A final attempt

The Far Side

Established Member
Reaction score
The End

So after 9-10 months side effect free on finasteride I am coming to the end of the road due to the recent onset of sides. Twice in the last month I experienced a “nipple chaffing†feeling most commonly experienced by people who do lots of long distance running, which I hadn’t been doing. This drew my attention to the way things looked and I had the suspicion that gynecomastia was developing. Things were complicated by some recent weight gain, but I am far from overweight. A trip to the GP led to them confirming that in their opinion gyno is forming.

The sensible thing is obviously to stop taking finasteride…

I am incredibly disappointed, bitter and pissed off at the moment. I was well on my way to a “success story†and now I have to watch as that progress disappears before my eyes. For the first time I felt like I had an element of control over this, and now I suddenly have no options. I’m back to being resigned to a life of being treated differently (worse) personally and professionally. Needless to say if I looked at all decent with a shaved head I wouldn’t have made these efforts. I have a terrible head shape, weak jawline and weak facial features. Maybe with all the mega compensating balding people are just supposed to do I might manage to be on par with the ugliest, laziest and thickest people who have hair. I’ve had noticeable hairloss since I was 16 years old, absolutely disgusted.

As far as practical steps go I guess I will drop down to 1.25 mg EOD with a view to stopping finasteride and combine that with an attempt at rapid cutting down to single digit body fat. All I can hope for is that in the period before I drop off finasteride completely I get a miracle recovery from the beginnings of gyno and can put it down to fat or decide that finasteride EOD is viable.

Basically though – it’s over. I have no motivation to carry on with minoxidil or keto shampoos either. In fact this has killed my motivation for every aspect of my life in general.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Damn dude, that sucks big time. That is one of my biggest fears. I imagine I would have the same reaction as you are having. I hate when people throw RU around, but have you thought about possibly using that? You have had some really good success, it will be a shame to lose it all. Sorry man.

The Far Side

Established Member
Reaction score
Damn dude, that sucks big time. That is one of my biggest fears. I imagine I would have the same reaction as you are having. I hate when people throw RU around, but have you thought about possibly using that? You have had some really good success, it will be a shame to lose it all. Sorry man.

I think it is too expensive and too much of a hassle (issues with suppliers such as quality and availability etc.). The RU hype seems to have died down and I don’t see any documented stories of people maintaining finasteride results with RU. The unknown safety profile is another issue – I was never even keen on taking finasteride.

Bleh…

I guess I’m looking for a miracle during the weaning off finasteride phase, gonna try EOD for at least a week or two

jackakastones

Reaction score
The Far Side,

Did you continue on with finasteride EOD? Sorry to hear about the side effects after such a long time. How'd it go for you?

Supertramp

Reaction score
Hey, man. Don't give up, there may be ways around this. You could try decreasing your Finasteride dosage?

With whatever you do, I hope it works out for you, bud!

Anonymous99

Established Member
Reaction score
Is there any particular reason as to why you stopped topical spironolactone? Mate I'm on the same f*cking boat as you. I had a full beard at the age of 15 and reached maximum height to a similar age to yours. Now I always get comments about how thin my hair is and you can see through my scalp, it's an absolute pisstake. It saddens me that I'm going to have to go into uni with no hair. But yes please do answer my question as to why you stopped using topical spironolactone, would help a lot mate, cheers