bald crown (100% male pattern baldness) with topical cyclosporine