A wow fue + beard + bht result {Nw6 to NW1}

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
This one is for the fue naysayers. Those that say strip should be first resort and fue and bht the last.
Here's a true Norwood 6 turned to a Norwood 1 by just fue and bht. 10,000 + grafts in 2 sessions flat.

[attachment=2:191baryv]222_image168[1].gif[/attachment:191baryv]

Before pictures
[attachment=1:191baryv]12_image96[1].gif[/attachment:191baryv]
[attachment=0:191baryv]12_image97[1].gif[/attachment:191baryv]

Attachments

• 222_image168[1].gif
    222_image168[1].gif
    169.8 KB · Views: 2,624
  • 12_image96[1].gif
    12_image96[1].gif
    230.6 KB · Views: 868
  • 12_image97[1].gif
    12_image97[1].gif
    211.6 KB · Views: 1,060

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
After 10,000 grafts
[attachment=2:3uoqyk7c]12_image410[1].gif[/attachment:3uoqyk7c]
[attachment=1:3uoqyk7c]12_image411[1].gif[/attachment:3uoqyk7c]
[attachment=0:3uoqyk7c]12_image412[1].gif[/attachment:3uoqyk7c]

Attachments

• 12_image410[1].gif
    12_image410[1].gif
    250.4 KB · Views: 690
  • 12_image411[1].gif
    12_image411[1].gif
    231.9 KB · Views: 772
  • 12_image412[1].gif
    12_image412[1].gif
    234.9 KB · Views: 818

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
[attachment=2:2km2jryd]12_image413[1].gif[/attachment:2km2jryd]
[attachment=1:2km2jryd]12_image414[1].gif[/attachment:2km2jryd]
[attachment=0:2km2jryd]12_image415[1].gif[/attachment:2km2jryd]

Attachments

• 12_image413[1].gif
    12_image413[1].gif
    242.9 KB · Views: 1,067
  • 12_image414[1].gif
    12_image414[1].gif
    232.3 KB · Views: 658
  • 12_image415[1].gif
    12_image415[1].gif
    248.8 KB · Views: 540

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
[attachment=0:12wiitdy]12_image417[1].gif[/attachment:12wiitdy]

This result proves the fallacy of strip first and fue later approach. This gentleman went the fue and bht route from start to finish and acheived a serious wow result in just 2 sessions.

Now, I would like to hear what the strip faction has to say against this approach, other then the money angle.
Incidentally, since this was done by Dr. Arvind Poswal, I would say it is actually value for money considering that its cheaper than strip cost anywhere in the world.

Attachments

• 12_image417[1].gif
    12_image417[1].gif
    226.4 KB · Views: 542

s.a.f

Reaction score
In practical terms strip should still be the first choice for NW6's. Because very few Dr's are capable of doing BHT and getting good FUE results. How many people could afford 10,000+ FUE grafts?

Also I dont understand how you could get that many done in 2 sessions since guys like Feller, Cole and Rahal struggle to do much more than 1200 FUE in 1 day.

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
In practical terms strip should still be the first choice for NW6's. Because very few Dr's are capable of doing BHT and getting good FUE results. How many people could afford 10,000+ FUE grafts?

Also I dont understand how you could get that many done in 2 sessions since guys like Feller, Cole and Rahal struggle to do much more than 1200 FUE in 1 day.

That is the strangest reason I ever heard. :shakehead: If very few doctors are capable of doing fue and bht, so you advise people to get strip?! What next?!
Many more doctors can do plugs, will you next ask people to get plugs?

I dont agree that money is the issue here either. There is not that much difference between cost of strip and fue. Moreover, in today's globalised world, travelling to get the best value for money is no big deal.

BTW, 2 sessions means 2 visits (each session lasting 3 to 5 consecutive days).
Now, dont start saying people wont want to spend 4 to 5 days to get such results without strip, because thats not true either.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
Thats a truly amazing result. Its astounding how even norwood6ish people can aim for and get such transformations. :bravo:

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
I wonder how that result looks in person. Does it just look like a cluster of pubes...or does it look good in areas? I'd love to see the result up close, maybe even run my tongue over his new follicles.

Sean68

Reaction score
i thought 'the shaved look suited him' personally.

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
I would say its impressive but I think he still needs 3-4k grafts before it looks natural. My ? w/ FUE has always been if he wants to grow his hair long how will it look. I've never seen a body hair follicle grow over 1-2 inches of hair.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Wow, the after pictures are in really low light but just enough to tell that it looks like a mess.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Devender said:
s.a.f said:

That is the strangest reason I ever heard. :shakehead: If very few doctors are capable of doing fue and bht, so you advise people to get strip?! What next?!
Many more doctors can do plugs, will you next ask people to get plugs?

I dont agree that money is the issue here either. There is not that much difference between cost of strip and fue. Moreover, in today's globalised world, travelling to get the best value for money is no big deal.

BTW, 2 sessions means 2 visits (each session lasting 3 to 5 consecutive days).
Now, dont start saying people wont want to spend 4 to 5 days to get such results without strip, because thats not true either.

I think you should take note of what s.a.f is trying to say here Devender, he is being totally realistic, he has had multiple hair transplant's and was about the same norwood level as the guy you have posted, so he knows what he is talking about. Without knowing your background I would say that you come across as a little nieve, most BHT cases turn out disasterous and not many guys can afford to spend $10,000's on methods that are not as reliable as a strip, yes FUE is excellent for guys with a slight recession but when you are a NW5+ then strip and FUE is the way to go to achieve as much donor as possible but I wouldn't put BHT into the equasion.

And as for the result, I would agree that this is a great result if his pre hair transplant hair was at the same length, and the results were shown in good lighting with his hair at a similar length than pre- op (if it was at the same length) although he seemed to suit the buzz cut look quite well.

Lucky

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Wow, the after pictures are in really low light but just enough to tell that it looks like a mess.

You must be pretty shortsighted to make a comment like that. This result is a Norwood 6 turned to Norwood 1 without any strip. I wonder why you make such a strange assesment.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
Lucky_UK said:
I think you should take note of what s.a.f is trying to say here Devender, he is being totally realistic, he has had multiple hair transplant's and was about the same norwood level as the guy you have posted, so he knows what he is talking about.
Lucky

I remember reading saf's post somewhere that he cant buzzcut because he has had those strips. Otherwise, he could have looked much better.
You should take note of what Dev is saying here.
Why should we settle for strip when fue and bht can give results without the strip scars?
Its this attitude on part of some posters like you and saf that makes doctors feel that they do not need to learn fue.

And before you start talking about costs, let the people decide what they wish to pay for. No one is putting a gun to their head to make them pay. Before the strip megasessions came along, plugs were charged $20/ a plug graft. This same excuse must have been presented by the plug doctors as an excuse for not having to improve.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Rwt_Raj said:
I remember reading saf's post somewhere that he cant buzzcut because he has had those strips. Otherwise, he could have looked much better.

The reason why he cannot buzz down is because he was butchered by incompetant doctors, and to add, the yeild was poor too, most of s.a.f's donor was wasted so he was limited to how much repair work he could have done.

Rwt_Raj said:
You should take note of what Dev is saying here.
Somehow I don't think I should take note of what a newbie says, there are plenty more experienced people on these boards that offer sound advice, you don't seem to be one of them Raj.

Rwt_Raj said:
Why should we settle for strip when fue and bht can give results without the strip scars?
Please show me 50 examples of FUE and BHT results that are as good as strip, I would love to say yes, FUE completely replaces the need for strip but that is not the case, and you would be very nieve to disagree.

Rwt_Raj said:
Its this attitude on part of some posters like you and saf that makes doctors feel that they do not need to learn fue.
Don't be ridiculous, why on earth would a doctor take note of what people say on a forum? they either do FUE or they don't, I say to the doctors that are confident about FUE and BHT to prove me wrong, I would love nothing more to be able to praise them for moving forward and being able to utilise all options with a high success rate.

Rwt_Raj said:
And before you start talking about costs, let the people decide what they wish to pay for. No one is putting a gun to their head to make them pay. Before the strip megasessions came along, plugs were charged $20/ a plug graft. This same excuse must have been presented by the plug doctors as an excuse for not having to improve.

I have never stopped anyone deciding what path they want to take, but there is no way I would pay to have pubic hairs pinned to my head, the bottom line is the results looks unnatural and that's if it grows at all, if you want to cheerlead BHT, be my guest, I am not stopping you but you will find that you are part of a minority.

Reaction score
Yeah, he looks like a NW1 alright....a NW1 who is suffering from Diffused thinning.

I agree with what somebody else said. He needs more implants.

cheers...

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Lucky_UK said:
I have never stopped anyone deciding what path they want to take

Unless the doctor they have chosen is well known for poor results or unethical practices.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Lucky_UK said:
[quote="Rwt_Raj":1m68yhph]

The reason why he cannot buzz down is because he was butchered by incompetant doctors, and to add, the yeild was poor too, most of s.a.f's donor was wasted so he was limited to how much repair work he could have done.[/quote:1m68yhph]

Yes, given a second chance at this I would have still gone for strip but just with a top rated Dr from the start. For me to use FUE and BHT would have meant about a week of sitting in the chair (if thats possible to continuosly have work done like that) and the cost well I'd be talking at least 2 yrs wages! Or enough to buy a couple of brand new BMW's So thats simply not an option.

It has crossed my mind that I could still improve my situation (abit) with BHT or FUE, since my donor is now depleted but I doubt I'll ever do it.
Its only because of my situation that I'd even consider having non head hair grafted, the differing texture and limited length growth is a huge drawback.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
Rwt_Raj said:
[quote="uncomfortable man":2zegyamj]Wow, the after pictures are in really low light but just enough to tell that it looks like a mess.

You must be pretty shortsighted to make a comment like that. This result is a Norwood 6 turned to Norwood 1 without any strip. I wonder why you make such a strange assesment.[/quote:2zegyamj]

it is a huge improvement but its not really a nw1,its quite sparse in places and the crown needs filling but yea its a good result,no worse or no better than a lot of results you see.