A&G Hair Complex-Growth factors/proteins etc(stem cell tech)

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just a head's up.
I wouldn't trust any new posters getting great results from A&G. They probably work for the company. If trusted posters get good results, awesome, but the company apparently has a history of posting great reviews on websites.
From a review of another A&G product:
"I hate the packaging, $199 for 0.6oz is too expensive, some people find the smell off-putting, the ingredients list is uninformative and the marketing department has got right up my nose (posing as consumers to post comments on websites is pathetic). Despite all of that, I have to say that A&G Skin Solutions Active Serum is extraordinarily effective."
So, the reviewer likes the product, but confirms that the company "poses as consumers" to post on sites.
Heads up.

Jacob

Reaction score
As far as I can tell..there was one person who seemed to have posted twice, using the same email- different nicks. It would have been nice to have gotten a response from that person..to see what explanation/excuse she had.

I think the mods here and everywhere will be looking at the IP's etc. They are not a big company..and multiple posts from the same area should be questionable.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think there are enough experienced poster trying it that we will know from what they write. Baccy... Lucy... They're out there.
I would consider myself potentially suspect if I didn't know that I'm not in CA working for A&G. I've only been around for a couple of months...
I just think that in the hairloss game, sketchy marketing is the norm, not the exception.

MDbaldeagle

Reaction score
the write up done by "WILLIAM" who was part of the trial for AGHC saw "noticeable" regrowth in 17 days.

Anybody on their 3rd week of this? (21 days)

Brunz19

Reaction score
Sorry guys, I'm waiting for my replacement vial to come in before shaving down and trying the product out. I know I look suspect, but I will definitely post my success or lack there of when the time comes. I see this product seems to be getting lots of flack from you guys. When I initially read the ingredients, they seemed pretty similar to that of Histogens ReGenica. I thought Histogen was garnering positive view points from you guys? Don't they both use cultured human fibroblasts from newborns? Which means they both probably got their stem cells from circumcised foreskins? If anything, I have high hopes that this product will help keep and drastically improve the hair I already have. I wouldn't mind shelling out 200 (250 Canadian) a year for something that does that.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Brunz19 said:
Sorry guys, I'm waiting for my replacement vial to come in before shaving down and trying the product out. I know I look suspect, but I will definitely post my success or lack there of when the time comes. I see this product seems to be getting lots of flack from you guys. When I initially read the ingredients, they seemed pretty similar to that of Histogens ReGenica. I thought Histogen was garnering positive view points from you guys? Don't they both use cultured human fibroblasts from newborns? Which means they both probably got their stem cells from circumcised foreskins? If anything, I have high hopes that this product will help keep and drastically improve the hair I already have. I wouldn't mind shelling out 200 (250 Canadian) a year for something that does that.

If it really worked, $200 a year is nothing for that quality of life improvement. I mean, maintain everything you've got and possible regrow? $200 is nothing.
If you took before/after pics, that would help...

Avery

Established Member
Reaction score
I drop $200 a month if it gave me hair, and I wouldn't lose a minute of sleep over it.

Jacob

Reaction score
Avery said:
I drop $200 a month if it gave me hair, and I wouldn't lose a minute of sleep over it.

If it gave you hair in the wrong places you would. :woot:

lucy923

Established Member
Reaction score
Well guys I started mine on March 31st and applied my 6th application today and have 1 1/2 vials left so I should finish up this week. I am on day 11 right now and if anything it seems as if I have shedded some as I am a little thinner than the start I believe but nothing drastic. My scalp does however seem in great overall shape now and I have been getting a warm tingling for several hours after application. I am a little worried though regarding the massaging method I am doing. I am a norwood 1.5-2 with minor diffuse thinning that is only noticeable when wet and I am worried I am gettting too much into my hair. I am applying and then massaging for 5-8 minutes almost as if I am shampooing my hair in small circular motions and I hope this is not wrong. Anyways if I am going to start noticing results it should be within a couple weeks so I will keep everyone posted. :punk:

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to contact the company and find any information? I want to write them to see how exactly this product works.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I've read enough posts from the doctor on the other forum that I don't expect results at all.
Whats annoying is that they asked people to stop other treatments, so in addition to taking their money, they're going to have less hair.
Maybe we can report their claims to the FDA and get them shut down.

Whoop

Established Member
Reaction score
ClayShaw said:
Honestly, I've read enough posts from the doctor on the other forum that I don't expect results at all.
Whats annoying is that they asked people to stop other treatments, so in addition to taking their money, they're going to have less hair.
Maybe we can report their claims to the FDA and get them shut down.

Yeah, that would be a great idea! Getting the FDA to shut down a product that none of us knows the potention of!

Baldies are getting cannibalistic these days, sheesh!

Baccy

Reaction score
Ironically, I personally believe that the FDA will shut them down if people begin to HAVE results. They'll try to classify it as a drug. Basically, we don't know which particular drug companies the FDA are sleeping with but you can probably guarantee that they haven't taken a vow of celibacy.

It's a corrupt world out there.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
To clarify, when I said notify the FDA, I did not mean that I intend to do this now. If, a few months down the line, it turns out that a company has asked people to stop using treatments (thus insuring they will lose hair) and stolen $200 from them, sending a little letter to the FDA would be sweet revenge.
Rassman, from baldingblog, has the same idea:

I looked at the A & G Hair Complex product’s website and I am not impressed at all. For starters, there are photography problems (it appears to be one patient, small photos, and no information about what other treatments were being used at the time). Plus, there is no science here to support their claims based on the ingredients they list. I wonder if the FDA was aware of the claims made, would this product still be on the market? From what little information is available, it seems that this is a once a year treatment for $200 (or is it a once a lifetime treatment?). They include a bar graph that is apparently from a study — but who conducted the study, where was it published, and how long was the study? It reeks of snake oil, and as a skeptic, you can assume where I’d file this product under.

Baccy

Reaction score
Opinions do vary on this product but only time will tell.

Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Rassman got conflicting interests with anything other than Propecia and Rogaine?

The studies performed with AGHC are NOT FDA studies.
FDA studies would cost millions and take 5 years at least and push the product price up considerably.

I can understand the reasons for the doctors involved in AGHC to be a bit cagey about both ingredients and effects of treatment. As I've said, the FDA are corrupt bastards and the slightest whiff of drug-like effects and they'll want their palms greasing with silver.

I'm neither slamming nor condoning this product at this time. All I'm saying is that I can understand most of the doctor's actions up to this point.

I personally believe this product will either sink or swim based on it's own merit.

The marketing DOES look distinctly dodgy but their true sales will come by word of mouth, IF it's effective.