A Study Regarding The Importance Of Personality

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I accidentally posted that early.

Also I will get one argument out of the way that I know someone will mention, the "looks can screw up attraction" point has been considered redundant by many, and I can see why.

I've seen That Guy, Polar bear, many others write about this- only looks can attract women, but personality can only screw it up, not attract.

Basically the idea being that "game" won't get you anywhere, you can only f*** up what's on a plate.

Ive thought about this a lot and still don't know what to think but that is the argument to refute what hairblues was writing, and someone else I believe.

Also I agree with the sentiment on @JohnsonDDG , Dislikes without explanation has always been a peeve of mine, but in such a hot topic of discussion on here which a lot of guys clearly feel very strongly about, that's downright low. To Dislike something like this you at least have to have the balls to give a petty reply.

I'll admit it, it completely falls in line with the black pill theory and it's an actual study.
Agreed, but in defence of my dislikes everyone knows my stance, and I doubt I have to explain my theories again.

My stance: looks matter and are a primary factor in attraction, but social skills and compatibility or also very important.

I also maintain that its better to be a 5 out of 10 looks guy who dresses well, keeps fit, has a career, hobbies, and social skills over an 8 out in 10 looks guy who lives like a loser and he is socially inept.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Although I generally prescribe to redpilled line of thought, I can attest that after spending time with certain females in my life, I have definitely developed attraction that initially was not there, or that grew stronger than it originally was. I do believe that this is a thing, and that certain personality and character traits can make someone more romantically/sexually desirable. However, I think generally they need to be a minimum of average looking for this to be a possibility

In some cases though, where a person is suddenly interested in someone they originally were not, I think it is because that person is coming to terms with the fact that they must settle, because it has become apparent that the "better option" they were hoping for is not available to them. They often won't admit it, even to themselves...."I just fell for him over time!"....I guess it sounds more romantic and makes for a better storyline for their ego

Minimum average looking/looks matched yes, otherwise that mountain is too high to climb. I mean I did mention there's no point unless you're at least around her level, and actually often a bit above, or your charisma won't matter.

With the "settling" thing I mean whatever way people want to put the semantics of this, fine, we've had enough pointless arguments on here about what makes humans behave, and second guessing their intentions and calculated options.

The end result in reality is the same, we can look at that first. The guy never would have made her settle if he didn't try in the first place.

We can view it as animal nature, an unreciproting female being stalked and hounded by her hunter until pinned down to submission and has no other option. Except in human nature its mental, not physical.

Whatever way we want to word it to make human beings sound as inherently awful as we may be (and I'm very cynical about humans overall as I've written many times before) but in this theory, the end result is the same.

Whatever her reasons for giving in, there were other factors involved, even if it was her realising a lack of options and his determination to make her see that.

But really a lot of average girls settle for average guys anyway, when any slim 5/10 girl could find many guys above their level to bang and manipulate into a relationship. There's no lack of options there, in black pill it's called "beta provider" well alright, whatever terminology you want to use, fine.

End results contradict overall thesis.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
(sorry for double posts everyone I'm on my old phone as current getting fixed and it's hell to write stuff, and the edit buttons doing nothing)

Agreed, but in defence of my dislikes everyone knows my stance, and I doubt I have to explain my theories again.

My stance: looks matter and are a primary factor in attraction, but social skills and compatibility or also very important.

I also maintain that its better to be a 5 out of 10 looks guy who dresses well, keeps fit, has a career, hobbies, and social skills over an 8 out in 10 looks guy who lives like a loser and he is socially inept.

I think if there was ever a time to explain your stance, this would be the topic.

I'm not going to pretend I agree with Bateman at all with regards to this but it is a study, it's seemingly peer reviewed, and it falls in line with something he's argued about before. He has every right to put it forth as significant, so I find a Dislike towards it really petty.

At least you've now explained something though, even if completely ignoring the topic at hand.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
(sorry for double posts everyone I'm on my old phone as current getting fixed and it's hell to write stuff, and the edit buttons doing nothing)

I think if there was ever a time to explain your stance, this would be the topic.

I'm not going to pretend I agree with Bateman at all with regards to this but it is a study, it's seemingly peer reviewed, and it falls in line with something he's argued about before. He has every right to put it forth as significant, so I find a Dislike towards it really petty.

At least you've now explained something though, even if completely ignoring the topic at hand.
The study confirms that looks are a primary element to attraction.

Is this not common sense?

Nobody, as far as I know, has ever said looks aren't important.

Some of us are just more balanced and believe that social skills and compatibility also matter.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The study confirms that looks are a primary element to attraction.

Is this not common sense?

Nobody, as far as I know, has ever said looks aren't important.

Some of us are just more balanced and believe that social skills and compatibility also matter.

I only briefly touched on this but it was in one of my patented walls of texts that nobody reads.

Yes it seems like it was based on basically a "dating video". Similar to how even decently good looking guys do sh*t on Tinder.

I mean it's pretty rare these days for people to bond over their "interests". I've felt more compatible with girls who are total opposites to the stuff I like, but in the way we could talk and express ourselves they become somewhat, shared interests. In the same way I've known girls on paper who should basically be a life partner there and then, and if really attracted to them I'd be feeling pretty damn optimistic.

However at a young age I realised this means f*** all. It doesn't matter if we have the same hobbies and interests, if there's nothing further between us then it's just things we happen to have in common, that's it.

If I saw a profile of a really hot girl who's got all of the same interests as me, seemingly compatible, she would honestly have nothing over a similarly hot girl who likes nothing I like.

What would I be judging all this on? Who's hottest. I don't know them and haven't interacted with them, I have nothing else to go on, and little else to judge by.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you people ever speak to a woman friend who is honest to herself and to you?

She will tell you that she, and her friends, like good looking guys, good looking guys, good looking guys, just as you and your male friends like good looking girls, good looking girls, good looking girls.

It is not that men are vile beasts and women are smart angels. We are all equally animal with animal instincts based on our senses.

If you want to live a life in denial and think you will land a great looking woman thanks to your talking abilities, suit yourself, let us see how far you go.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you people ever speak to a woman friend who is honest to herself and to you?

She will tell you that she, and her friends, like good looking guys, good looking guys, good looking guys, just as you and your male friends like good looking girls, good looking girls, good looking girls.

It is not that men are vile beasts and women are smart angels. We are all equally animal with animal instincts based on our senses.

If you want to live a life in denial and think you will land a great looking woman thanks to your talking abilities, suit yourself, let us see how far you go.
Problem is women go for chad. Whereas men settle for looksmatch.

Only women 27+ settle for looksmatch because its time to marry

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score

Yeah, its only looks and no other factor in the world effects attraction.;)

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Problem is women go for chad. Whereas men settle for looksmatch.

Only women 27+ settle for looksmatch because its time to marry
Hey xander whats the plan?

If you believe its only looks that matter and if you think you are unattractive then does that mean you are going to give up then as the logical next step?

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Is this in reply to me or Johnson? Both acknowledged that looks play a role (and in my opinion a large role, more important than personality in most cases).

That's a baffling post. Especially the last part, which I don't know even know what it's in response to.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this in reply to me or Johnson? Both acknowledged that looks play a role (and in my opinion a large role, more important than personality in most cases).

That's a baffling post. Especially the last part, which I don't know even know what it's in response to.
We've both said that looks matter a lot but I think they want us to say that looks are all that matter and factors such as race, class, IQ, social skills, and income do not matter at all.

I think we should just agree with them to stop the 'debate' and let them believe what they want

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
We've both said that looks matter a lot but I think they want us to say that looks are all that matter and factors such as race, class, IQ, social skills, and income do not matter at all.

I think we should just agree with them to stop the 'debate' and let them believe what they want

I often do just that but with Roberto it's too frustrating. That was a ridiculous jump in logic and glossed over everything I went to the effort of writing, which I doubt he even read, and if he did he clearly can't reply to it.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I often do just that but with Roberto it's too frustrating. That was a ridiculous jump in logic and glossed over everything I went to the effort of writing, which I doubt he even read, and if he did he clearly can't reply to it.
Nobody really listens to anyone here.

There's not many people here who have changed their opinions over the years despite numerous debates.

I've only changed a little as I was a bit more blue pilled when I joined and now I admit that looks are a lot more of an important factor.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nobody really listens to anyone here.

There's not many people here who have changed their opinions over the years despite numerous debates.

I've only changed a little as I was a bit more blue pilled when I joined and now I admit that looks are a lot more of an important factor.

I don't care to convert people but I don't expect words to be put in my mouth.

I know this is a "give it some thought" moment but I generally expected more from Roberto, or maybe I just had that in my head as he's a mod.

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i'm not dating a cunty b**ch even if she's good looking, so i assume women will also not date a douchey dick even if he's good looking. Everyone has a range of looks they operate in - if you are a 6 you don't limit your self to 6s you reach for 5-7; well someone can be a 6 in looks but personality drops them to a 5. I know this girl who is quite cute but not the traditional "supermodel" type but her personality is pretty awesome so i give her easily 1-2 points because of that. Everyone is different of course - if you are obsessed with looks (and of course we all are because we are in HairLossTalk.com) then maybe looks are the main criteria. But don't make general blanket statements claiming personality doesn't count for anything because obviously that's not true. I mean Hitler wouldn't be pulling any type of chick in Brooklyn NY, not just because of his funny mustache, but also because of his personality and the whole holocaust thing (which is a result of his personality).
Hitler would slay in NY if he was alive and hit gym bro.
8b62534bfd0718dd3556c2006b9e-did-hitler-successfully-bring-the-american-dream-to-america.jpg

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
so i assume women will also not date a douchey dick even if he's good looking.

You'd be surprised!

I agree with the overall sentiment but I can imagine the scoffing reactions to this quote, and on the surface it appears incorrect because women often have a lot of time for douchery.

It's case by case though, some women will want a nice guy and sacrifice being treated like sh*t because he's hot. That's a case where black pill is right, it's pure personality. But that kind of emotional abuse escalates, and it won't last long. Notice the high amounts of women who like the "bad boy" in their teenage years, and a decade later no longer have time to be bullshitted about.

Is that because she's settling for the beta provider? Or over time shes gotten wiser and her common sense took over from hurtful experiences.

Then there's also the less common but frequent type of woman (and men can be like this too) those that seek this out, because they are for some reason an emotional masochist. I've seen this first hand and I don't think it's rare for someone to be this mental, but what starts out as flirty cat and mouse teasing, she will escalate to planting seeds to make you angry, and when you think she's just f*****g you around to be dominant in the power struggle, it turns out that this anger from you at her, is what she seeks. They want to be abused and treated badly, they want "drama", and want to be hurt, feeling good all the time and treated good is dull.

Anyway I'm gonna make one more point about the study in OP because writing about young girls in this post and naivety towards douches reminded me-

This study was done on university students.

I mean at a time when you're constantly meeting an influx of new young people, and you're also pretty much already as naive as a high schooler, what's going to matter to you at that time? Young 8/10 chick goes to a kegger and wonders if the 6/10 across is also a philosophy major?

Heh neh breh.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This was put so well.

I don't know where this was in the thread but yes, that is concisely it.

Like I keep saying, looks can only get your foot in the door. Women have a lot of options and you won't be the best looking guy who's talked to her this month, she's going to care what you have to say.