A wow fue + beard + bht result {Nw6 to NW1}

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
Hans Gruber said:
it is a huge improvement but its not really a nw1,its quite sparse in places and the crown needs filling but yea its a good result,no worse or no better than a lot of results you see.

Yes. It could use more grafts in places. But, look at it this way -
a) its only 10,000 grafts replacing nature given 20,000 to 25,000 grafts a Norwood 6 will have lost.
b) only 3800 of these are scalp grafts. The rest are from the body and the beard. That means that on one hand, the scalp donor is not decimated, while, on the other had, its the excellent yield from the body and beard hair that is providing significant part of the coverage.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Yes, given a second chance at this I would have still gone for strip but just with a top rated Dr from the start. For me to use FUE and BHT would have meant about a week of sitting in the chair (if thats possible to continuosly have work done like that) and the cost well I'd be talking at least 2 yrs wages! Or enough to buy a couple of brand new BMW's So thats simply not an option.

I respect your choice. Money and time can play a part in the decision making.

What I want to point out is, in the correct hands, it is possible to get dramatic improvement with fue and bht as it is with strip. This case is another example that proves it.
Its not true that fue is only for small sessions. Those that wish, can complete their journey without resorting to a strip scar.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Rwt_Raj said:
What I want to point out is, in the correct hands, it is possible to get dramatic improvement with fue and bht as it is with strip. Its not true that fue is only for small sessions. Those that wish, can complete their journey without resorting to a strip scar.

Rwt_Raj said:
only 3800 of these are scalp grafts. The rest are from the body and the beard.

I just dont understand why he only used a small percentage of head hair. He could easiily have used 7000 grafts without it making the donor look too thin. If he used 3800 BHT and the rest were head hair that would make more sense and give a more natural looking head of hair. I'd rather have mostly real head hair ontop and less density in the donor than have a head full of body hair, nobody really notices the density of your donor area (apart from a few of the norwood scrutinisers on here.)

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
I just dont understand why he only used a small percentage of head hair. He could easiily have used 7000 grafts without it making the donor look too thin.

Maybe, its still work in progress!
You think 7000 fue grafts from head is regular for most people? I thought people saying only 2000 to 3000.

This is what you wrote on another thread
However with FUE obviously you cant completley deplete this area (or you'd be left with a bald strip) so you can only take a small amount from it therefore thinning it out but not to a noticible amount. Maybe 2000ish grafts.

s.a.f

Reaction score
That was 2000-3000 from the specific donor region (ie the area that strip surgeons use) but if you're talking the overall back and sides of the head then much more is possible. You can use a fair few thousand grafts from the back and sides without it being noticible if you spread the harvesting across a wide area.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
You can use a fair few thousand grafts from the back and sides without it being noticible if you spread the harvesting across a wide area.

How many thousand grafts would you say can be taken out from the scalp without it being noticeable?

s.a.f

Reaction score
It depends on the individual and their characteristics but I've seen guys have 3-4000 FUE without it being at all noticible. You could probably get much more, remember there's what 60,000+ hairs on the back and sides of the average head?? You could take 15-25% of the density without it making a cosmetic difference. And there are guys who've had 10,000+ strip without any negative impact on their appearance.
It all depends on the skill of the surgeon in deciding which grafts to extract.

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
Lucky_UK said:
[quote="Rwt_Raj":eb5ag74y]
You should take note of what Dev is saying here.
Somehow I don't think I should take note of what a newbie says, there are plenty more experienced people on these boards that offer sound advice, you don't seem to be one of them Raj.

Rwt_Raj said:
Why should we settle for strip when fue and bht can give results without the strip scars?
Please show me 50 examples of FUE and BHT results that are as good as strip, [/quote:eb5ag74y]

You come across as pretty crass and illmannered. Is it genetic or did environment play a major part in it?

I have read the sites for years and have met many former patients. I have undergone fue and bht myself. I dont mind if you still think me a newbie. Its your opinion and I hardly care what it is.

As for fue and bht results, theres plenty and those that want to read about them can search for them. I dont want to clog this thread with irrelevant talk.
But if you pester me, I will compile the results for you. Wont take me long. :)

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
It depends on the individual and their characteristics but I've seen guys have 3-4000 FUE without it being at all noticible. You could probably get much more, remember there's what 60,000+ hairs on the back and sides of the average head?? You could take 15-25% of the density without it making a cosmetic difference. And there are guys who've had 10,000+ strip without any negative impact on their appearance.
It all depends on the skill of the surgeon in deciding which grafts to extract.

Yes, I agree with these statements. It majorily depends on the individual characteristics and the doctor's ability.
Thats as true about strip as for fue.

Still assuming the full head has 40,000 follicular unit grafts, and the safe Norwood 6 donor area has 1/4th of it, i.e., 10,000... I would say taking out 35% to 40% would be the safe upper limit.
I think, in this case, the different donor hair have been expertly combined to give a very pleasant outcome.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Devender said:
Lucky_UK said:
[quote="Rwt_Raj":1i24w24r]
You should take note of what Dev is saying here.
Somehow I don't think I should take note of what a newbie says, there are plenty more experienced people on these boards that offer sound advice, you don't seem to be one of them Raj.

[quote="Rwt_Raj":1i24w24r]
Why should we settle for strip when fue and bht can give results without the strip scars?
Please show me 50 examples of FUE and BHT results that are as good as strip, [/quote:1i24w24r]

You come across as pretty crass and illmannered. Is it genetic or did environment play a major part in it?
[/quote:1i24w24r]

I have no idea if my attitude is due to genetics or because of the environment Devender, I apologise if you are offended by the way I put my veiws across, but let me ask, would you take advice from a guy with 30 posts that is just a few months out of an 'experimental' FUE / BHT or by someone who has had multiple hair transplant's and has a wide knowledge of the subject, you do not need to be a brain surgeon to work that one out my friend.

Rwt_Raj said:
I have read the sites for years and have met many former patients. I have undergone fue and bht myself. I dont mind if you still think me a newbie. Its your opinion and I hardly care what it is.

I am happy to know that you don't care for my comments, but I am entitled to them such as you, I have seen your blog and I wish you the very best, I really do hope it works out for you, but I am very skeptical of body hair transplants, and like you I have been on the boards for a while and I have seen many heated threads discussing the hype around BHT and come to my own conclusions.

Rwt_Raj said:
But if you pester me, I will compile the results for you. Wont take me long. :)

Be my guest, it will keep this thread active if you did that.

Regards

Lucky

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
Having had multiple accidents does not make a experienced/better driver. I will anyday prefer someone who learnt driving properly and had no accidents.
Similarly, its better to research well in the first place. To have had multiple bad hair transplants does not make the person's advise better.

I did my research in depth. I met former patients and I chose to go stepwise in my hair restoration. I did not jump into an experimental procedure as you seem to suggest.

Unlike some, I do not spend all my time on the forums. But, I believe I can help others the way I benefitted.
And, no. I will not fill this thread with other fue and bht results. If I decide to do so, I will start a fresh thread.

talon39

Reaction score
Am I the only one who noticed that the before and after pictures are not the same person? Notice the ear.. Where did you get these pictures Devender? I couldn't find them on Doctor A's website.

ears-1.jpg

There is no way that's the same person in both pictures.

GeminiX

Reaction score
Just found this thread, you're bang on I think Talon, different bloke in those pictures.

As Talon points out, the ear is *very* different, and it appears that the hair recovery also filled in his pierced ear, then in the pictures on the first page the brows also appear different with a different shape to the brow bossing and the deep set furrow along the forehead seems to move.

While there is obviously a difference in lighting temperature, the skin tones do not seem to match either.

talon39

Reaction score
The pictures appear to be from this thread on hairsite.

The first couple of pictures in that thread are definitely the same guy and it looks like a great result. However the darker pictures dont seem to match. The ear looks really different. Maybe it's just the angle. Weird..

GeminiX

Reaction score
Strange indeed, the first picture on the other site (with the same blue background) does indeed seem to tie them together and match up some other elements.

Either some high-tech shenanigans is afoot, or it's an unusual optical illusion.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Well that punches a big whole in the bht advocates argument. It just pisses me off that such deception is used in matters such as this. So wrong, so long.

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
Phew! I am gone a few days and you naughty guys are back spreading lies.
Did you even check out the threads on hairsite where all the pictures are loaded before you jumped up to your stupid conclusions? Most likely not.

Who in his right mind will not be able to see that both the pictures belong to the same individual?!

The forehead says it all. Look at the creases and the telltale blemishes.

12_image93.gif

12_image409.gif

The before and after pictures have been taken by different entities. Patients taking the after pictures themselves will not always have access to identical equipment, camera, lighting, background etc.

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
Avery said:
Check out this page of that thread:

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum ... nswer.html

Those are different people.

Unless he had his left ear transplanted as well.

No. Dont agree. Its slightly different angles.
If you look closely theres more neck visible behind ear in one picture then the other.
A slight difference in angle will can make such illusions.

You have to take all the other features. Only a fool will consider the before after belonging to different people. Take a look at the front face pictures.

When you go look at the thread take time to look at the extensive documentation of this patient provided at 5 month stage here http://hairtransplantcentre.blogspot.com/2007/10/dear-forum-readers-patient-th-sent-his.html
222_image41.jpg

and the 9 mth here http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-20596.html

See the forehead (does that clear up the dumb doubts?).

12_image93.gif

12_image94.gif

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
talon39 said:
The pictures appear to be from this thread on hairsite.

The first couple of pictures in that thread are definitely the same guy and it looks like a great result. However the darker pictures dont seem to match. The ear looks really different. Maybe it's just the angle. Weird..

Yes, it is the difference in angles.
You did put in a lot of effort to make the side by side pictures. Wish you had put a bit of time to see the different amount of neck visible behind the ear in the 2 pictures. That would have told you the angles are different.

When the after pictures are taken by patients, its not easy to get identical angles.
I know because I tried to get identical angles for my blog and it took me a long time taking multiple pix before I got a satisfactory similar angle.