A Battle I Hope To Win! Thinning Hair And New To Treatment.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are only at the beginning and you hair improved massively in 2 months ! :)... so much more to come !
thank you..i'm clearly a responder to treatment which is the good news honestly. now it's just a matter of waiting

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
thank you..i'm clearly a responder to treatment which is the good news honestly. now it's just a matter of waiting

No prob bro.

Just a heads up with minoxidil:

1. Apply only 2x a day (each time 1 ml max.)
2. Wash your hands immediately after application and use a towel only for hands that you don't normally use for face
3. Never apply it on wet scalp and dermaroll not when applying minoxidil but a few hours before

4. Buy a quality eye cream, a moisturizer, hyaluronic acid (these applied twice a day AM/PM) & vitamin C (PM only) serums.

There is a ton of these products on Amazon :). I use Kiehl's, Brickell's (eye creams/moisturizers) and Poppy Austin serums (ordered only now after some research on the net).
A bit expensive at the beginning, but will last a good few months (about 3 on average depending on product - hence about 30 bucks a month.. not bad).

I know this can be a bit of hustle, after a few days it will take 10 minutes AM/PM max after getting used to the skin/haircare routine.

5. Drink a lot of water (still - noncarbonated) at least 3L a day.

Trust me your face will thank me later :)

Akon Lee

My Regimen
Reaction score
For the past year and a half, I haven't been able to 'get away' with even a buzzcut. Recently I decided that it's time to take action, and I'm hopeful about some regrowth. Better late than never and I will have atleast put up a good fight if there is no success! I agree with that.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks, guys. I took another pic to compare with a picture in similar angle, hair length and lighting, and looks like great results, but I am hesitant to post it because perhaps my obsession is creating results out of thin air..or should I say thin hair LOL. message me if anyone wants to see the comparison

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That shed I talked about 2-3 weeks ago...I said it was cosmetically minor, but it continued and I have lost some density unfortunately. I'm not as bad as baseline, but I have lost enough density that it is noticeable in pictures. The good news is that the shed has stopped now.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Beginning of fifth month: I am shedding hair on my head and body, like there is no tomorrow. I buzzed to a 0 guard because I am pretty close to baseline now. Sucks for me :[

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score
i had equal shedding issues after 6 months, it feels horrible and i can understand that you are frustrated and maybe a little depressed.

All i can say is it takes 4-6 weeks and it will all start to come back, and a little more than before.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i had equal shedding issues after 6 months, it feels horrible and i can understand that you are frustrated and maybe a little depressed.

All i can say is it takes 4-6 weeks and it will all start to come back, and a little more than before.
thanks bro. i am hoping to get the most out of treatment, in 6 months I'm gonna get a transplant and hopefully I can live my life again.
Are you planning on a transplant?

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks bro. i am hoping to get the most out of treatment, in 6 months I'm gonna get a transplant and hopefully I can live my life again.
Are you planning on a transplant?
no, i started to late and reached a nw7 (and lived with it for 8 years)

i am getting better and better with minoxidil and topical finasteride, but a complete recovery with a hairtransplant still feels like a mission impossible ;)

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shedding seems to have slowed down, but there are still some microscopic or very thin hairs on my palms after I apply minoxidil. The second major shed is also having an impact on the density of my body hair, specifically chest hair. I am going to estimate that I now have only about 40% of the chest hair I had before starting hair loss treatment. The chest hairs I am shedding are fully healthy hairs with a white bulb at the end. If I rub my chest, I will have 10+ hairs on my hands.

JonnyGo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hairline is starting to become more rounded as the new hairs gradually thicken up after 7.5 months of treatment.
If I was you I’d be really happy. I think your hair looks awesome and if you grow it out you won’t even notice any thinning. Congratz!
Any sides on fina?

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I was you I’d be really happy. I think your hair looks awesome and if you grow it out you won’t even notice any thinning. Congratz!
Any sides on fina?
Initial ball ache, some nipple discomfort, and persistent watery semen. Libido was really high in the beginning, then levelled off.

Last edited:

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sep 24 is the longest
May and Dec are the same length
And July is the shortest
Amazing results. Can you post clearer pics of what it looks like now?

You went from literally bald to passably non balding with a bit of toppik.

I highly suggest growing your hair out a bit. My hair is longer and with just a bit of toppik in my crown no one can tell I’m balding (I think). I’ve seen people with my level of balding get their hair cut as short as yours and it looks worse, so with longer hair I think you can rock a decent non balding look.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is one picture in decent lighting that isn't too strong or too dim.

Also a pic from the side, and you can see how decent it really looks without the light hitting the hair directly.

I really hope that some length gives me the volume effect needed.
Dude with more length you won’t look balding, tbh from these pics you barely look balding. This is an extreme success. Soak it in you lucky bastard.