A few questions after thinking about.............Celebrities

Itsonlyinmyhead

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok if all the treatments that people on this forum are using(me included) work, then why do I see celebrities who earn millions of pounds balding, these guys have personal doctors, dietitians, nutritionists, etc and they obviously dont want to lose their hair but they are. Some may not care like:

Billy Zane
Vin Diesel

Because they have shaved heads and they will probably never grow their hair even if they could
Then there are people like

Wayne Rooney
Prince William
Nicholas Cage
Heath Ledger
David Gest
and many more

who are losing their hair and look like it really bothers them, they wear weaves(Ledger) in films to make them look like they have more hair. Wear Concealer(William) to make them look like they arent losing as much hair. Paint their hair and bald spot with mascara(Gest). And none of these people are on medication or have regained any hair

There are people who have had hair implants
Matthew McCoughney

in order to save his career, i.e. he is a pretty boy and a rubbish actor so needs to rely on his looks.

I know of one famous person who takes propecia and that is Stan Laziridis an Australian football player who used to play for Birmingham City and Australia.

antonio666

Reaction score
wayne rooney could not take propecia or avodart because it would be considered masking for steroid abuse,the royal family probably would not allow prince william to use such drugs,david gest had a hair transplant in the 80's and would be a norwood 7 if he had not so all his follicles are probably dead anyway,why nick cage and heath ledger are not on the drugs is a mystery,maybe ledger is but his hairloss is no that bad at the moment ,someone like jude law ,his hair has stayed the same for 10 years so i would bet that he is on propecia

Itsonlyinmyhead

Established Member
Reaction score
I stand corrected on David Gest and I totally forgot about Jude Law, he must be on something like Propecia or wearing one of those mesh wigs, I really have no idea.
Heath Ledger has got bad hair loss, its very diffuse and receeded, he wears wig meshes on most of his films and premieres.
Wayne Rooney could take propecia he would just have to apply for special consideration and probably be monitored very closely

Wash n' Gone

Established Member
Reaction score
Would he get special dispensation? I doubt that if the drug can mask steroid abuse. Isn't Stan Lazaridis fighting a ban for using finasteride?

Talking of balding footballers, Joe Cole looks like he is balding in the crown area.

antonio666

Reaction score
yes ,i noticed that joe cole was balding in the crown area ,also frank lampards hair is gettimg thin

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
john terry looked pretty thin at the temples.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Re: A few questions after thinking about.............Celebri

Itsonlyinmyhead said:
Ok if all the treatments that people on this forum are using(me included) work, then why do I see celebrities who earn millions of pounds balding,

Who says that they all work? Do they give you a moneyback guarantee? There are no fullproof treatments. Some work for some people not for everyone, you just have to try them and hope for the best.

G

Talking about footballers... Stephen Ireland of Man City definitely wears a wig, he had a huge bald spot last season and in the beginning of this season, but it suddenly disappeared.

And oh yeah, I've also noticed that Joe Cole's bald spot, dunno if it's just a cowlick or if he's really balding. David Thompson of Bolton has thinned on top rapidly and is about as bald as me atm. Dennis Bergkamp's hairloss is a mystery to me, it stayed about the same for about 10 last years of his career :lol:

djthomas85

Reaction score
theres people out there like me, whenever i see a footballer i always lok at their hair.

frank lampards dad has still got his hair, and u can clearly see that lamaprds hair is thin all over, and has no recession.

blondeguy

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but I always perceived an athlete with balding hair as more manly somehow, especially the receded hairline.

s.a.f

Reaction score
blondeguy said:
Maybe it's just me, but I always perceived an athlete with balding hair as more manly somehow, especially the receded hairline.

:roll: Give it up.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Here is what i dont understand. Why do people care about celebrities outside of movies? I mean once the movie credits go by why do people continue to waste their lives following someone elses? I mean shouldnt we be living our own lives?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Because they lead glamourous and interesting lives and most people would like to know what its like to be rich and famous thats what the media caters to, but the media also promotes it by overexposing these people to the point where we know everything about them and almost feel that we know them personly, this keeps the whole showbiz industry going and generating money.

Reaction score
guess some ppl just embrace their baldness

what about Bruce Willis?

by the time he got big star status, he was already balding!

s.a.f

Reaction score
Bruce's hairloss bothers him to some extent, he's always talked about it in interviews and even stated that he if there was a fullproof cure he would take it. He wears wigs in many of his films and I'm sure that its cost him a few roles. Unfortunatly he was NW3 by the time he got succesful and that was like 20 yrs ago so there was never really any chance of hiding it. But luckily for him he looked good with it cut short at the time and looks ok with it shaved (see Hair_tommorrows avatar) but after passing the age of 50 he is starting to look very old whilst some actors with hair, eg Harrison Ford, Robert Redford Warren Beaty Roger Moore etc still looked relativly young when they were 50.

Stu85

Established Member
Reaction score
I guess it's just ignorance. All it would take them is about 5 minutes using google to find out what causes hair loss and what can be done to treat it. But no, it seems wealth and fame can't buy them the common sense required to do this. I know Prince William has reportedly put his hair in the hands of 'alternative medicine' (read: spurious herbalists), and is apparently on some special diet. How sad. A degree from St Andrews and he can't even muster enough common sense to try scientifically accredited treatments. Well, frankly, I think he deserves his baldness.

IBM

Reaction score
blondeguy said:

You're a Ghandi of the Bald World.

DammitLetMeIn

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Stu85 said:
I guess it's just ignorance. All it would take them is about 5 minutes using google to find out what causes hair loss and what can be done to treat it. But no, it seems wealth and fame can't buy them the common sense required to do this. I know Prince William has reportedly put his hair in the hands of 'alternative medicine' (read: spurious herbalists), and is apparently on some special diet. How sad. A degree from St Andrews and he can't even muster enough common sense to try scientifically accredited treatments. Well, frankly, I think he deserves his baldness.

Thats a bit harsh is it not?