A cure in 2025-2030?

Balding_at_18

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I've just registered today because of my hair thinning at the mere age of 18 and everyone telling me since the age of 16 that my crown was/is thinning at a substantial rate. It seems like I've been dealt with a bad hand of cards in life because out of my whole family, I'm the only one balding. I'm constantly ridiculed by my friends/brothers (all thick hair) and even my girlfriend is showing her disdain towards my rapidly thinning crown and temples.

I'm 6 foot 1, weigh 77 kg and I play sports every week such AFL, soccer etc so my level of health is out of the question.

So the only answer to the predicament I'm in is that I have male pattern baldness.

My plan is when I turn 19, I'll begin taking propecia and in the meantime, I'll keep an eye on the news of battling against hair loss on this forum. I hope when I turn 30 they'll find a cure for Male Pattern Baldness.

My question is as follows;

Will Balding, as in Male Pattern Baldness, be cured by 2025-2030?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

Cure is already here if you believe what Dr. Lauster or what Follica (Dr. George Cotsarelis) have proclaimed.

1) Dr. Lauster has already created artificial skin with follicles that grew hair. This was over 3 years ago.
2) Follica said they have successfully created new hair follicles via wounding method.

In two weeks Dr. Lauster's PhD student Beren Atac will be at the Hair Congress in South Korea presenting a bioreactor that may is supposed to create follicles en mass; ie; any number of desired follicles. We've got an initiative here and on other forums to send a forum member (Desmond) to that congress to listen to all the presentations (its 4 days long) where all the worlds TOP researchers will be speaking about their progress and what the future holds. This presentation will ALSO include Dr. George Cotsarelis as well as Dr. Jahoda and Dr. Christiano (two well known and top docs in the world).

If you wanna help send Desmond as we're all pitching in funds to cover his costs to fly and stay in south korea, get the information and see where we stand along with asking those researchers questions and even speaking to them about a crowdfunding project, heres more info on that:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...go-to-World-Hair-Congress-2014-in-South-Korea!

Having said that... 10 years time? It's definitely possible. If Follicle is as 'very close' to a release as they say they are, it should be much sooner than that. You're lucky as you have options in the meantime; RU, CB, Finasteride, minoxidil and soon Pilofocus if you have enough cash. Let's just hope you're not one of the unlucky guys that goes from full head of hair to complete baldness in only a few years time... but then again, youre unlucky as it is to have this disease thrown at you at such a young age.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
When it comes out it wont be cheap probably be like 25$ per follicle

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I've just registered today because of my hair thinning at the mere age of 18 and everyone telling me since the age of 16 that my crown was/is thinning at a substantial rate. It seems like I've been dealt with a bad hand of cards in life because out of my whole family, I'm the only one balding. I'm constantly ridiculed by my friends/brothers (all thick hair) and even my girlfriend is showing her disdain towards my rapidly thinning crown and temples.

I'm 6 foot 1, weigh 77 kg and I play sports every week such AFL, soccer etc so my level of health is out of the question.

So the only answer to the predicament I'm in is that I have male pattern baldness.

My plan is when I turn 19, I'll begin taking propecia and in the meantime, I'll keep an eye on the news of battling against hair loss on this forum. I hope when I turn 30 they'll find a cure for Male Pattern Baldness.

My question is as follows;

In the mean time you should start minoxidil topically ASAP, if you're lucky you might get that hair you lost, specially since you're young. Don't wait, do it now, also get on nizoral. I will leave the decision to take finasteride to you and the doctor.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

If follicles can be made super fast in any quantity desired like the proposed bio reactor from Dr. Lauster's team, your $25 quote bears no weight. Also, no hair transplant doctor even charges that much, the most I've ever seen is $8/follicle. You're talking about a jump of 3X the amount. Won't happen... it could not happen. That kind of pricing will be so far out of reach from the vast majority of people that it will not allow itself to become a popular method of treatment.

- - - Updated - - -

In the mean time you should start minoxidil topically ASAP, if you're lucky you might get that hair you lost, specially since you're young. Don't wait, do it now, also get on nizoral. I will leave the decision to take finasteride to you and the doctor.

I'd recommend him going on RU over Finasteride at that age... far less likely of him killing his sex drive and erections.

cthulhu2.0

Established Member
Reaction score
Cure is already here if you believe what Dr. Lauster or what Follica (Dr. George Cotsarelis) have proclaimed.

1) Dr. Lauster has already created artificial skin with follicles that grew hair. This was over 3 years ago.
2) Follica said they have successfully created new hair follicles via wounding method.

In two weeks Dr. Lauster's PhD student Beren Atac will be at the Hair Congress in South Korea presenting a bioreactor that may is supposed to create follicles en mass; ie; any number of desired follicles. We've got an initiative here and on other forums to send a forum member (Desmond) to that congress to listen to all the presentations (its 4 days long) where all the worlds TOP researchers will be speaking about their progress and what the future holds. This presentation will ALSO include Dr. George Cotsarelis as well as Dr. Jahoda and Dr. Christiano (two well known and top docs in the world).

If you wanna help send Desmond as we're all pitching in funds to cover his costs to fly and stay in south korea, get the information and see where we stand along with asking those researchers questions and even speaking to them about a crowdfunding project, heres more info on that:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...go-to-World-Hair-Congress-2014-in-South-Korea!

Having said that... 10 years time? It's definitely possible. If Follicle is as 'very close' to a release as they say they are, it should be much sooner than that. You're lucky as you have options in the meantime; RU, CB, Finasteride, minoxidil and soon Pilofocus if you have enough cash. Let's just hope you're not one of the unlucky guys that goes from full head of hair to complete baldness in only a few years time... but then again, youre unlucky as it is to have this disease thrown at you at such a young age.

Everyone keeps referring to Follica like its the hairloss Messiah. First off, that wounding news is definitely old news, try last October with no new developments in terms of news reports. 2nd of all, hair created outside the body in a petri dish is not the same as hair grown by a human being. This is the major hurdle not only for hairloss but for regenerative medicine. Yes we can create artificial organs like livers and even hair follicles, but the human body is very efficient at rejecting these and other types of foreign entities. I wouldn't count on a cure anytime soon so I whole heartedly agree with python, get on minoxidil and nizoral, and maybe even finasteride depending on how severe your hairloss is. You do seem a little young to begin finasteride but a doctor would certainly know more about this than I.

K

karankaran

I think from what I gather, year 2025 is a good bet. putting in account clinical trials, any unseen obstacles in research, FDA approval. There are multiple approaches and something or the other 'should' work - everything from hair multiplication to PGD2 inhibitors are on the table.

resu

Reaction score
If CB is successful then it's something that will make you hold to your hairs, along with minoxidil and an hair transplant you'll either be thinning or get enough density but you won't be bald. A cure I doubt will ever happen in our life times but you never know how stem cell technology will progress. Follica, Histogen and Replicel... say a lot of things but show very little.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
Everyone keeps referring to Follica like its the hairloss Messiah. First off, that wounding news is definitely old news, try last October with no new developments in terms of news reports. 2nd of all, hair created outside the body in a petri dish is not the same as hair grown by a human being. This is the major hurdle not only for hairloss but for regenerative medicine. Yes we can create artificial organs like livers and even hair follicles, but the human body is very efficient at rejecting these and other types of foreign entities. I wouldn't count on a cure anytime soon so I whole heartedly agree with python, get on minoxidil and nizoral, and maybe even finasteride depending on how severe your hairloss is. You do seem a little young to begin finasteride but a doctor would certainly know more about this than I.
That's because they are, Dr Cot and his colleagues are within a few of the researchers who have not only given us breakthroughs in our understanding or hairloss, but also a theoretical cure. I know it's not much but it's the best we have close to anything to a cure in the near feature.

I lwould not recommend RU, it's expensive, purity will always be questioned and it is a pain to mix. The worse part of RU is that it seems to cause massive sheds and if you do not apply it religiously, it will come back with a vengeance. If anything he should just get on emu oil.

- - - Updated - - -

On side note, I am sad because I am not only on minoxidil but also 1.25mg of finasteride and I been losing so much hair in the past three months. So much for the super drug finasteride, huh, I lost the battle it seems :(.

Malin

Established Member
Reaction score
That's because they are, Dr Cot and his colleagues are within a few of the researchers who have not only given us breakthroughs in our understanding or hairloss, but also a theoretical cure. I know it's not much but it's the best we have close to anything to a cure in the near feature.

I lwould not recommend RU, it's expensive, purity will always be questioned and it is a pain to mix. The worse part of RU is that it seems to cause massive sheds and if you do not apply it religiously, it will come back with a vengeance. If anything he should just get on emu oil.

- - - Updated - - -

On side note, I am sad because I am not only on minoxidil but also 1.25mg of finasteride and I been losing so much hair in the past three months. So much for the super drug finasteride, huh, I lost the battle it seems :(.

3 months ain't enough time for the med to work, give it at least 1 year and then do comparison.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
3 months ain't enough time for the med to work, give it at least 1 year and then do comparison.
No, I have been on it for more than two years, it is just not working anymore. I don't know what to do anymore. Might have to think of a hair system.

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score

Nope totally wrong. One thousand dollars per follicle at first down to $100 after several years. No cure in sight for at least 100 years and cost will put it out of reach for all but the richest.

slam1523

Banned
Reaction score
@deadman The fact that you haven't committed suicide makes me wonder if you mean all the negativity you spew on here... I've never read a more negative person in my life if you are serious! Cheer up homie, good news is things will only get better!

overforus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not f*****g joking, this has to end. This sh*t is going since the early 2000s and we gotta show our frustration.

overforus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@deadman The fact that you haven't committed suicide makes me wonder if you mean all the negativity you spew on here... I've never read a more negative person in my life if you are serious! Cheer up homie, good news is things will only get better!
narrator in 2030: but they never got better.