Aclaris Began Phase 2a Trials For Topical Jak Inhibitor Today - Just Fyi

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, but,

1) There will be variations between individuals.
2) CRON and IF are two different things and act as confounders.
3) How long were your fasts? I don't expect significant benefits unless you're going far beyond 16 hours regularly. The autophagy just barely starts at 16 hours.

I've been on Mediterranean diet since stopping CRON several years ago but do regular IF. I don't bother with anything in that regard less than solid 24hrs. About 8 times a year I do 48hr fasts. Whether 24 or 48, it's water only nothing else. But, it's really irrelevant, in my opinion, because it's all putzing around with hairloss unless you "confound" genetics.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I know haha i’m health professional.

Xeljanz works head and shoulders over every other drug orally for autoimmune alopecia, and I have read countless anecdotal accounts to attest to this on other forums. The 2% creams (liposomal vehcile - should provide optimum absorption) seem negligible effective by comparison. From what I know, xeljanz is considered a “pan” jak3 inhibitor. As you say though it has only a biological half-life of 3 hours so needs to be taken 2-3 times daily, usually at 5-10mg doses each.

I believe that there is some relation between the inflammatory process of Androgenetic Alopecia and immunosuppressive drugs. Also, there were the studies which showed that Jak-stat inhibiton resulted in the onset of anagen phase and subsequent hair growth cycle steps. Dr. Christiano’s study showed that “JAK inhibition regulates the activation of key hair follicle populations while improving the inductivity of dermal papilla cells”. So theoretically a growth stims for us with Androgenetic Alopecia.
@Georgie any update on JAKinhibs working for Androgenetic Alopecia. I've a feeling (Infact I read somewhere) that they work for Diffuse thinning. If they do, I know a source from where I can get them at a very reasonable cost (yes they're expensive in India as well, so will order generic from Bangladesh).

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Georgie any update on JAKinhibs working for Androgenetic Alopecia. I've a feeling (Infact I read somewhere) that they work for Diffuse thinning. If they do, I know a source from where I can get them at a very reasonable cost (yes they're expensive in India as well, so will order generic from Bangladesh).

I believe we're expecting 6 month results sometime this summer. Also im not sure there is a huge amount of info on the type of JAK inhibitor they're using as its slightly different from what they've been using for AA.. Someone correct me if im wrong.

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "Джорджи, пост: 1663086, участник: 133282"] Не отвечайте на то, что вас не интересует. [/ QUOTE]
have you tested hormone testosterone estradiol?

wc5269

My Regimen
Reaction score
They’re using the same drug in both their Androgenetic Alopecia and AA studies, ATI-502. Also, they’re doing a small exploratory phase 2 study right now. They’re not even using a placebo, so they’ll have to do another phase 2 if they get positive data. If it does work, we’re still 5 years away from its release. JAK inhibitors are already FDA approved for certain conditions, but they can have some pretty nasty side effects, which is why Aclaris is going the topical route.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JAK inhibitors are already FDA approved for certain conditions, but they can have some pretty nasty side effects, which is why Aclaris is going the topical route.

That and the fact that Christiano made a serendipitous discovery that topical jakinibs grew several times more hair on mice and human grafts than oral forms of the drug produced. She said they expected systemic use of the drug would naturally be more effective, but in fact the opposite was true. Topical is what we want, but she said back in 2016 that mice skin is much thinner than our's, and that whoever bought the rights to her research would have to invest some expertise in creating a topical formulation that will carry the drug to the depth of the human hair follicles and keep it there for longer than a few minutes at a time to be effective. I think Aclaris researchers will have the expertise she mentioned.

Last edited: