A cure in 2025-2030?

overforus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If CB is successful then it's something that will make you hold to your hairs, along with minoxidil and an hair transplant you'll either be thinning or get enough density but you won't be bald. A cure I doubt will ever happen in our life times but you never know how stem cell technology will progress. Follica, Histogen and Replicel... say a lot of things but show very little.
our 3 main runners back then, all dead now *_* you gotta love these researchers.

overforus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
honestly I've just had an extreme anger attack, being realistic, we have Kintor now, that is the big change. They are actually a respectable company it seems, there is a difference between them and your typical hair loss company for sure... all the rest is exactly like 2014, only sh*t in the pipeline (pls dont come at me with hair cloning, Stemson is an honest attempt with good people working on it, but give it 10 years at least)

Otrebor

My Regimen
Reaction score
honestly I've just had an extreme anger attack, being realistic, we have Kintor now, that is the big change. They are actually a respectable company it seems, there is a difference between them and your typical hair loss company for sure... all the rest is exactly like 2014, only sh*t in the pipeline (pls dont come at me with hair cloning, Stemson is an honest attempt with good people working on it, but give it 10 years at least)
the prolactin antibody seems encouraging but there are too many ambiguities on the part of hopemed / bayer which do not bode well.

overforus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
the prolactin antibody seems encouraging but there are too many ambiguities on the part of hopemed / bayer which do not bode well.
Man they dont have a f*****g Website and god knows when the trials start. They might already have dropped it tbh. Even if not I highly doubt lowering Prolactin Levels will be without sides. But yeah obviously it is more promising then the ridiculous stuff from 2014, but Id say 2027 the earliest

Last edited:

Otrebor

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man they dont have a f*****g Website and god knows when the trials start. Even then I highly doubt lowering Prolactin Levels will be without sides
Exactly.

I have never been a conspiracy theorist but I begin to think that there are two alternatives

1) male pattern baldness is really that complicated (no one doubts it but it seems strange that a complete study has never been done connecting all the possible causes)

2) this sector is aimed exclusively at raising funds for other diseases, in many cases they are just well presented scams

overforus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly.

I have never been a conspiracy theorist but I begin to think that there are two alternatives

1) male pattern baldness is really that complicated (no one doubts it but it seems strange that a complete study has never been done connecting all the possible causes)

2) this sector is aimed exclusively at raising funds for other diseases, in many cases they are just well presented scams
Yeah. People should honestly ask themselves why Bayer is selling the hair loss cure to a company which is shady af

Otrebor

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ideally we should create a mega thread in which to discuss the causes from all angles - with the studies and experiences available to us,
try to put the puzzle together as much as possible.
Many of you already do this, and some have really become professionals in the field.

Obviously we don't have the means of big industry, but we would get something more out of it

Otrebor

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah. People should honestly ask themselves why Bayer is selling the hair loss cure to a company which is shady af
only possible answer: china is more interested in having more self-confident males than the west before waging war

(I'm joking of course, or maybe not)

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
aged like milk

overforus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
aged like milk
It always does. It just gives people hope, it is always almost there, but never really there.
It has always the following scheme:
*Hair cloning company in early stages, big hype, never enters human trials, gives people home, just doesnt work out ever*
*Cell Expansion therapy which just never works and has something odd to it (most recent example: Hairclones UK only stuff with no proof on humans)*
*Topical antiandrogen which either doesnt work or has bad sides*
*Peptides meant to be stronger than Minoxidil which always fail*
*Topical Finasteride study which is poorly designed and concludes with "Further Research is needed to conclude if there is a difference in side effect rates, which is the only relevant thing, but somehow we didnt make it a study endpoint"*
*2-3 times a year there is some university research group which produces an amazing breakthrough, they then give an Interview to Folliclethought stating that they are looking for an Industrial Partner, then they disappear for years and nothing progresses*

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is very little on these forums that couldn't be cut & pasted from 10 or 20 years ago. The member names cycle over after 6-7 years and the new ones repeat all the same struggles & copes.

IMO the researchers could have made progress a generation ago if they had framed the issue better. They should be talking about solving the problem for middle/older age women with thinning hair. That gets sympathy. That is viewed as a legitimate problem. Nobody doubts that millions of women would spend big money to fix it.

Male hair loss is treated like a joke. When it's presented as a treatment for men, they have to deal with full-grown adults saying idiotic things like "it's not a real problem" or "men wouldn't spend much money to fix it."

overforus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is very little on these forums that couldn't be cut & pasted from 10 or 20 years ago. The member names cycle over after 6-7 years and the new ones repeat all the same struggles & copes.

IMO the researchers could have made progress a generation ago if they had framed the issue better. They should be talking about solving the problem for middle/older age women with thinning hair. That gets sympathy. That is viewed as a legitimate problem. Nobody doubts that millions of women would spend big money to fix it. Male hair loss is treated like a joke.
100%

overforus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

IMO the researchers could have made progress a generation ago if they had framed the issue better. They should be talking about solving the problem for middle/older age women with thinning hair. That gets sympathy. That is viewed as a legitimate problem. Nobody doubts that millions of women would spend big money to fix it.

Male hair loss is treated like a joke. When it's presented as a treatment for men, they have to deal with full-grown adults saying idiotic things like "it's not a real problem" or "men wouldn't spend much money to fix it."
My "hope" is that social media will make every young guy freak out like sh*t when losing hair in his 20s and our society arrives at the conclusion "perhaps losing hair which is part of humans identity while establishing yourself in the job market and looking for a mate isn't that easy"
,whereas previous generations just swallowed it cause they were occupied with more existential stuff, but superficiality will increase like crazy with social media use, which is going through the roof, especially since Covid.

Last edited:

Otrebor

My Regimen
Reaction score

the problem is that in this sector, more than in others, researchers have worked by induction and not by deduction.

Results have been found with minoxidil, finasteride etc etc only by chance or pure intuition.

No one or almost no one has bothered to draw a complete map of the problem, therefore what we can have are exclusively solutions that target a single piece of the puzzle.

In science perfection or complete description of processes is impossible, there will always be something that will escape, but starting with a complete mapping of the reference system would be the starting point for any search for a solution, excluding any luck

overforus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
the problem is that in this sector, more than in others, researchers have worked by induction and not by deduction.

Results have been found with minoxidil, finasteride etc etc only by chance or pure intuition.

No one or almost no one has bothered to draw a complete map of the problem, therefore what we can have are exclusively solutions that target a single piece of the puzzle.

In science perfection or complete description of processes is impossible, there will always be something that will escape, but starting with a complete mapping of the reference system would be the starting point for any search for a solution, excluding any luck
Honestly, you see how much of a scam this industry by looking at verteporfin. No one came to the idea of trialing it on humans so far, this is such a joke, I promise no one knew of it at ISHRS.