A Study Regarding The Importance Of Personality

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The goodlooking guys of the forum often argue that it's their epic personality that gets them laid. The people who aren't top 20% of attractiveness and who females don't find attractive often argue against the importance of personality.

Today is the day this discussion can be put to an end. A few researchers have set out to answer this question once and for all.

The researchers found that women more often than men came to an agreement about the traits of potential partners. However, of all the traits examined, physical attractiveness was the only trait that predicted romantic interest.

LOOKS
O
O
K
S

Source: http://www.psypost.org/2017/03/pers...initial-romantic-attraction-study-finds-48362

18E1D335-0C9F-490C-8C6A-28A6D25C91F4-1140-00000261162F6DB6.gif

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting study. Although I can say as a guy that gets called "attractive" on here and in person, my weird as f*** personality definitely scares off a lot of potential relationships (e.g., go on a date with a girl, hook up, then never hear from her again).

I can already hear the conversations the girls have with their friends, "Yeah he was really cute but he was so f*****g weird!"

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
The goodlooking guys of the forum often argue that it's their epic personality that gets them laid. The people who aren't top 20% of attractiveness and who females don't find attractive often argue against the importance of personality.

Today is the day this discussion can be put to an end. A few researchers have set out to answer this question once and for all.

The researchers found that women more often than men came to an agreement about the traits of potential partners. However, of all the traits examined, physical attractiveness was the only trait that predicted romantic interest.

LOOKS
O
O
K
S

Source: http://www.psypost.org/2017/03/pers...initial-romantic-attraction-study-finds-48362

View attachment 57034
@Dante92 Always attacks me when I say this.

Guzam

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

LOOKS
O
O
K
S

View attachment 57034

responders were romantically interested in targets they perceived to be more attractive than themselves. That was it. Perceptions of the targets’ personality and other characteristics were not important. We also found that perceiving similarity or dissimilarity did not matter.

fuckin lol. After all, we're just like all the other animals, lookin' for big manes, big bodies and shiny colorful luscious fur for our descendants.

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
responders were romantically interested in targets they perceived to be more attractive than themselves. That was it. Perceptions of the targets’ personality and other characteristics were not important. We also found that perceiving similarity or dissimilarity did not matter.

fuckin lol. After all, we're just like all the other animals, lookin' for big manes, big bodies and shiny colorful luscious fur for our descendants.
Exactly. That's why I hate it when the guys who are already deemed attractive by women give shitty advices to guys who aren't. And are blaming the fact that these unattractive men aren't getting women on their personality. Atleast now unattractive men can find some peace in the fact that they aren't unattractive AND have a shitty personality. They're just ugly.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly. That's why I hate it when the guys who are already deemed attractive by women give shitty advices to guys who aren't. And are blaming the fact that these unattractive men aren't getting women on their personality. Atleast now unattractive men can find some peace in the fact that they aren't unattractive AND have a shitty personality. They're just ugly.
Muh personality skillz

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its a screening thing

Only after she thinks you are attractive enough does personality matter
No, the personality never matters. It's all looks.

We found that after an initial introduction (well, in our study interactions were one-sided with one person, the target, talking about themselves, and another person, the responder, listening) responders were romantically interested in targets they perceived to be more attractive than themselves. That was it. Perceptions of the targets’ personality and other characteristics were not important. We also found that perceiving similarity or dissimilarity did not matter.

Humans like to think we are above animals, but when it comes to mating we are just as primitive. What matters is having partners with high genetic quality.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
My suicide note will contain just one line - a link to that study.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I agree with you but why is @Xander94 doing poorly? he is good looking let him send you pics.

You actually I think live in same area...maybe he should send you pics.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, the personality never matters. It's all looks.

We found that after an initial introduction (well, in our study interactions were one-sided with one person, the target, talking about themselves, and another person, the responder, listening) responders were romantically interested in targets they perceived to be more attractive than themselves. That was it. Perceptions of the targets’ personality and other characteristics were not important. We also found that perceiving similarity or dissimilarity did not matter.

Humans like to think we are above animals, but when it comes to mating we are just as primitive. What matters is having partners with high genetic quality.

this is true but there are extremes.

I have turned down good looking men who I could tell were full of themselves and came off kind of like dicks.

So a bad personality CAN kill attraction.

I think for men this is true also but I think difference is men will f*** her anyway...no judgment I think its just generally different when it comes to sex/breeding in that sense.

SOME women do go with men who are good looking IN SPITE of sh*t personalities.

where the 'norm' is I dont know.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
SOME= MOST

maybe hard to say i do think a lot of people pick bad mates both male and female....but sometimes people are also good at hiding sh*t so it gets nuanced.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's pretty simple, people are most attracted to the most attractive people, but it doesn't mean they can get them, those people have far superior choices for themselves. When choices are cut down, you are forced to settle with what you find bearably attractive, and as women have so many options of guys who just want to bone them, they realise they need other factors that make them compatible with someone.

I don't know if I'm boxed in as one of these attractive guys dating as a result of being attractive, but I don't put blame on those who know their looks won't get them in the door. If you feel there's no point in trying then whatever, there probably isn't, I don't care.

I've seen too many times a guy struggle to get the attention of a female around his looks level, who wasn't initially interested, and then it happens. His looks didn't change.

Of course those same females were not initially attracted, neither would they be for a 2min long dating video such as this study implies. But over time with someone they develop feelings, "love", I'll even put it im quote marks for those cynical of the idea of someone being in "love" with someone as a result of settling.

Whatever you want to call it. Over time other factors effect our outlook on a person and how we feel about them, I've even had this myself as a simple male.

In a conversation with @WhitePolarBear he explained my young attraction to an ugly girl as "of course we get used to familiarity" or something along those lines. I think it was meant to prove me wrong but in hindsight, that's exactly my point.

We wouldn't dare get used to that familiarity if we didn't give a person the time of day.

An initial friendship or personal compatibility is what builds that.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I accidentally posted that early.

Also I will get one argument out of the way that I know someone will mention, the "looks can screw up attraction" point has been considered redundant by many, and I can see why.

I've seen That Guy, Polar bear, many others write about this- only looks can attract women, but personality can only screw it up, not attract.

Basically the idea being that "game" won't get you anywhere, you can only f*** up what's on a plate.

Ive thought about this a lot and still don't know what to think but that is the argument to refute what hairblues was writing, and someone else I believe.

Also I agree with the sentiment on @JohnsonDDG , Dislikes without explanation has always been a peeve of mine, but in such a hot topic of discussion on here which a lot of guys clearly feel very strongly about, that's downright low. To Dislike something like this you at least have to have the balls to give a petty reply.

I'll admit it, it completely falls in line with the black pill theory and it's an actual study.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's pretty simple, people are most attracted to the most attractive people, but it doesn't mean they can get them, those people have far superior choices for themselves. When choices are cut down, you are forced to settle with what you find bearably attractive, and as women have so many options of guys who just want to bone them, they realise they need other factors that make them compatible with someone.

I don't know if I'm boxed in as one of these attractive guys dating as a result of being attractive, but I don't put blame on those who know their looks won't get them in the door. If you feel there's no point in trying then whatever, there probably isn't, I don't care.

I've seen too many times a guy struggle to get the attention of a female around his looks level, who wasn't initially interested, and then it happens. His looks didn't change.

Of course those same females were not initially attracted, neither would they be for a 2min long dating video such as this study implies. But over time with someone they develop feelings, "love", I'll even put it im quote marks for those cynical of the idea of someone being in "love" with someone as a result of settling.

Whatever you want to call it. Over time other factors effect our outlook on a person and how we feel about them, I've even had this myself as a simple male.

In a conversation with @WhitePolarBear he explained my young attraction to an ugly girl as "of course we get used to familiarity" or something along those lines. I think it was meant to prove me wrong but in hindsight, that's exactly my point.

We wouldn't dare get used to that familiarity if we didn't give a person the time of day.

An initial friendship or personal compatibility is what builds that.

I accidentally posted that early.

Also I will get one argument out of the way that I know someone will mention, the "looks can screw up attraction" point has been considered redundant by many, and I can see why.

I've seen That Guy, Polar bear, many others write about this- only looks can attract women, but personality can only screw it up, not attract.

Basically the idea being that "game" won't get you anywhere, you can only f*** up what's on a plate.

Ive thought about this a lot and still don't know what to think but that is the argument to refute what hairblues was writing, and someone else I believe.

Also I agree with the sentiment on @JohnsonDDG , Dislikes without explanation has always been a peeve of mine, but in such a hot topic of discussion on here which a lot of guys clearly feel very strongly about, that's downright low. To Dislike something like this you at least have to have the balls to give a petty reply.

I'll admit it, it completely falls in line with the black pill theory and it's an actual study.

Although I generally prescribe to redpilled line of thought, I can attest that after spending time with certain females in my life, I have definitely developed attraction that initially was not there, or that grew stronger than it originally was. I do believe that this is a thing, and that certain personality and character traits can make someone more romantically/sexually desirable. However, I think generally they need to be a minimum of average looking for this to be a possibility

In some cases though, where a person is suddenly interested in someone they originally were not, I think it is because that person is coming to terms with the fact that they must settle, because it has become apparent that the "better option" they were hoping for is not available to them. They often won't admit it, even to themselves...."I just fell for him over time!"....I guess it sounds more romantic and makes for a better storyline for their ego