A final attempt

The Far Side

Established Member
Reaction score
My male pattern baldness

I always had a haircut like a member of the Beatles until the age of 15/16 where I noticed that the fringe was becoming thin and I could start seeing forhead through the fringe around the temple areas. I shaved my hair short and then over the next year and a half I lost an inch across my whole hairline, perhaps more at the temples. We're talking something like a Norwood 3 by the age of 17, considering I had always had long hair etc. and no one else at school seemed to be dealing with this at such an early age it was incredibly ****ty. I also started puberty a couple of years earlier than my peers and reached my maximum height when I was something like 13. In addition to this I had body hair earlier than my peers (hairy arms, legs etc.) and ended up being very hairy. I don't know if any of that stuff is relevant but I think some of it might have played a part in male pattern baldness hitting me so early.

Things slowed down after that, but I was obviously far from happy. I haven't been happy with my appearance since that early recession when I was 16/17. When I was something like 22 I tried liquid minoxidil to see if I could get any frontal regrowth. I hadn't looked at hair loss websites etc. so I wasn't very knowledgeable about treatments. I got some peach fuzz regrowth within the first couple of months but I gave up because of sides (bad skin irritation, sore eyes). I "gave up" on treatments at that point for a few years, which brings us up to date.

My hairline hasn't got much worse, I would call it a Norwood 3A now at 26, but I have some diffuse thinning on top now, including the crown.

Another attempt

Having read a bit more about treatments etc. from sites such as HairLossTalk.com I decided I would have one last shot at trying to improve my hairline. I decided I would go for a fairly "kitchen sink" topical approach and then if I got any encouraging regrowth I would give serious consideration to finasteride at that point. I've always been of the opinion that (for me) once the front receeded to be "all forehead" (like it basically is) that I didn't really give a damn about the crown etc. and I would just be shaving the hair, which I have been doing since my early 20s. This plus the thought of sides and possible frontal hairline shedding/worsening made me hold off with finasteride initially.

Regimen

The topicals are being applied after a shower in the morning and then again in the evening after a quick rinse in the sink. I tried to space the usage out evenly (12 hours) rather than after getting up and before going to bed, which would be more like a 13-14 and 8 hour gap.

5% Rogaine minoxidil foam 2x daily (18th November 2013 - )
Applied to the front hairline and temple points

Regenepure DR (1% Keto) shampoo every 2-3 days (10th February 2014 - )
Left in ~5 mins before rinsing

Propecia Finasteride 1mg daily (23rd June 2014 - )
Taken in the morning

Discontinued Treatments

Spironolactone S5 cream 2x daily (18th November 2013 - 23rd July 2014)
Applied to the same areas as the minoxidil, 30 mins afterwards

Revivogen scalp therapy 1x daily (18th November 2013 - ~August 2014)
Applied to the same areas, 3 hours after the morning spironolactone application
*09/4/2014 update* - only applying to temples now, due to the oilyness possibly causing breakouts

Pictures

Baseline
I wanted to take all my pictures in natural light. Unfortunately in November in Scotland it was really dark even at lunchtime, so they had to be taken indoors. I'm not very happy with the way these pictures turned out, but it's better than nothing
front.jpgleft.jpgright.jpgtop.jpg

3 months
These ones were taken in natural light, which is the plan for all subsequent photos. I'm not trying to decieve with the lighting change, if anything natural light should make the hair look worse, right? :)Any angle changes were also unintentional but I think the photos will improve from now on
front3monthsPixelJPG.jpgleft3monthsPixelJPG.jpgright3monthsPixelJPG.jpgtop3monthsPixelJPG.jpg

6 months
Taken with the same natural lighting as before, with much longer hair. I tried to pin the hair back with a hairband to show the hairline, but I don't know how useful these pictures will be.

9 Months
Same length as baseline and 3 months. Same lighting as 3 and 6 months

12 Months
Natural lighting again, same time of day

15 Months
Same conditions

Sides

Minoxidil:
some skin irritation (nothing compared to before, it's actually less itchy than the rest of my scalp - just a bit red), sore eyes (not sure), a couple of headaches (not sure)
spironolactone:
Temporary skin colour changes/staining. Deep orange with tints of yellow which remained for 3-4 days after last S5 use http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...onolactone-since-February-What-the-hell/page2
Revivogen:
some skin irritation, I think all the fatty/oily stuff has caused some breakouts (spots)
Regenepure:
some skin irritation (top of ears, shoulders etc. where it must have been in contact - I'll try to avoid this)
Finasteride: Gynocomastia after 10 months side effect free

My Thoughts

3 Months: I feel that I have had some improvement by the 3 month mark. There has been marked terminal regrowth at both temple points, particularly my left one. There has been some decent terminal regrowth in the center of the front hairline. The temples have filled up with lots of pigmented vellus hairs down to what I presume was the juvenile hairline, this isn't too easy to pick up in pictures. There are a few (5-10 one side, 15-20 the other) terminal hairs among those vellus areas. The left temple has been improved due to a handful of terminal hairs forming next to the existing hairline, causing it to move forward a bit. The regrowth I've had from minoxidil has been an improvement in every area I applied it compared to my attempts with liquid Rogaine ~4 years ago. This includes areas that have been "bald" for longer. That suggests one of the additional treatments is helping, I couldn't say which one...

I'm currently giving the "serious consideration" I mentioned to finasteride. I consider the 3 month results encouraging enough to think seriously about trying finasteride. I was 99% sure last week I was going to make a GP appointment with the aim of starting finasteride. I then read a few more of those stories where people complained that finasteride damaged their front hairline, which as I said is the main thing I care about. The diffuse thinning will need to be tackled soon regardless, so I'm still leaning towards trying finasteride sooner rather than later. Unfortunately the topic I started on the Antiandrogen forum in an attempt to spark up some new discussion about finasteride and the hairline didn't get any responses :/ http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...asteride-and-the-front-hairline-AGAIN-(sorry)

It may be total broscience, but the fact I have such an abudance of thick body hair gives me some hope that I might respond well to finasteride. I could be unlucky and have average/low DHT levels and be very receptive on both my head and body, but perhaps I have quite high DHT levels which contributes to both the body hair and the male pattern baldness? I'd be half satisfied if finasteride just cut back some of the bothersome body hair to be honest.

6 Months: I have some decent terminal regrowth at the hairline towards the top of each temple, which I feel has effectively brought the hairline forward a bit in those areas. It's more of a straight line going up the side burn, through the temple point and up to where the side hair meets the top, rather than a dramatic cut inwards near the top. The vellus-terminal growth all over the temples has continued to improve too, with the hair becoming thicker, more pigmented and longer. The amount of hair in those areas has also increased overall. I was too focused on slick areas in the center of the temple and the prospect of regrowth happening there to notice immediately that such progress was being made right at the hairline. These pictures also show how much the crown is in need of some attention too. Another thing they show is hairloss/thinning above/behind the ears (particularly on one side). I've had an intense 'male pattern baldness itch' above the ears for years...

I didn't grow the hair longer in an attempt to deceive people with "results", I just have some events coming up in the summer that I'd feel more comfortable at with a half-assed attempt at having some hair, rather than the shaved head I usually sport lately. I don't plan to keep longer hair. I'll be able to deal better with an initial finasteride shed having my hair shaved short, and it makes topicals go a lot further too. It's been 6 months though, I promised pics and here they are - whether they are useful or not is debatable, but I feel I've made progress from month 3>6.

9 Months: Here are pictures taken today (17 August 2014), which mark 9 months since I started using minoxidil, keto shampoo etc. I will reach 2 months of finasteride usage on the 23rd of August. Since my 6 month update I have stopped using topical spironolactone due to sides about which I still await an answer from the admin of HairLossTalk.com ( http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...onolactone-since-February-What-the-hell/page2 ). I'm also coming to the end of my Revivogen and considering discontinuing its use. I have been applying it only to one temple for several months in an attempt to see if it is doing anything beneficial. As far as benefit is concerned I'm still undecided (I think it might be helping a bit) and it is the biggest hassle to maintain in my regimen at the moment.

I had 4-5 weeks of intense shedding when I started finasteride, and I feel that my progress has taken a massive hit as a result. I feel like I'm close to baseline, and in a much worse spot than my 6/7month update pictures. I feel that the shedding has now decreased again, down to minimal levels. All I can do for the moment is continue with my regimen. I've experienced no side effects from finasteride and plan to continue with it. I had a look at some of the success stories on here again and remind myself that even in the best success stories people got worse after starting finasteride before making progress. Obviously I'm far from happy with the situation at the moment. I've had no relief in terms of scalp itching etc. and no signs that finasteride is doing anything apart from shedding...

I probably won't be shaving my hair short again for some time (for professional reasons mainly) unless I lose even more ground, but I will continue to document my progress (or lack of progress). The next update will be for 1 year in November, and it will mark 5 months of finasteride. If there are any big changes prior to that I'll post here, other than that I'll try not to obsess about things for another 3 months.

12 Months: I've been using finasteride for 5 months now. Things got worse after about a month and remained that way for another couple of months. Recently I felt like I was similar to baseline and very little was happening, the results were underwhelming. I feel like I have made some progress recently, particularly the crown and frontal thickness behind the hairline.

- Discontinued Revivogen (can't see any results from it, expensive)
- I started using Toppik shampoo between keto days and I think it is very effective in terms of making the hair look better
- Struggling to get hold of Regenepure reliably and for a fair price, I'm looking for a more readily available SLS free keto shampoo, I would welcome some suggestions

15 Months: I haven’t noticed any particular change since my previous update. In terms of sides, the situation is also the same (none). I will be continuing with this regimen and the next update will be in 3 months. I have had increasing difficulty obtaining Regenepure DR in the UK so I’m going to have to try Revita.

~17 Months - The End: So after 9-10 months side effect free on finasteride I am coming to the end of the road due to the recent onset of sides. Twice in the last month I experienced a “nipple chaffing†feeling most commonly experienced by people who do lots of long distance running, which I hadn’t been doing. This drew my attention to the way things looked and I had the suspicion that gynecomastia was developing. Things were complicated by some recent weight gain, but I am far from overweight. A trip to the GP led to them confirming that in their opinion gyno is forming.

The sensible thing is obviously to stop taking finasteride…

I am incredibly disappointed, bitter and pissed off at the moment. I was well on my way to a “success story†and now I have to watch as that progress disappears before my eyes. For the first time I felt like I had an element of control over this, and now I suddenly have no options. I’m back to being resigned to a life of being treated differently (worse) personally and professionally. Needless to say if I looked at all decent with a shaved head I wouldn’t have made these efforts. I have a terrible head shape, weak jawline and weak facial features. Maybe with all the mega compensating balding people are just supposed to do I might manage to be on par with the ugliest, laziest and thickest people who have hair. I’ve had noticeable hairloss since I was 16 years old, absolutely disgusted.

As far as practical steps go I guess I will drop down to 1.25 mg EOD with a view to stopping finasteride and combine that with an attempt at rapid cutting down to single digit body fat. All I can hope for is that in the period before I drop off finasteride completely I get a miracle recovery from the beginnings of gyno and can put it down to fat or decide that finasteride EOD is viable.

Basically though – it’s over. I have no motivation to carry on with minoxidil or keto shampoos either. In fact this has killed my motivation for every aspect of my life in general.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Those results really look quite good, so congrats! I'd call that a success story already, and it's still early days! I think that you having body hair means that you will be less susceptible to finasteride sides,l which may be experienced by people with low or borderline testosterone levels. Hope time and addition of finasteride can restore your hair to a level you're happier with, but already, thise results are very noicable!

The Far Side

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the encouraging replies. I'll reply to the thread if anything changes (such as starting finasteride or dermarolling), or to answer questions. Otherwise next up will be 6 month photos. I just need to work out how to get around the 8 image limitation so I can add them to the original post.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
You are especially fortunate to achieve any such gains in the short time span as you did and at a relatively inexpensive cost to boot.:wow: Yes there is a correlation between hairier men and hair loss. Hairier men do experience hair loss/ male pattern baldness at a significantly greater rate than men with less superfluous body hair. Naturally this is not an absolute science, so I cannot throw you a ratio this moment. I will clarify rather rhetorically that this is not to suggest all "hairy men" will bald and all " hairy less men" will not bald at all. Happy to hear of your success and thanks for the conscientious degree of detail you put in your story. Please keep sharing.:)

- - - Updated - - -

My statement is erroneous . Please disregard it and accept my humblest apologies. I am calling myself out on this careless blunder. The fact is there is no known scientific correlation between hairy/hirsute men and hair loss. To date the only fact is that the two (hair loss and body hair) are linked to genetic factors. Both are certainly genetic traits however, hair loss or Androgenetic Alopecia is classified as a disease whereas "excessive' body hair' so far only a genetic characteristic ,but don't my word for it:shakehead: Forever do your own research and never stop finding your own answers.
You are especially fortunate to achieve any such gains in the short time span as you did and at a relatively inexpensive cost to boot.:wow: Yes there is a correlation between hairier men and hair loss. Hairier men do experience hair loss/ male pattern baldness at a significantly greater rate than men with less superfluous body hair. Naturally this is not an absolute science, so I cannot throw you a ratio this moment. I will clarify rather rhetorically that this is not to suggest all "hairy men" will bald and all " hairy less men" will not bald at all. Happy to hear of your success and thanks for the conscientious degree of detail you put in your story. Please keep sharing.:)

The Far Side

Established Member
Reaction score
Well the only stuff I was going on was the fact that one of the more common finasteride side effects was a reduction in body hair (less dense, longer to grow in etc.) and the logic behind it seemingly being that DHT is partly responsible for making body hair grow. That plus some annecdotes such as people saying their doctor told them "being hairy" is a positive indication that they could react well to finasteride (in terms of helping their male pattern baldness). Stuff like this from the wikipedia (I know, I know) for DHT talking about it's significance (and the effect of lacking it).

Their musculature develops like that of other male adults. After puberty, men with this condition have a large deficiency of pubic and body hair, and no incidence of male pattern baldness.

As far as being especially fortunate goes I guess it's all relative. I think Cristiano Ronaldo is especially fortunate for being a NW0 plus rich and famous because he is good at kicking a ball. Reading that only 50% of people are affected by male pattern baldness by the age of 50 I find it hard to feel fortunate where my hair is concerned, but if I respond well to treatments I'll take it (and be thankful for the other things I'm fortunate for). I used to have to get my hair cut almost weekly because it grew so quickly. I'd visit the hair dressers and they'd always remark it looked like I hadn't had my hair cut for months. Perhaps that's a factor in me getting a quick response from treatments. I had vellus fuzz from minoxidil within 10 days or something like that.

I had a quick attempt at capturing some of the vellus hair in pictures but its difficult. From any kind of distance it just looks like I have a darker forehead in these vellus areas. The 3rd picture is the front taken from above under a light.

vellus3months1.jpgvellus3months2.jpgvellus3months3.jpg

I'll try to avoid looking at my hairline every 15 minutes for another few months now, easier said than done though.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Hey friend allow me to take a turn on the soap box. I been balding not for years but rather for nearly 2 decades. To date no medication under the sun has demonstrated any positive effects for me. And I have tried them all. It's a mistake to compare our stories/experience when the sobering reality is that no one knows a damn how it feels to brood in another dudes skin. I was referring to the progress you seem to have achieved so quickly not your hair loss experience. All the best.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had the opposite result with finasteride. My eyebrows are thicker and my arms are getting hairier. DHT must have been inhibiting body hair growth as well as scalp hair growth in me, everyone's different though.

Nobody who starts to go bald before 50 (or in some unlucky people, before 30 or even 20) considers themselves lucky, but in responding well, and having access to the medications that regrow your hair, at least there you are lucky. 20 years ago men didn't have this option. And today there are many men who are given bad advice and told there's nothing they can do about it, and others who simply don't have access to medication. So yeah, it's all relative, just be grateful that you're responding well to your medications and regrowing hair at pretty fast rate.

I'd up your rep ID, but apparantly I have to spread it around more before upping you again! Some much needed perspective, sounds liek you've had it rough, but you're a positive dude, much respect.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Thanx Golden, We are all fighting the same war more or less it's just that some of us have done more tours than others. I'm honored to have you and so many other capable warriors fighting in the same trenches as me. Don't worry about my rep. although I appreciate the gesture your energy is more valuable here on the battlefield! :)

The Far Side

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I got the go-ahead from my GP for a Propecia (Finasteride) prescription, which I was a little surprised about. The only thing stopping me now was my desire to get a variety of blood tests done prior to giving finasteride a go. I read through the various topics about blood testing in the UK including the latest one talking about "free NHS walk-in-clinics" but I haven't been able to find anything like that in Glasgow. There are 2 private hospitals in Glasgow, which is the route my GP recommended, but from what I can see it's going to cost a bomb (£500+ !?). So this is the stumbling block at the moment while I look for blood test options. Online based blood test stuff (where they send you a kit etc.) apparantly wouldn't be considered legitimate by a doctor.

The Far Side

Established Member
Reaction score
It will be time for a 6 month update in a couple of weeks. I've grown my hair a bit longer recently since I was going to some weddings etc. and would rather make a half assed attempt at having some hair than turn up with a skinhead. I'll take the 6 month pictures with the hair pinned back, what use they'll be - I'm not sure. As soon as I revert to the same cut (number 1) as the baseline and 3 month pictures then I'll take some updated photos (maybe around month 7 - late June) which should be more useful than the 6 month ones.

I said months ago I was ready to try finasteride having been encouraged by the results on the hairline from my topical regimen. The hold up has been blood tests I wanted prior to starting finasteride. My doctor was happy to prescribe finasteride (as his first *ever* patient asking for it to treat male pattern baldness) but has been giving me the runaround when it comes to doing me a referal for private blood tests (that I'd be paying for). Other than that I have continued with the regimen and I recently got another pair of daytime and night 3 month spironolactone tubs, the previous ones having lasted nearly 6 months. I've been using Revivogen more sparingly lately since I still feel it is causing spots. I'm still using it every day, but exclusively on the temples (rather than the center of the hairline, temple points etc.)

The vellus regrowth I quickly achieved has continued to progress. I've attached a picture of the right temple which used to be bare. I think you'll be able to recognise the regrowth. It has gone beyond 'peach fuzz', and doesn't seem to be limited in terms of how long it can grow (like previous vellus hair was). From a distance it just looks like a shadow on my temples or something though, rather than hair or a hairline as such. It's still encouraging regardless, especially considering I read posts on here from people talking about using minoxidil for 7-8+ months and seeing nothing.

9may2014_right_temple.jpg

The Far Side

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just updated the original post with 6 month photos + my thoughts on progress at 6 months. The 8 attachment limit thing was a pita and I had to use some tags etc. + make my own thumbnails to get things looking similar to the first 2 sets of pictures (clickable thumbnails which link to big pictures). These pictures are stored off the HairLossTalk.com site too, but I hope it will be okay (I have backups if the links go dead some time in the future). The hair is longer as I discussed in the previous post, so these ones might not be very useful. Nevertheless I'm moderately encouraged by the progress I feel has been made at this stage, and I'm planning for better pictures in ~6 weeks time with the hair as short as the baseline and 3 month sets.

Da Crow

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just updated the original post with 6 month photos + my thoughts on progress at 6 months. The 8 attachment limit thing was a pita and I had to use some tags etc. + make my own thumbnails to get things looking similar to the first 2 sets of pictures (clickable thumbnails which link to big pictures). These pictures are stored off the HairLossTalk.com site too, but I hope it will be okay (I have backups if the links go dead some time in the future). The hair is longer as I discussed in the previous post, so these ones might not be very useful. Nevertheless I'm moderately encouraged by the progress I feel has been made at this stage, and I'm planning for better pictures in ~6 weeks time with the hair as short as the baseline and 3 month sets.

Couldn't help but notice, your face get fuller and rounder, slackin on the exercise a bit? ;)

Kool results so far

The Far Side

Established Member
Reaction score
I guess so, I was probably too thin when the 1st pics were taken.

Fermat

Reaction score
I sort of agree with the correlation to body hair and baldness, my ex has very little to no body hair and doesn't grow facial hair at 21, yet has the thickest hairline ive ever seen (even thicker than any girls ive seen). My housemate & dad are similar. Obviously there's still hair men out there who contradict this, but when I look at the bigger picture... There's a definite correlation! Anyway, just my observations.

On topic, I have to wonder if the improvement you are seeing is only from the minoxidil. It's why I don't like trying more than one thing at a time. You may have things in your regimen which are doing nothing but give you side effects.

The Far Side

Established Member
Reaction score
I sort of agree with the correlation to body hair and baldness, my ex has very little to no body hair and doesn't grow facial hair at 21, yet has the thickest hairline ive ever seen (even thicker than any girls ive seen). My housemate & dad are similar. Obviously there's still hair men out there who contradict this, but when I look at the bigger picture... There's a definite correlation! Anyway, just my observations.

On topic, I have to wonder if the improvement you are seeing is only from the minoxidil. It's why I don't like trying more than one thing at a time. You may have things in your regimen which are doing nothing but give you side effects.

Well the problem is individuals aren't keen on experimenting with treatments and being scientific about it when their hair is disappearing. Most of these treatments are better the sooner you start them and no one is going to want to try topical spironolactone by itself for 12-18 months when they could start finasteride or minoxidil as well. Most people go for a kitchen sink approach, as am I. I did try liquid minoxidil before for a ~4month period before giving up because of sides. The results I got from that regimen (no keto shampoo, spironolactone or Revivogen with it) were much weaker than the results I've had this time - so I'm already able to say one of the other treatments is helping (or that foam minoxidil is superior to liquid for me). When I tried minoxidil ~5 years ago I hadn't trawled through sites like this one, so I wasn't very clued up.

My stance was to give treaments one last go before giving up on trying to treat things. I went for a kitchen sink topical approach (pretty moderate though, I steered clear of RU) with my hairline being the only thing I cared about. If I couldn't make anything happen with the hairline using topicals to start with then I was done. I got hairline results and they are encouraging enough for me to move onto starting finasteride. I'm hoping the finasteride will aid things further with the hairline, and the crown needs some love too. The crown was very much a secondary concern since if I couldn't make progress on the hairline I was just going to shave it forever.

The body hair thing is definately interesting to me, as is the connection between DHT and oily skin/acne.

The Far Side

Established Member
Reaction score
7 months today

Quick update since things seem to have improved a bit, to the point where people have started asking if I'm wearing something/had work done :wow:

Closeups of temple regrowth, one side shot and a picture of the crown improvement - which has surprised me since I've only used a bit of spironolactone there for "the itch" in addition to using Regenpure DR (and NT in between). I have pretty bad hair loss around the ears as you can see quite well in that side pic. I searched through the forums but didn't find much about that, other than comments saying it is part of male pattern baldness for "some people".

crown7months.jpgleft_temple.jpgright_temple.jpgright7monthspixel.jpg

Trying finasteride next week, I'm planning to shave it short again if/when the shed begins. If finasteride could sort the crown out and maintain followed by getting a modest hair transplant at the front, I think I'd be happy with the situation for the first time in over a decade...

Donny J

Established Member
Reaction score
7 months today

Quick update since things seem to have improved a bit, to the point where people have started asking if I'm wearing something/had work done :wow:

Closeups of temple regrowth, one side shot and a picture of the crown improvement - which has surprised me since I've only used a bit of spironolactone there for "the itch" in addition to using Regenpure DR (and NT in between). I have pretty bad hair loss around the ears as you can see quite well in that side pic. I searched through the forums but didn't find much about that, other than comments saying it is part of male pattern baldness for "some people".

View attachment 26284View attachment 26285View attachment 26286View attachment 26287

Trying finasteride next week, I'm planning to shave it short again if/when the shed begins. If finasteride could sort the crown out and maintain followed by getting a modest hair transplant at the front, I think I'd be happy with the situation for the first time in over a decade...
WOW. those are great results, congrats! -- it looks like you're responding really well. are you applying anything to the front 1/3 of your scalp? just the nizoral shampoo? or have you started using minoxidil/spironolactone there as well?

The Far Side

Established Member
Reaction score
WOW. those are great results, congrats! -- it looks like you're responding really well. are you applying anything to the front 1/3 of your scalp? just the nizoral shampoo? or have you started using minoxidil/spironolactone there as well?

Thanks! Yes, I've been applying everything in my regimen to the front since the start. I was only interested in seeing if I could get any hairline regrowth before considering my options. The fact the crown seems to have improved is the surprise to me since I've only been using a little spironolactone there (no minoxidil or revivogen) plus the change to keto shampoo.

I've also cut down the Revivogen usage with the intention of stopping it in the near future. I'm only applying it to one temple now in an attempt to see if it is making any actual difference to my hairline or not. There are a number of negativites with Revivogen which make it a chore to use on a daily basis and I'm keen to stop using it unless it proves it's effectiveness to me with this experiment.

Donny J

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Yes, I've been applying everything in my regimen to the front since the start. I was only interested in seeing if I could get any hairline regrowth before considering my options. The fact the crown seems to have improved is the surprise to me since I've only been using a little spironolactone there (no minoxidil or revivogen) plus the change to keto shampoo.

I've also cut down the Revivogen usage with the intention of stopping it in the near future. I'm only applying it to one temple now in an attempt to see if it is making any actual difference to my hairline or not. There are a number of negativites with Revivogen which make it a chore to use on a daily basis and I'm keen to stop using it unless it proves it's effectiveness to me with this experiment.
thanks for the response... curious -- how do you go about applying the spironolactone to your front? as of your latest photos, our hair length is roughly the same, and i find that the cream will leave my hair greasy (and therefore, much thinner looking). do you only apply at night or during day as well? thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

thanks for the response... curious -- how do you go about applying the spironolactone to your front? as of your latest photos, our hair length is roughly the same, and i find that the cream will leave my hair greasy (and therefore, much thinner looking). do you only apply at night or during day as well? thanks!