Aclaris Began Phase 2a Trials For Topical Jak Inhibitor Today - Just Fyi

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Aclaris Therapeutics announced that the first patient has been dosed in their phase 2 open-label study of ATI-502 in male and female androgenic alopecia. ATI-502 is a topical JAK inhibitor for JAK1 and JAK3. The trial will include 12 male and 12 female subjects who will receive topical applications of ATI-502 twice daily.

Dr. Stuart Shanler, Chief Scientific Officer of Aclaris, had this to say about the trial: “This trial is the first step in evaluating the potential clinical benefit of ATI-502 topical solution in treating patients with Androgenetic Alopecia, or male/female pattern baldness,This is an important step forward in understanding the clinical utility of our JAK inhibitors in patients with Androgenetic Alopecia.”

From http://www.folliclethought.com/

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
With each day passing by, my faith is erroding. Too many “so called studies & trials” & still we are left with the big three.

I need the word “launched & available in stores(pharmacy) near you” & my derma prescribing me the same.

hes-right-you-waecco.jpg

Japnicks India

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know, it’s very frustrating, but we all need some kind of hope still.

hope and false hope are two different things, i’d cry a river hugging you if you just say the word hair, infront of me.
i was never so pessimistic about any possible cure but brotzu stabbed me in the heart i guess. unless i see something legit i won’t hold any false hope.

Razor of Damocles

My Regimen
Reaction score
hope and false hope are two different things, i’d cry a river hugging you if you just say the word hair, infront of me.
i was never so pessimistic about any possible cure but brotzu stabbed me in the heart i guess. unless i see something legit i won’t hold any false hope.
I think it's important to remember how ridiculous brotzu sounded in a vacuum. Cheap, topical, cosmetic, 100% vellus hair growth or whatever. Maybe brotzu is the Kojima/Shyamalan of hair loss and he'll throw another curve ball at us with the group buy producing results, but I doubt it. The newer stuff seems more professional and realistic. Costs a ton or leads to largely maintaining your hair.
All the same, I get how you feel. I just hit the milestone of dutasteride seems to be making it worse so its time to consider really messing with my body. Estradiol, Daro, spironolactone and that stuff. Not terribly excited about that. Id really rather just rub onion juice on my head and call it good.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score

Cry me a river. Welcome to the land of negative positives. You can’t have been here that long :p

The more studies the better. One will be a success. If we’re lucky, many.

The less studies the suckier. Obviously this is fact.

I can’t believd anybody got behind brotzu in the first place.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
Someone claiming to be a dermatologist who knows something about the Aclaris study posted on another site that they expect it to hit the market in 3 - 4 years.

If it really works - that would be aokay with me. I mean I’d prefer sooner but four years is nothing.

Razor of Damocles

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, turns out I live 5 minutes from one of the recruiting centers for this trial. See if I can't get in and get some placebo juice. I noticed on the clinical trials page, treatment with other medication wasn't listed as an exclusion. Is that just assumed or am I actually potentially viable for this?

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, turns out I live 5 minutes from one of the recruiting centers for this trial. See if I can't get in and get some placebo juice. I noticed on the clinical trials page, treatment with other medication wasn't listed as an exclusion. Is that just assumed or am I actually potentially viable for this?
Worth asking

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I’m saying it with the caveat that our hair loss is completely, utterly, and permanently CURED in four years. I’d happily wear a (good) hair system or shave my head for four years if KNEW I’d be cured in 4 years.
Mate if someone said to me “the cure has been found, and you will definitely regrow ALL your hair and go back to how you were, 100% guaranteed”, I would spend 4 years with a shaved head and a big old smile on my face. I can’t even tell you how often I have fantasised about things just going back to normal, feeling happy and beautiful again. That thought is both heart breaking and wonderful for me. Sometimes I pretend like it’s not happening so that I can feel ok for a while. Too bad for me I guess. Reality comes crashing all the way back down on me when I have a shower and lose yet another 200 hairs for the day.

Javell

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not expecting good things for classic male pattern baldness, there is no visual proof of this while for AA we have plenty.
I just hope it will cure retrograde and DUPA thinning which are not even related with DHT and are more or less immune related.
I need to cure that mild DUPA to get a decent transplant.

Well I’m saying it with the caveat that our hair loss is completely, utterly, and permanently CURED in four years. I’d happily wear a (good) hair system or shave my head for four years if KNEW I’d be cured in 4 years.
Same.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
That would be great even if it only addresses DUPA or retrograde. Hadn’t thought of that possibility. Obviously hope for more but curing my retrograde would be helpful.